FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tomb Rider: Legend - My short review.

Helios
It is true, I got tired playing Oblivion.
Maybe because of my old hardware.. hell knows.

Well, I got my mouse into google and searched for something new.
I've found that a new Tomb Rider is coming out and it suddenly appeared installed on my HD.
Very Happy

After I examined some screenshots and read the sys. requirements, I wasn't really optimistic about the frame rate.
Well, I was wrong.

Tomb Rider: Legend's engine is just awsome.
I'm playing on maxed details(most of the time with full screen AA) and keeping a decent frame rate(30 with heavy textures to 150 in closed dungeons).
My hardware, btw:
9600XT 256mB
256x2 DDR
3Ghz Intel Processor

The game is just great, not only because of Lara's behind, but also because of easy character control and smooth gameplay and I've already emntioned the graphics.
The plot is fine, but it's not Deus Ex, is it? Laughing

Some of you might think that the adventure genre is old, gay, lame.. etc
Well, you are (probably) wrong.
I really recommend this game. You might find it refreshing after those gray FPSs and RPGs we're used to.

Another adventure game I recommend is: Fahrenheit.

Oh, that's all I wanted to say Razz
Enjoy! Very Happy

Btw, sorry about any grammar or spelling mistakes.
It's 1 am now... I'm pretty tired.
Saryon
Getting bored of Oblivion, ZOMG! Is that even possible??

Is the new Tomb Raider better than the previos one? Because the previous was really bad actually. Thinking of buying it too..
selim06
i really don't like Tomb Raider because they have relased too much games...it's so borred...and i won't buy it...
djared90
I haven't bought the game, but I did download and play a demo of Tomb Raider: Legend off of FilePlanet. Of course, I cranked up all the graphics settings to the max before I played, and I was amazed by the quality. I also enjoyed the ease of gameplay (as short as the demo was for me), and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up buying it next time I'm at Best Buy.
SainT
djared90, yes, I agree with you.

I, on the other hand, got the game from a torrent site.
The game is great! I'm actually thinking about purchasing a copy.

You really should try this game.
The visual effects they've added are quite amazing.
Warning: be sure to get a 9800 or a 6800 before playing Wink
ammo
Is the game really worth investing in? I have been thinking about it but did get slightly bored of some of the other Tomb raider games.
Helios
Well, the game is fun Very Happy

I've just finished it(took me 2.5 days).

If you have the money, why not?

The game is very nice, imo.

You should read more reviews and decide Smile
anhstar
I'm playing the game right now and its best of the series. Graphic is good and Lara is as sexy as ever, maybe even more hehe.

One thing is that its kinda short, I had to slow down cuz Im at the end now so dont want ruin the fun.
jogaredi
I don't like tom raider
Helios
anhstar wrote:
I'm playing the game right now and its best of the series. Graphic is good and Lara is as sexy as ever, maybe even more hehe.

One thing is that its kinda short, I had to slow down cuz Im at the end now so dont want ruin the fun.

Yea, I was also a bit disappointed after I've finished the game - It's quite short.

So my recommendation: PLAY AT HIGH DIFFICULTY!

Overall, I'd give this game 8/10.
psergiol
The new Tomb Raider is very good.
Forget the previous game, this one (legend) is the best TR since the first one.
graphics are great, animation is smooth, music is suprisingly plaisant...
and Lara... is better than ever... Cool
Dean_The_Great
I have yet to try this new game, although I was big into Tomb Raiders 1-3, and I remember being blown away by the ridiculously awesome graphics they employed. It's funny to think of them now, because the graphics are terrible to those games by today's standards.

I may yet try the new game, although I must admit it has been awhile since I could consider myself a hardcore gamer. I haven't been a hardcore gamer since the release of say "Diablo II: Lord of Destruction". That was the last game I was in to when it was huge.
Jeff_vella_leone
Helios wrote:
It is true, I got tired playing Oblivion.
Maybe because of my old hardware.. hell knows.

Well, I got my mouse into google and searched for something new.
I've found that a new Tomb Rider is coming out and it suddenly appeared installed on my HD.
Very Happy

After I examined some screenshots and read the sys. requirements, I wasn't really optimistic about the frame rate.
Well, I was wrong.

Tomb Rider: Legend's engine is just awsome.
I'm playing on maxed details(most of the time with full screen AA) and keeping a decent frame rate(30 with heavy textures to 150 in closed dungeons).
My hardware, btw:
9600XT 256mB
256x2 DDR
3Ghz Intel Processor

The game is just great, not only because of Lara's behind, but also because of easy character control and smooth gameplay and I've already emntioned the graphics.
The plot is fine, but it's not Deus Ex, is it? Laughing

Some of you might think that the adventure genre is old, gay, lame.. etc
Well, you are (probably) wrong.
I really recommend this game. You might find it refreshing after those gray FPSs and RPGs we're used to.

Another adventure game I recommend is: Fahrenheit.

Oh, that's all I wanted to say Razz
Enjoy! Very Happy

Btw, sorry about any grammar or spelling mistakes.
It's 1 am now... I'm pretty tired.

helios i fully agree with u though im still not tired of oblivion
im a fan of Tomb Raider and Legend is really a great one
i played demo and its great, just getting the game in a week.
the other tomb raider's just don't start with Legend!!!
for now im playen Oblivion all the time ( can't stop lol).
about fahrenheit, its a great game too, an original type of game that for me, it is a must play at least once (super ammasing story that keeps u playen it non stop).
Those 3 games are amongst the best games in my openion.
djsamsung
woohoo! Very Happy

Tomb Raider : Legend is the best among the series hands down. Graphically amazing, no framerate issues, easy to control Lara and more!

i found there's no prob with this game, fully recommend to get a copy, it's worth it.

HEY!? Is Fahrenheit a great game? thinking of getting myself a copy.... Rolling Eyes
TonkPilz
im no fan of the tomb raider games but iv heard some good tings about this one tho mybe il get it some day when i finely goten tierd of OBLIVION (thats not gona happen Very Happy )

and yeah Fahrenheit is a game you deffenently shuld try...