FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death?

kattymeowmeow
What do you think about death? Do you think you just die and see, feel, touch, taste and smell nothing for the rest of your life? I would totally fear that... Shocked Cats.... Shocked Yay for random interjections! So anyway... posta heara.
avenger
well......death is somethin we all are confused about.......but the trust.....who knows?.............we might just be floating throug a tunnel filled woth rainbow colours as suggested by many scientists .....but how can that be true??.....if the body decomposes the brain does to ....what is our mind after all ...its our brain..........?...............this situation is what people 'bought back frm the dead; tells............if its not the mind then what is it?...........soul?..........the question remains....... till our death!
Jack_Hammer
Do you think you just die and see, feel, touch, taste and smell nothing for the rest of your life

Lets see, when your dead you wouldn't feel anything for the rest of your life?, well you wouldn't have a life so thats not really scary. Though personally I think when you di you die.
Jeslyn
Quote:
I would totally fear that

As would I.
I'd rather there be something, even hell, than nothing at all.
SkullPizza
the funny thing about it is that you would fear that but if it was actually true and happened to you it wouldn't matter to you one way or the other.
Code of Ruin
I am not so sure I'd rather end up in hell than that there is nothing, when there is nothing there is no suffering. But then again that also would mean there is no heaven. Personally I don't believe in either and I don't really care too.
Mr Smith
Pfft... Smithy never dies!

Not that I know of anyway, I have to be honest - I felt like my time had come one day, so I walked over to the nearest smithy church, which turned out to be a go kart track (duh) and had a few laps on a nice kart (6.5hp now... woa)...

I never actually died, I think.
yisou
i am now only 22 years old and i do not think that
HoboPelican
When you die, you will feel your awareness of the outside world shrinking. Gradually, you will become less and less aware of your surroundings. When, at last, all sense of sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste have left you, you will still have a sense for your body. You will still KNOW your hand is there. You will be able to sense that you are moving your arms. You will experience no pain or sensation, but will still feel whole.

This is when the light will appear. Faint at first, then brigther and brighter,as if you were falling into the sun. It doesn't get larger, but you will know that you are getting smaller.

Then, in one blinding instant, you will become your own singularity and from your Ediical, your mind/body, a new universe will be formed and you will be lord and master of this universe.

Yes, this is truth! And if you give me 10% of your FRIH$, I can teach you how to start building your future universe today! Join Now!
Sebaci
When you're alive you're afraid of death, but the death is... pleasant. Believe me, and don't be afraid of death. Death is something better than birth Wink
[FuN]goku
meh.... maybe there is reincarnation.....
sponguy
Well, it is kinda scary when you dwell on it, but then so is going home to visit family for the holidays. It all comes down to your attitude and how much time you spend considering these things. My own personal beliefs are kinda scary, but really, I just try to live my life as it lasts and enjoy it as best I can. What may come will come and I do my best not to let my death, or visiting family interfere with the enjoyment I may take from now, because remember, no one likes being scared!
Mark999111
Death is an event, Im not really too clear on my opinion of an afterlife or not, meh
Shiva
I think death is a part of life...

What happens after you die!?? no one know for sure!! So why think so much about it??

I think that death is a part of life we all must accept!
if you are to worried about death, you forget to live! if you love to live, you will be affraid of death!!
If you hate your life, you miss death!! If you think much about death, you forget to live!!

so i think we have to live our life, WITH death in our mind, as a part of our live. If we won't accept death, we cant live... Wink

Am I clear!? or is it black talk!?
sibbahz
Im not that bothered at the monent, would prefer it really if there was nothing after death, at least then theres no suffering or hanging around earth without a body
Josso
Maybe a greater truth of reality? who knows.
dz9c
There is nothing to fear but fear itself? lol ya just had to say that while we were talking about hell and being scared
kam311
I believe that when u are dead, u are just that...dead, u're not concious of anything...guess it's like sleeping but u'r not dreaming...u essentially don't exist anymore...Although as a deelpy religious person, I do believe in a future resurrection.
CWFwrestling
Hmm... perhaps the question of questions there. I'm not a deeply religious person but I do believe in the concept of a soul. So maybe if you've earned it through a good life, you will be taken to heaven/valhalla/Sha-Ka-Ree/whatever. If not, you will be reincarnated on earth to try, try again. Unfortunatly, this is a question we can't answer.
oneightwo
I'm actually agnostic, so i don't realy believe anything about life after death. I do believe, though, that people can't actually know what happens after death, and they can only know of the physical world, so anyone who says that one religion is correct, and says they have proof, is wrong. sorry if that doesn't make sense, this might explain it better (wikipedia):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic
Elochai
"Death is nothing to us, for when we are death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."

That's Epiricus, I think.

My beliefs are somewhat along the same lines. I've, through various philisophical searches, decided with fair certainty that Nothingness cannot exist, ergo I am in a constant state of existence. Perhaps I will simple 'awake' when I die and continue on another life-- it is still within the realm of mystery.
bercha
Death is what people fear the most.
Everyone, every culture have different thoughts about it.
me, im a Christian and i believe that after death, my soul will go to heaven. For the 'bad' people, their soul might be going to hell.

i think death is painful because suddenly you couldn't breath. after that you can't see the one you love, you can't hear anything... i guess, if u died, your soul will come out from your body but u could still see the people around you. and then, you will get lighter and lighter and then went up to heaven....
thiamshui
Death is mandatory for all... indeed, life is precious.. we should learn to cherish our life and those around us, and make the best out of everyday.. well, noone knows about afterlife (cos noone lives to tell it..)..

there are stories where people died and came back to life though, some say there is a blinding flash of light, some say about infinite fire in hell, some say is a dark place..

well, i guess the question about afterlife isn't important.. we will know about it when time arrives.. we should however, live each day to the fullest, and enjoy what life has to offer.. all of us have only one life, let's make it a happy one.. forget about bearing grudges, fighting, war and things that make us unhappy.. enjoy your life in this exuberant world Very Happy
Yazz
The only reason to fear death is if you haven't lived your life up to it's expectations.

I have no goals or aspirations in my life, so if I were to die 10 minutes from now, it wouldn't mean much to me. No regrets, no unfinished business. I think death is just the end of life. No afterlife. People claim seeing a bright light when they're ressucitated from a near death experience, but it doesn't really prove much. I mean, I think multiple personality disorder has more mystery than seeing a bright light when you've most likely suffered some severe psychological trauma (since you ended up in a near-death experience somehow).
secretdreams
No one wants anyone or anything to die but its one of those things that we have to life through and let is past , but our memories will fade someday
dz9c
As long as I die quick and painless, its all good. "Youthanasia" has been brought up in here surprisingly...
essentialmedia
kattymeowmeow wrote:
What do you think about death? Do you think you just die and see, feel, touch, taste and smell nothing for the rest of your life? I would totally fear that... Shocked Cats.... Shocked Yay for random interjections! So anyway... posta heara.

Yes as sad as it sounds you will see, hear, feel, smell, taste and touch nothing for all eternity. The body is biology, when the electrical system that runs the body stops (brain) everything after that is black. BUT HEY!! Think about this, when you DIE you will NEVER know it, so don't be afraid of death. You brain will not process that you are dead, well because you will be dead.

Do something great with your life, make a legacy, let you memory and your name live on.
Yazz
The human brain can't comprehend the idea behind "nothingness".

When it's said that when you die, everything goes black, it's just a visualization for something impossible to understand. You can't think about not thinking. It's like trying to look at the cheese you're chewing....

Yeah, ignore that last bit. Anyways, the end of life is just death. Death isn't like a dream or like a coma or like anything relateable. It's simply no more existance. It's empy, a vaccum, you can't even think about darkness, cause you can't think in the first place. It's not like being trapped in a dark hole for eternity, cause you'd be aware of that. You arent aware of anything when you're dead.

It's a really hard concept to make people understand...
Dj_honorio
Yeh, death is really hard to describe and understand.. tho i agree we shall not fear it. Death is as natural as life, it's just the oposite part of life.. what we are all going to meat in the end of our lifes.. no exceptions. And i think death can't be that bad.. no worries, no problems, no illness.. no happy moments, no love, no friendship.. just nothing..
Life is tiring, and we, young people with less than 50 years old, lol, we haven't just seen that yet.. cause we have lived too little.. that's why i think most teenagers are scared of death.. but as we get old i think we start to accepting it.. i dunno.. anywayz.. dead is the end.. nothing else after it.. and death is also the only thing that we can be sure we are going to meet in our lives.. and i think even knowing i am just 17.. i am ready to meet her whenever she comes.. we shall all be..
HoboPelican
Yazz wrote:
You arent aware of anything when you're dead.

It's a really hard concept to make people understand...

I don't think folks have a hard time understanding it, Yazz, I think they have a hard time believing it. Everyone has beliefs that help them through life. Not a bad thing.

I just think it's funny (sad?) when people feel the need to force their beliefs on others. I think disucussing them is great, but most beliefs invlolve an element of faith and faith doesn't lend itself to scientific proof very well. So, if you believe it's the total end, cool. If you think there is a heaven with 40 virgins waitng on you, ok. A heaven where you are no longer married and no pets allowed, alright. More power to you. But all positions are a matter of faith until we actually die and know for sure...
selim06
i don't worry about my death...even i want or i don't want it will come and i will death...and i mean it must be so hard...
drkarthi
Well i dont believe in reincarnation or in other similar things like ghosts or in any divine intervention. After we die everything will stop for us. Our body is like a machine and it completely stops working. When there is no body, then no mind and thats it the end. Every molecule in our body will get recycled by nature and who knows what they will become in the future?
Kashinilaya
If you really want an interesting view about what happens to us after death, I suggest the book "Jorney of Souls", from Dr. Michael Newton, an american psychiatrist. You'll be surprised with his scientific studies.
HoboPelican
Kashinilaya wrote:
If you really want an interesting view about what happens to us after death, I suggest the book "Jorney of Souls", from Dr. Michael Newton, an american psychiatrist. You'll be surprised with his scientific studies.

I doubt if many people are going to rush out and read that book without a little teaser Smile Can you give a synopsis of the book and what his studies consist of?
mrbofh
Those people who have a PC, don't ask your self "what is like to be dead?"
Life is just one, waste it on your PC!! Twisted Evil
exarkun
Maybe we should promise one another to come back and tell the others what happen after you are dead. ~Kinda spooky~
Dj_honorio
exarkun wrote:
Maybe we should promise one another to come back and tell the others what happen after you are dead. ~Kinda spooky~

lool, keep dreaming dude.. seriously i wonder why people don't come back to life.. i can only see 2 explanations..

a) There's just heaven, and that must be real good cause people stay there for the whole eternity..as they never come back.. also hell can't exist, otherwise i think at least one or 2 people would manage to run away, or, the devil would get tired to have all those people living with him..

b)(the one right in my opinion..lol..) There's nothing after life.. you die.. you'r dead.. you'r history.. Nothing Else..
Soulfire
Quite obviously nobody can really tell us, as people who die well... aren't alive. It is my personal choice and beliefs that after I die, I am judged, and go to Heaven or Hell. But what happens after life is... a very unknown.
Scimus
In my opinion, we are all in a test.....a hell...we should call it. We dont have gods, devils, and angels, to watch us and trouble us. each one of us has to make choices to reach the end. We are blessed with the power to believe....to percieve the odds of an incident.....but when it comes to death....it can be explained by debating teh existence of god himself.
To my perception....god appears as a mere word. A word coined by man in his brittle mind. The word allowed teh existence of an external source...supernatural ,and almighty.....that is our imagination.
Death, is a liberation, provided it isnt suicidal.
Theres an example.....say you're sitting in an examination....with 3 hours to go....but you want out cos you don't know the answers.....yuo give up the paper....and leave....and quite obviously you havent succeeded.

If you wait, and thnk long enough....and bang...an answer hits you....and the next thing you know...you're on a roll, and bang....before you know it....you've done it. And you walk out proud....
So after all, if you see death as a liberation.....and life as a test....it seems obvious....that a wait is worht it ain't it?....
mantasx
OK, this is one of these things that you will probably never get to tell to living ones.

IF you think scientificly, you would say something like this. Your brain stops fuctioning, you see nothing, you have no thoughts, it's like thinking about what was before the whole universe, before any planets, before anything happened.... (well that's not really scientific)

Then you might also believe in a thiery that you will leave your body and stay as a soul, (ghost). Walk throught the mountains, and walls, and never intersect with the living.

Yah you could also think that you will reborn in a new life, not remembering anything. Maybe even reborn in animal form.

So if you are Christian, you would die, and go to heaven or hell. And yah, if you are half bad you would stay in this place until god could tell you where your going.

I have a friend who works in emergemcy hospital place. She says that all the people who were about to die, and they got them back, the go through this dark tunel. So that makes me thing deeper... Confused
Scimus
The arguments made about death, are not comforting. The very concept of god is where the fault lies.
In Indian HINDU practises, we worship animals to be sacred. when we visit a temple, many say that, you are not supposed to show your behind to the idol of god. Many again say, you shouldn't turn away east. Most idols are placed facing east, as a tribute to answering the day's sunrise.
You are not supposed to accept the food of god ( prasad - as it is called), unless you've prayed.
When I was taken to temples....I only felt a sense of imprisonment, and wondered that if a god existed...who was omnipresent....would he require a place of worship....and a specific idol....and a specific direction, to be worshipped in. Hence, i looked for things in other religions...and then found....most of war that man wages today was because of religion.
The Al Qaeda supports its brains with Jehad, which means a holy war....which probably is interpreted as a war in which your sins are forgiven.
Finally to answer my thoughts, i turned anti-religion, and partly atheist..I started to redefine god and in the process death and other stuff.....and you are right....it is a scientific approach.
I tried to find a logical equation for all the supernatural crap we blindly assume, and said that Death is the reason we live. We live...only to die..so there's no point fretting aout death. Quite a few people who have heard this, agree, that this way of thinking, redifnes the necessity to fear death.....We needn't fear death......it is only an entity for our benefit, which saves us in our last hope of pain relilef.

I say cheers to this forum, and everybody discussin here....cos the very fact proves that we don't fear death, and discuss it boldly.
Kashinilaya
HoboPelican wrote:
Kashinilaya wrote:

I doubt if many people are going to rush out and read that book without a little teaser Smile Can you give a synopsis of the book and what his studies consist of?

Sorry it took so long for an answer. I'm not really checking post replies frequently enough.
Dr. Newton's book shows what happens after someone dies: if there is life after life, where do the soul goes, what will the soul do next, etc. His studies are based on a huge number of clients who, under hypnosis, declared very consistently their experience in the spiritual world. That means that his many clients gave about the same report on what happens after death.
I don't have the book myself to give you the real book's synopsis. I borrowed from my sister and returned to her after I read it. But I believe you can find more information in the internet (a google search under the author's name will surelly bring some results). In case you don't find anything, let me know and I'll check with my sister for other details (publisher, e-mail, sites, etc.).
Be well.
Lord Klorel
I am also afraid of death, because we never know what is beyond death.
Some people who experienced a near death, they say that you see a black tunnel with on the end very white light.

When the time is there that i must die, then i wish that die in my sleep so that i don't have to suffer great pain.

I saw recently a friend of mine fighting against death and that fight was to hard to see. Later that day he lost the battle. At the end he sufferd not too much.

If there excist something after death is not known, everyone may believe what they want.
mgumn
a tunnel of light is likely a neurological response to oxygendepravation of the sensory neurons
pexivee
Tunnel of light would be fine by me, whatever the reason!
zjosie729
Everyone wonders about death, I'm no different. Only those that died can tell you what it actually is, but they've no way to tell you. I think God made it that way.

Speaking of death, do you believe in Ghosts? On a channel on my tv it often talks about real ghost sightings etcetera, so I'm beginner to change my mind about it and I'm kinda scared.
daijoubu
after death, before the beginning of the universe, beyond the event horizon... these are things that we know nothing about, our minds ever so confused... That is when our minds try to create the most favorable idea, that an event actually takes place! be it heaven/hell, reincarnation, suffering, satisfaction. Because we think that ourselves as a thinking entity, that we are very special. But the universe doesnt care about your power of thinking. But still we carry on. Even if it means that our future is dark doesnt mean that we must think the same. Our FINITE lifetime is worth much much more than an eternity of emptiness.

If the theory about multiple dimensions is true, we may experience different possibilities, even whole universes after death... but i dont believe in this either..

Face it, we so attached to this world that even time doesnt matter. The event is YOU, you are that event!
arniingi
Well conciousness and life is vibration and energy and energy can not be destroyed,it can only change form, I think human race is the first step in consiouss evolution of the soul, and there are other planes of existance to evolve on after this one.
It is said that you die every night when you go to sleep,you loose consciousness for some time then dream a little,but when you die
you wont come back to consciousness as you do after sleep.
alexxa
from http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist whose latest book, Light and Death, includes a detailed medical and scientific analysis of an amazing near-death experience of a woman named Pam Reynolds. She underwent a rare operation to remove a giant basilar artery aneurysm in her brain that threatened her life. The size and location of the aneurysm, however, precluded its safe removal using the standard neuro-surgical techniques. She was referred to a doctor who had pioneered a daring surgical procedure known as hypothermic cardiac arrest. It allowed Pam's aneurysm to be excised with a reasonable chance of success. This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death. After removing the aneurysm, she was restored to life. During the time that Pam was in standstill, she experienced a NDE. Her remarkably detailed veridical out-of-body observations during her surgery were later verified to be very accurate. This case is considered to be one of the strongest cases of veridical evidence in NDE research because of her ability to describe the unique surgical instruments and procedures used and her ability to describe in detail these events while she was clinically and brain dead.
songsalways
Elochai wrote:
"Death is nothing to us, for when we are death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."

That's Epiricus, I think.

My beliefs are somewhat along the same lines. I've, through various philisophical searches, decided with fair certainty that Nothingness cannot exist, ergo I am in a constant state of existence. Perhaps I will simple 'awake' when I die and continue on another life-- it is still within the realm of mystery.

Thats good. But as it is said about nothingness, well it should exist in death. You sceintifically exist. The body .. .. ashes to ashes.
But regarding the aesthetic dimension, you certainly diminish in the air. Your soul, your existence, your vibe .. .. is gone. Practically we cant find you anymore : and that means you are no more a reality.

Thats it. Death. it is what it is, nothing but the truth.
zlang
avenger wrote:
well......death is somethin we all are confused about.......but the trust.....who knows?.............we might just be floating throug a tunnel filled woth rainbow colours as suggested by many scientists .....but how can that be true??.....if the body decomposes the brain does to ....what is our mind after all ...its our brain..........?...............this situation is what people 'bought back frm the dead; tells............if its not the mind then what is it?...........soul?..........the question remains....... till our death!

anyway we must face the truth
serhat_7tepe
i dont afraid of death. it is a inevitable end for people so i think that we must always be ready for our deaths..
OutlawSpirit
death... it is what it is......

it could be nothing, it could be a heaven... but one thing i know is it is "PEACE"

if there's a heaven, it has to be peaceful id hope

if there is nothing, no touch... just darkness... not knowing anything...

your are in a more peaceful place than here on earth

Cool
schnitzi
I had hip arthroscopy back in April, which required general anesthesia. On the operating table, I remember them telling me (as they turned on the drip), "You're going to start to feel a little strange now." I replied, "You mean, stranger than lying here naked on this table surrounded by all these lights and people?" And I remember nothing after that.

Coming to after the surgery, I felt a little like, "How did I get here?", because there was no connection to my previous stream of conciousness, before the surgery.

Death is just another loss of conciousness, only without the waking up afterwards. So I don't fear it.
reddishblue
[quote="Jeslyn"]
Quote:
I would totally fear that

yeah etenal blackness after all this is terrerfing Sad
mephisto73
Look, did you suffer before you were born? What is your first memory?

You are born, you live and you die. What is after death is essentially the same as before you were born. Nothing. The universe cease to exist.

The thing we fear is personal extinction and it is very natural, it is in our genes. But I never understod why people invented various life after death scenarios. What about life before birth? Why would there be one but not the other?
ItsWesley
Personally I think when you die, you die. Your brain stops functioning and its as if you are sleeping forever without any dreams.
Teezgaff
Obviously it's the way you die that causes most concern.. suffering more than anything....

I have seen many die and I must say that whatever they see in the final few seconds must be good as they always smile at the end...

Or this may be just cos the suffering has ended..

Hopefully it all good. Whatever your religion or view I think we all go to the same place... No heaven or hell.
redace
If you die, you will definitily not been able do feel or smell anything.
mdhruba
Just before death it could be painful, but after death I don't think its any more. I wish I could meet some one who is having experience.
vashish87
What about people brought back from the dead - people who were clinically dead for a short period (ie no heart activity, no power supply to brain), such as for operations, for instance, and then brought back. Why didn't their "mind" leave the brain.