FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Over-Abundance of Topic Locking.

Marston
I dunno if it's just me, but it seems that every topic and it's grandfather is being locked these days. It's pretty annoying considering mostly, there's no reason to be locking so many topics. I mean, some mods are locking topics just to "prevent spam". I dunno what this means, because I think we should be able to express how we feel about a particular thing (Like, for instance, the "Changing Timezones" topic in the Web Hosting Support forum)... Obviously, some topics should be locked, like ones with excessive flaming, spamming (advertising), or just plain stupid topics. Ones with legit questions though, should be left open, though...

As I'm writing this, I realise that it'll probably get locked too Razz.
mathiaus
I rather obviously disagree with you. Lots of topics are closed but there are still many more new open posts than there are closed. Support topics which have answered such as the time zone post should be closed as there is no need for them to remain open and theres always someone who wants to post 'Are u sure?' as if we just made up the simplest answer from nowhere. Thats spam.

Besides, any topic which a member strongly feels should remain open or wants to contribute to can PM a mod to request that it be opened. Just have a good reason as they are usually closed for good reason.

Closed to reduce spam means that the topic was most likely going in the wrong direction, either deviating from the topic subject or being reduced to answers like 'yes' or other short answers. These topic mainly ask for an opion and usually start off as spam, 'Do you agree with this? -link-' answer: 'yes'/'no'.

Just to prove you wrong, I won't be closing this topic Dancing
Marston
Mr. Green Ok, you can lock this topic now. I understand that I'm wrong.
mOrpheuS
Marston wrote:
I dunno if it's just me, but it seems that every topic and it's grandfather is being locked these days. It's pretty annoying considering mostly, there's no reason to be locking so many topics. I mean, some mods are locking topics just to "prevent spam". I dunno what this means, because I think we should be able to express how we feel about a particular thing (Like, for instance, the "Changing Timezones" topic in the Web Hosting Support forum)... Obviously, some topics should be locked, like ones with excessive flaming, spamming (advertising), or just plain stupid topics. Ones with legit questions though, should be left open, though...

As I'm writing this, I realise that it'll probably get locked too Razz.

I just locked 4 topics in the general chat section.
A resolved support thread, a forum game, a query about request handling time and a duplicate thread.

I can understand why you are annoyed, but at the same time I hope you understand the reason we have to do this.
It might be getting overdone sometimes, and those are the times when you can PM any staff member to get a topic re-opened ! Wink

Also I agree, legitimate topics should be left open for discussion.

p.s. - this topic shall not be closed even though you're asking for it Twisted Evil
n0obie4life
Rolling Eyes.

-close-
Bondings
Marston, if you want a thread in the support section to be reopened just pm me or another moderator. We try to close all threads if they are or seem to be solved.