FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Point Problem ???

Scorpio
Is it not that 3 points is the max for any post.. Well Just check this out and tell me if this is normal.. or has a change been made

n0obie4life
Bondings seems to have increased the limit to four and forgot to add a new announcement Laughing.

Don't worry about it, I'll remind Bondings to add an announcement or change back if this is a mistake Wink.
Daniel15
scorpio wrote:
Is it not that 3 points is the max for any post.. Well Just check this out and tell me if this is normal.. or has a change been made

Hey, look at n0obie4life's signature! You're famous Razz

EDIT: Well, not anymore... n0obie has already changed his signature Razz
Scorpio
Yeehaw....

I am famous....
Bondings
I'm just testing a few things out, there is no need to make it official. Wink
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I'm just testing a few things out, there is no need to make it official. Wink

Too bad Razz
Blaster
I hope you keep it! 4 points is rewarding people. I really think you should put the points to the way they where. Where you were only getting something like .49 if you posted somthing like n0obie just did.
Saryon
Ye, just got 3.5 points. Already thought I did something wrong Very Happy
But hey, keep it like this, it's nice ^^
And otherwise, I'll just post a lot today Wink
speedlikecy
until now i never get 3 points.... Sad Sad Sad Sad
Blaster
Then make quality posts. If you make quality posts then you will get lots of points. So the hint is to make quality posts. Don't make short posts. If you do that you wont get 4 points.

So remember make quality posts and you will be succesful.
nilsmo
What about implementing a system where special moderators manually give points to posts they find insightful?
Bondings
nilsmo wrote:
What about implementing a system where special moderators manually give points to posts they find insightful?

That's a good idea and I was thinking about something similar, but it is a lot of work (both to code and just give points to posts).
Blaster
That is a good idea. Nice thinking. Or maybe points to people that really helped people out.
dragonflame
i would love to see the max points you can hold increased. Theres just time youre in a posting mood, and sometimes youre in a month long vacation.
rightclickscott
4 points seems rather nice, because the posts I either make are short posts like this which shouldn't deserve any points or exceedingly long posts which seem like they should break the 3 point barrier.
n0obie4life
dragonflame wrote:
i would love to see the max points you can hold increased. Theres just time youre in a posting mood, and sometimes youre in a month long vacation.

If you have 45 points, and you are gone for a month, you'll come back with 15 points.
a.Bird
I think the point system is fine. If there needs to be any drastic changes, a poll should be posted to reach a community opinion before any major modifications are completed. Frihost could lose a lot of members if a disagreeable enforcement was implimented, like the recieving of points only through manual analysis by moderators... some people may find that system too unfair... too biased.

I think that as frihost members, we need to stop being so hung up on the idea of a points system and worry more about making this forum alive and worth surfing. We all live here, we should just communicate genuinely and percisely. If we do so, we can all recieve points for our posts without zeal and guilt and everything should work out just fine.
oneightwo
a.Bird wrote:
I think the point system is fine. If there needs to be any drastic changes, a poll should be posted to reach a community opinion before any major modifications are completed. Frihost could lose a lot of members if a disagreeable enforcement was implimented, like the recieving of points only through manual analysis by moderators... some people may find that system too unfair... too biased.

I think that as frihost members, we need to stop being so hung up on the idea of a points system and worry more about making this forum alive and worth surfing. We all live here, we should just communicate genuinely and percisely. If we do so, we can all recieve points for our posts without zeal and guilt and everything should work out just fine.

i concur with you completely. i think people here worry too much about just posting to keep there points to keep their hosting. for most people here (i'm just assuming) they just post for the hosting. They're not posting to help the forum or anything. So this makes people just talk crap that they don't realy mean or care about, which is not what should be in the forum. Also, i think the current point system is fine. i would just not worry about it, and worry more about enjoying the forum experience.