FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gods must be Crazy

akshar
I saw this old movie recently a great one. I wanted to know more about the cast especially the tribals and how and where this movie was shot.
lyndonray
That movie is offensive, racist, degrading. It is tasteless and has no respect for other cultures. Having said that, it has to be one of the funniest movies ever!!! It was shot in the South African part of the Kalagadi Desert if I am not mistaken.
AG007
LOL, my mom likes that movie. I have not seen it yet. But she saids is really funny. Laughing Laughing Laughing
AdamantMonk
DAMN! I've wanted to see this movie ever since someone mentioned it to me, I had to be like 11 when I first heard of it, then I've been in it's presence like 15 times since then but never seen it.
jyrevi
I love that movie! I've seen 4 of them (i think). I don't really know the characters, but the tribe's the same (especially the leading one), and he gets into alot of trouble, but manages his way out, by following his jungle instincts Wink
I don't want to add more just in case it might be a spoiler Razz
HoboPelican
I haven't seen that flick in 20 years! I remember it being pretty funny, though.

A couple of trivia points from IMDB:

Trivia for
The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)

* Director Jamie Uys searched for three months in the Kalahari, South Africa, to find the perfect Bushman (N!xau), who in real life had no contact with modern civilization to play the role of Xi.

* Xixo's freqent look of bewilderment was genuine, since actor N!xau, an actual bushman, was seeing many of these things for the very first time.

I guess I should rent it again see if I still laugh...or cringe!
molif
bloody hell.. my friends says i look like that african guy..

everywhere i go, they will call me "AFRICAN!"

wat the..
Varun
i have seen this movie couple of years ago, and they are really funny, i loved the first and the second part but the third was not that good and i had no idea that there was fourth part to it, i will search for it right away...
AG007
HA. I just saw the first and second movie. Those are really good.
I did not know there was a third and four. Got to go look it up. Smile Smile Smile