FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ASUS Wlan card

Ester
Has anyone had problems setting up wi-fi. I had it running lovely, then I changed my firewall and internet security. Now I have no idea why it won't work. I have set up my firewall to accept the connection from the other computer. Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
photon
maybe you blocked all incoming connections in the firewall. try reverting to the old settings and check it it works
powerslave
Ester wrote:
Has anyone had problems setting up wi-fi. I had it running lovely, then I changed my firewall and internet security. Now I have no idea why it won't work. I have set up my firewall to accept the connection from the other computer. Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

1) When you connect to your wi-fi network you must set it as a local network which contains file and printer sharing.
2) You must allow other PCs to connect to the network so you can download any thing you want from other PCs.
3) Give the same name to the all networks which are installed in different computers.

When you do the 3 -above-, open "My Computer" and click Tools*Map A Network Drive and choose the folders or drives you want to connect to. That's all.