FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

spelling checker?

lex
there is a phpbb hack call spelling cow spell checker , think it would be useful
WickedGravity
If they installed EasyMod, it is about the easiest thing to install for all the mods. Then again, it is a pain in the ass if you don't have EasyMod intalled.

Plus, if it is installed via Fantastico (PHPBB that is) then it is almost impossible to install because of a little pain called realitive pathways.

Just my two cents per usual.
Bondings
I thought of installing that one, but it will only slow down the forum and the server and I doubt if many people will use it as it is not really a good spell checker.
SagMan
Bondings wrote:
I thought of installing that one, but it will only slow down the forum and the server and I doubt if many people will use it as it is not really a good spell checker.

Spellchecker is important in the forum because many pepole here aren't native speakers and this option will help them...
WickedGravity
Bondings is right in the sense that if you are not registered with SpellingCow.com then you can't create your own custom word list, which means if you have a bizzare name, everytime you post you have to worry about your name or some silly little thing you typed to make a point. (eg. ummmmm, urrr, duhh0

It is a slowdown too, have it installed in my forum and the only reason I keep it is because of my particularly low traffic level.

If and when I get some more traffic I will definately be taking that one down big time.
Maka
Oooh that horrible thing, it was on a site I frequently visit, they ended up taking it off as it was more worse then good, it slowed the site down and also no one hardly used the thing. Mad