FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can someone help me ? Com domain setup?

pacslim
I bought me a .com domain for my tupac.frihost.net website Makaveliliveson.com I got it working to show to site but it doesn't work anymore with direct links

Like:
http://makaveliliveson.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user

doesn't work like it supposed to ?
It should look qua content, like this:

http://tupac.frihost.net/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user

On the domain settings, I toled it to forwarded the domain makaveliliveson.com/ to tupac.frihost.net/
and as method framming

the nameserver doesn't work for me or it's because imma new please someone help me with this !

Did I do something wrong with the settings? what made this strange error ? I dunno, mayby me because like i said I'm new to this !
allready thankz for a solution and/or help with this !

Also in my forum and phpnuke site I replaced all the tupac.frihost.net everywhere with the new makaveliliveson.com domain is that good? Confused
foggy
Go to the place from which you bought the domain and access the control panel. Instead of making it forward to your .frihost.net domain, look for the option to change the nameservers for your domain. There should be a place for you to input at least a primary nameserver and a secondary name server. Enter ns1.frihost.net, and ns2.frihost.net respectively. Also, access your cPanel and add the domain you bought as a "Parked" domain. You will then have to wait for the nameservers to propagate. This can take up to 72 hours, but it usually is working in under 24.

After this is working, it's a good thing that you have changed the links on your CMS. I realize this may not be the easiest thing to follow, so be sure to ask if you have any more questions. Smile
pacslim
foggy wrote:
Go to the place from which you bought the domain and access the control panel. Instead of making it forward to your .frihost.net domain, look for the option to change the nameservers for your domain. There should be a place for you to input at least a primary nameserver and a secondary name server. Enter ns1.frihost.net, and ns2.frihost.net respectively. Also, access your cPanel and add the domain you bought as a "Parked" domain. You will then have to wait for the nameservers to propagate. This can take up to 72 hours, but it usually is working in under 24.

After this is working, it's a good thing that you have changed the links on your CMS. I realize this may not be the easiest thing to follow, so be sure to ask if you have any more questions. Smile

There is an option for nameservers, but is this the only way?
(because when i do this, it pionts to an ip imma not familiar with?)
And which mode should I choose then? The company I bought my .com domain with has the following info about their modes:

Each domain can be in one of the following modes:
FORWARDING This simple mode enables you to have your domain forwarded to any link on the Internet. E-mail forwarding is available. For more forwarding options, use Advanced mode below.
DNS HOSTING If you run http/ftp/mail servers yourself but do not want to run your own name server, this mode is for you. You can also use this mode to setup a secondary/backup name server.
DIRECT If you or your web hosting company provide name servers, you can use two methods to correctly point your domain name. Two different methods correspond to two different modes: Direct and Advanced. In Direct mode, you can point your domain using name servers. In Advanced mode below, you can replicate host information from any given name servers to our name servers. Any changes in our name servers take effect instantly.
ADVANCED In Advanced Host Configuration mode, the DNS Hosting and Forwarding modes are united for the best flexibility. Subdomains and Emails are unlimited. Any changes under this mode take effect immediately (Instant DNS).

Also again many thnzx 4 your help ! Wink
Bondings
You should take the direct one and fill in some form ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net and that's all you have to do on the domain registrar's side.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
You should take the direct one and fill in some form ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net and that's all you have to do on the domain registrar's side.

OK, I will took your advise now, but it ask for also this: IP Address
(can only be specified for sub-domains in the current domain)???
I filled in the ip u gave me for the hosting for both ns's 216.32.68.250

also Bondings after I did that what else should I do on this side ? Confused Again Many Thanks for helping to everyone up in here ! Ya'll Great, 1luv from pacslim Wink
Bondings
pacslim wrote:
Bondings wrote:

OK, I will took your advise now, but it ask for also this: IP Address
(can only be specified for sub-domains in the current domain)???
I filled in the ip u gave me for the hosting for both ns's 216.32.68.250

also Bondings after I did that what else should I do on this side ? Confused Again Many Thanks for helping to everyone up in here ! Ya'll Great, 1luv from pacslim Wink

Normally they don't need the ip's, but normally the ip's are 216.32.68.250 and 216.32.68.254.

After doing that you need to go to addon domains (to point it to a directory in your public_html folder, that will be the new home directory of that domain) or to parked domains and fill in that domain. It should be working after 6-48 hours.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
...After doing that you need to go to addon domains (to point it to a directory in your public_html folder, that will be the new home directory of that domain) or to parked domains and fill in that domain. It should be working after 6-48 hours.

Ok I suppose thats what I have to do in cpanel addon domains, well then it get questions like this that i don't understand good, mayby imma dumb f*ck lol please help this noob again:

New Domain Name: makaveliliveson.com (I think I should do it like this?)
Username/directory/subdomain Name: (I dunno my tupac.frihost.net or my username from my frihost hosting account or what?)
Password: (should i put my frihost hosting account pasw in here ?)
please help me
!!!
Can't thank you enough ! Wink

ps: my index to my site main page is located at tupac.frihost.net/public_htlm/ Arrow
Bondings
Quote:
Name Server: NS.DEWDESIGNS.COM
Name Server: NS5.DEWDESIGNS.NET

Is what I get when I search for the whois information for your website.

In the addon domains fill in

domain name: makaveliliveson.com
Username/directory/subdomain Name: <nothing (if you want it to be in public_html)>
password: <just some random password>
pacslim
well thats what my domain provider also says on my account there even after i did all u said bondings and changed them, I think it has to do with it was first on there because i had it on advandced mode and it said it would take a while to change the info i changed so i'll wait and otherwise set it up again there till it works !

about the cpanel addon domains settings I treid that but then it says: Addon Domain Additions

could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

Nameserver ips for makaveliliveson.com are: 66.15.12.224,66.15.12.228 Bind reconfiguring on host using rndc
Created DNS entry for makaveliliveson.com

Setup Mail forward makaveliliveson.com -> tupac.frihost.net
Setup makaveliliveson.com OK
Adding httpd.conf entry for makaveliliveson.com to point to tupac.frihost.net

You must specify a username. Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

makaveliliveson.com has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain .tupac.frihost.net. FTP access has been granted with the username and the password trustno1.

also thanks 4 all the help so far bondings ya half man , half amazing ! Wink
Bondings
For the errors, I think cpanel doesn't like it if you put an addon domain in the public_html folder, but normally it should work like you did it.

Now the only thing we can do is wait at least a few hours. Anyway, when you do a whois search, the ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net should be there. (not yet at the moment) If you can see that, then it should only take some time untill they propagate to your isp.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
For the errors, I think cpanel doesn't like it if you put an addon domain in the public_html folder, but normally it should work like you did it.

Now the only thing we can do is wait at least a few hours. Anyway, when you do a whois search, the ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net should be there. (not yet at the moment) If you can see that, then it should only take some time untill they propagate to your isp.

well i think the ns 's work now like they should because www.makaveli-lives-on.com works allready but www.makaveliliveson.com not yet also is that a problem if i let these 2 com domains to this one host account i have by you ? (instead of one?)
also another strange thing is in addon domains don't list my com domains but parked domains do is this supposed to? (mayby i should move the whole site an folder in /public_htlm?) tell me your thoughts please I allmost got it all working and understand this now thnzx again... Wink
Bondings
pacslim wrote:
not yet also is that a problem if i let these 2 com domains to this one host account i have by you ? (instead of one?)

It's not at all a problem. We claim to allow unlimited addon and parked domains, so two will certainly be ok. Wink

The domain with dashes seems to work fine. The other one not yet. If it's still not working by tomorrow and the nameservers are pointing to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net, I'll try to fix it for you. Wink
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
pacslim wrote:
not yet also is that a problem if i let these 2 com domains to this one host account i have by you ? (instead of one?)

It's not at all a problem. We claim to allow unlimited addon and parked domains, so two will certainly be ok. Wink

The domain with dashes seems to work fine. The other one not yet. If it's still not working by tomorrow and the nameservers are pointing to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net, I'll try to fix it for you. Wink

The 2 domains now both work like they suppose too !

Thanks for all bondings

Also to correct you: Ya'll not claiming here, frihost is most certainly delivering !
Wink Very Happy

thanks again bondings ! Wink