FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cheap domain for me

Which domain
samisaada.com
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
samisaada.org
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
samisaada.net
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
samisaada.biz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
samisaada.info
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
samisaada.name
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something else ...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

SamiTheBerber
Hi!
I'm looking for cheap domain. I live in Finland, which eliminates some options.

I'm going to get samisaada.com/.org/.net/.biz/.info/.name. Which one is best for me in your opinion?

Please help me out of this problem. I was going to get one in 1and1, but I noticed that it is USA and Canada only :S

Thanks in forehand!
Animal
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Please help me out of this problem. I was going to get one in 1and1, but I noticed that it is USA and Canada only :S

That's not true. I use 1&1 and I'm not based in the US or Canada. There are several 1&1 sites - try looking about for them. However, you may be faster just getting a domain from a local registrar.

In terms of which TLD you should get, I'd suggest .org or .info provided you're not selling anything. If not, .com is the most popular and most widely used.

Unfortunately, Verisign own the rights to .com, .net, .org and .info, so they are the most expensive domain names.
Blaster
Really a .com domain name can be found cheap. There are some place where it is like $4 USD a year. The rest are somthing like $8 USD a year. Most of the time .info is expensive too.
Scorpio
You can go to smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains and register a domain at 2.99$ (short time offer) for the first year alone or at the same price at iPower.com

That ll help you get started, then you can check the prices next year before renewing..

Get a .com or .net .
They are snazzy
dz9c
Why anything else besides .com? Just wondering why you would ask
SamiTheBerber
Animal wrote:
SamiTheBerber wrote:

That's not true. I use 1&1 and I'm not based in the US or Canada. There are several 1&1 sites - try looking about for them. However, you may be faster just getting a domain from a local registrar.

I noticed that 1and1.com only offers for US and Canada and it is cheapest one. For example in 1und1.de can pay with euros, but it is only month payment, so it will come more expensive.

scorpio wrote:
You can go to smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains and register a domain at 2.99$ (short time offer) for the first year alone or at the same price at iPower.com

That ll help you get started, then you can check the prices next year before renewing..

Get a .com or .net .
They are snazzy

Thanks for those links! iPower.com is quite cheap. Maybe I will take that.
itarlo
defenatly .com