FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Backpage hits

Tony The Tiger
I have just noticed that my tracker (extremetracking.com ) does not count back page hits. In fact, if a surfer searches on a term that leads him to one of my back pages and he clicks through to my main page the referring page is my back page and not the search engine. The old version of this tracker (that I started on 04April2002) use to count back page hits. For example, suppose you did a search on one of my friends who I have on my photo page. If you went to my photo page and then clicked through to my main page, my counter would count the photopage as the referring page to my index/main page. The old version of this tracker would count the search engine page as the referring page to my domain and then include the search terms in my keyword data.

I am now looking for a new hit counter that counts domain hits so that I get all my back page keyword data as well. Do you know of a free tracker that counts domain hits and provides keyword data instead of just counting index/main page hits?
Bondings
Well I use http://www.counterbank.com/ on a few of my websites.
Tony The Tiger
I am going to try it. When I set up my project, do I list each backpage on the webpage URLs?
Bondings
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I am going to try it. When I set up my project, do I list each backpage on the webpage URLs?

I'm not sure about that, maybe try it out. I mostly use it for referrals and visitors, not page views to be honest.
Tony The Tiger
I have the following results:

You have 1 projects.
Project Name Total Page Views Total Uniques Uniques Today
TonyTheTiger 57 20 2

However, when I doubleclick on the project, it says:

Displaying Hits from Thursday, April 2, 2009 to Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sorry, but you do not have any hits recorded in the database.
Bondings
Oh that seems to be a bug, I think you need to click on recent hits on the left or one of the other options.
Tony The Tiger
I just noticed that it only gives a limited number of referrers and does not give keywords. How many referrers does it keep track of.
Bondings
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I just noticed that it only gives a limited number of referrers and does not give keywords. How many referrers does it keep track of.

I don't know, but it should be enough for a small website I think.
Tony The Tiger
Oddly, this morning I had a hit with 22 page view over the course of about 12 minutes at about 10:30. Then, an hour later when I went back to look at my 30 most recent hits, this hit had disappeared even though I had only had 4 hits today. What is going on?