FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do friends matter

Blaster
Do somones friends matter when you want to ask them out?

I want to go out with this girl but I dont' like her friends that much. What should I do?
vakkiex
Yes frends matters, you cant live whitout frends so yes frends are really important in your life...
Srs2388
well, it would all depend, if you dont like her frineds, and you like her
(*you will have to like her alot*) but if you liker her that much who cares about her friends right?
Because, if you like someone you dont like their friends you like her, so whether or not if her friends like you shouldn't mean anything
but, dont be a jerk to her friends... she might slap you or something
and dont let her friends try to talk her into breaking up with you *they might try this* so beware
all I can say is good luck with it Very Happy
Scorpio
Obviously they matter...

The simple fact is that a girl depends more on her friends' opinions than here personal decision making skills in selecting a person to go out with..

So she asks them for opinions as how the person is, is he good for me or vice versa...

Dont worry if you dont like her friends, the fact is that they must like you, be impressed by our personality or charm..

This will enable you to make a better impression on the girl..

Because they will probably recommend her to choose you over others..

But if you really hate her friends to the point of, well, HATRED, then you have 3 options.

1. You forget the girl and get another one( there are lots you know)

Relative Difficulty: Easy

2. Dont try to impress her friends or despise them. Forget that they exist

Relative Difficulty: Medium

3. You can try impress your girl so that she over rides her friends opinions
at the same time you can openly propagate your hatred toward them and risk getting ditched

Relative Difficulty: Very hard

Choose one and enjoy!! Wink
Tumbleweed
If you like her enough her friends shouldnt matter in the short term......maybe in the long term they could have some effects on your relationship, but this could be for the better rather than the worse.
She may even reject you for the same reasons you hav'nt asked her yet, would'nt that be ironic Razz
Still I say go for it.........many ppl have different "sets" of friends ,in a relationship liking or not liking your partners friends dosnt have to be a big issue if you dont want it to be.
Garnet
Srs2388's right, if the friends don't like you they'll do their best to get her to break up with you. Or if they feel you're so-so, then everytime you do something wrong (like forget a birthday, be five min late etc) they'll deduct points Twisted Evil

Anyway though if you take the Medium Difficulty setting, I find the girl or guy will usually take up the other person's friends. Just from what I've seen though.
Ray Gravin
Honestly I dont think Ive ever really liked any of my significant others group of freinds... ever lol .... on rare ocassions ive shared friends to a certain extent but yeah. Its not a huge deal unless you absolutly cannot stand them and there always there to drive you crazy. Be polite.... avoid sore subjects if nessasary and if nessasary try to avoid spending time with the offending friend in question ; )
Blaster
Thanks guys you are really helping me. I am going to get to know her friends a little bit better before I ask her out.
Konimaka
i think that friends do matter, but you shouldn't make such a big point about it. maybe the girls you want to go out with is just like her friends, maybe you don't like their friends and find out she's like them and you don't like her either. but if she's not the same, and you do really like her, then it doesn't matter what her friends are like.

if you understand this far Razz this is my theory
varuncomputers
relationships are more important in life...without these we cant achieve anything....we achieve more if our surrounding relationships are good....we get good relationship based on our attitude....there are various types of relationship which we see in our life.....every relationship we come across may have one or more advantages and even disadvantages too....
adhoc
Did she choose her friends herself? Does she like them? In that case, what they are like might tell you a good bit about what she is like or wishes to be like.. So if you don't like them, be careful about her.
babarus
Why do friends matter? This is one of the central questions addressed in Judy Dunn's new book, Children's Friendships: The Beginnings of Intimacy. Professor Dunn, an eminent scholar of developmental psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, is widely known for careful and elegant longitudinal studies conducted in En-gland and in Pennsylvania (USA) that detail the development of family and friend relationships during the early and middle childhood years. As was the case in previous volumes on related topics (e.g., Young Children's Close Relationships: Beyond Attachment; Separate Lives: Why Siblings Are So Different), these longitudinal studies provide rich fodder for Dunn's theses about the developmental significance of close relationships. In the present volume, she argues that friendships during early childhood provide experiences that are crucial for normative cognitive, emotional, and social development.
furtasacra
If somebody's friends don't like you, or you don't like them, you pretty much are going to (a) not be able to have a relationship with the person or (b) the relationship will be miserable.

I test drive men past my friends. If my friends take a dislike to them, they're done for, no matter how crazy I am about them. Same thing goes if their friends don't like me. It makes socializing too stressful.
Bluedoll
Who are you going out with her or her friends? Seriously a valid question, some people can't separate from their friends and if you going to be around them you may be on test, or appear not very talkitive or worry about what they think of you which maybe you shouldn't. On the other hand maybe you will be around her and only sometimes around the friends which should be ok for everyone.
greeneyedtaxi
it depends. some people act differently around their friends. but usually, their real selves come out when they're with someone who they can resonate with.
karysky
If you love her, the friends don't matter.

Important thing: don't try to keep her away from her friends.

My ex boyfriend almost drove me away from my childhood friend because HE didn't like her. It's one of the reasons why I had to split with him.

You can still go out with her and not see her friends often... and maybe you'll even learn to like them, who knows?
zacky
Blaster wrote:

I want to go out with this girl but I dont' like her friends that much. What should I do?

Well in that case it is better to talk the girl. Inform her that your not comfortable hanging with her friends or maybe you can do something, another ally-by other than from what i mention. Before, when i'm courting a girl, and i sees that she have friends with her, i give a signal at first before i move. I already giving her an idea that we could be more happier if were just the two of us. Base on my experience, you can just do this if you feel that girl is also attracted to you. Maybe before hanging out, sender a messages dealing about the two of you, and then when you hits the bullshit, viola, you can now invite her to go out just the two of you. I don't like dealing to a person who with somebody coz it really distracting. Sometimes, they will talk about you if your okay or not, that's the thing that we don't want to happen coz if the friend said that your not approve, then of course she will believe from what her friends said. I have a lot of tricks when it comes to that situation, of course there is no book or article that will guide through a lot, experience still the best answer! Just explore the world and you can make it. Figure out why things happen badly when you commit mistakes or it went in negative way. Then try it again, and viola, you will learn from your mistakes..
microsnitch
when you love someone, you must love her and her love ones. She might die without them. She needs her friends like you need yours.
macky
zacky wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Well in that case it is better to talk the girl. Inform her that your not comfortable hanging with her friends or maybe you can do something, another ally-by other than from what i mention. Before, when i'm courting a girl, and i sees that she have friends with her, i give a signal at first before i move. I already giving her an idea that we could be more happier if were just the two of us. Base on my experience, you can just do this if you feel that girl is also attracted to you. Maybe before hanging out, sender a messages dealing about the two of you, and then when you hits the bullshit, viola, you can now invite her to go out just the two of you. I don't like dealing to a person who with somebody coz it really distracting. Sometimes, they will talk about you if your okay or not, that's the thing that we don't want to happen coz if the friend said that your not approve, then of course she will believe from what her friends said. I have a lot of tricks when it comes to that situation, of course there is no book or article that will guide through a lot, experience still the best answer! Just explore the world and you can make it. Figure out why things happen badly when you commit mistakes or it went in negative way. Then try it again, and viola, you will learn from your mistakes..

I like what you said zacky, yeah i guess to that's a good idea. Try at least to talk to the girl that your not comfortable hanging around with her

friends. And in that case, there will be no ease of pain for you to hang out to this girl after to tell it to her. But of course, it's really up to you,

all things and decisions are really up to you. If your intention is good, i guess there's no way to get scared that might her friends influence the

girl you like. Everything will be fine as they said as long as you believe on your self.
natilovesmike
well, I'm not sure how old you are....but here is my experience...

I think friends do matter...specially if you are in your teens or early 20's. My first boyfriend stopped being friends with his own friends because they didn;t like me or because he was spending too much time with me....but I remember that when that happened I thought it was the worse thing he could have done...and that I wouldn't have done the same for him.

No, as a grown women...I am married...and my husband...well...its not that he dislikes my friends...but they are not really his type...but he is polite when he needs to be and I have learned that sometimes you can't mix the two worlds too much.

So, yeah...friends matter...
Da Rossa
Quote:

This is an unpleasant situation. After all I don't like my girl's friends fooling around her either, specially when I'm trying to hit on her. The fact is, you can't get rid of them, so you must turn them into your allies. Yes, what they think of you do matter. If you give them a bad impression, then game over for you. They must be turned into a channel of positive propaganda of you.

If one of her friends is female, then pretend to be going after that friend. This will mess up with her mind. I'll call the girl you want 'the target' and her friend "the friend'. Do the following:

Be very nice and kind to that friend, specially if the friend is not as pretty as the target. For example, if you're going to anywhere you three sit around a table, force the situation for the target stay next to you and her not-so-pretty friend in front of you. Talk to the friend directly, pretending, for some moments, that the target doesn't even exist. If the target ever interrupts or makes a comment about the subject you're happily talking to the friend, disagree on spot. It's in the edge of mistreat, but not too rough.

This will have the target start thinking: why is he so more interested in my friend? There is where you should aim at her for the 'kill'.
airh3ad
if you love her, the friends don't matter. If your not comfortable the girl hanging around better to quit, you will not enjoy for sure.
Da Rossa
airh3ad wrote:
if you love her, the friends don't matter. If your not comfortable the girl hanging around better to quit, you will not enjoy for sure.

True, but he'll never have the opportunity to express or exercise this love if there are obstacles ahead. That's why it's wiser to deal with her friends instead of fighting them.