FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who likes to cook?

SusieSmacktard
Who else here likes to cook? I have several cookbooks. I'm following a low-carb diet and get creative in the kitchen to keep from being bored. I also have all kinds of kitchen gadgets. I have a food dehydrator and make homemade beef jerky.
LinktheMaster
I cook when something needs to be cooked. I don't actually cook for fun or anything, though I will sometimes add in something to make stuff taste a bit better. I've actually managed to make some stuff, like hamburger helper taste a lot better than the normal package. Smile
kadessa
I luv cooking!! but I have no time, so I just cook when I need to eat. Something easy. But it's cool, I like to try new things, and new tastes. I specially like to cook japanese food, and of course spanish food! (I'm from spain) but I like all foods! I wan't to learn how to cook indian food heh. I can explain you how to do a delicious Paella... hmm Cool
mateuszjp
I like to cook, but I prefer to eat!!!!
Keshav
I dont know much of cooking! But I would really appreciate the own who cooks for me!! Laughing Laughing
Code of Ruin
I love to cook. I especially like indonesian and italian dishes. They are the most fun to make.
Tvanag
I love to cook especially for my girlfriend...
But mostly I like to eat Rolling Eyes
jabapyth
I love to cook. It is a great way to relax and release creative energy. Also, you get to eat after. Very Happy
Michael B
I like cooking, and am very good at it, in my own opinion a lest. Realy nice things like Christmass Cake, Chease Cakes, Tarts and so on. Even got chosen to make my neice's Baptism cake, don't know how many teen aged boys do that.

But haveing said that, I don't cook that often. Every one in my family is good cook, and my sisters are a lot keener at it than me. So they do most of the cooking, mum gets to go a few weeks at a time with out doing dinner.
Mr Smith
Just wondering... does cooking my own finger count?

If so... I was grinding at a new shopping trolley which I was wrecking so I could use the main cage part for a go-kart design. I had the grinder cutting a bit of metal for nearly two minuites straight, the metal gets so hot it looks like oil. I finnished the cut and leaned on where I had just grinded and got up. Noticing what I had done... I felt pretty stupid, it sure hurt, but I definately learnt that you should let the women do the grinding around here, as they always seem to burn themselves while cooking - at least my aunt does =/

I smell fish...
bercha
i like cooking but i don't like to cook... haha... confusing huh?
i mean i like cooking whenever i want but i just don't want to cook everyday like for dinner and lunch.
i guess i am just too lazy ><"... and my sister always does it all so no place for me!

I've joined the cooking club in school but is retarded. They never really teach you cook, we'll just have to following the instruction on the paper. the most annoying thing is the teacher always comes up to us and said "YOUR ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS!!". Hell, I mean, we did follow it, is just that she didn't see it Evil or Very Mad
Traveller
bercha wrote:
They never really teach you cook, we'll just have to following the instruction on the paper.Evil or Very Mad

When first learning how to cook, the best thng to do is to follow the instructions, but being sure to pay attention to what is being done. If someone just follows the instructions without remembering what they mean, as well as how, why, and how long they are done, then the ONLY things one will be able to cook are things with instructions. Once someone learns the instructions and how to apply them, one may apply them to new creations that are not already written down on paper.

The easiest things to do are entrees and side dishes. One may start experimenting "outside the lines" after learning just a few basics. Baking, on the other hand, is chemistry, and changing ingredients or instructions without knowing, beforehand, the potential effects of those changes, can ruin the entire effort. A case in point: my grandfather (a shipboard, Navy cook in WWII who had never done much baking) once decided to bake a cake. when he saw the recipe, however, he thought the amount of sugar in it was WAY too much for his diet, so he cut it in half. Of course, he wound up with a Frisbee instead of a cake!
Traveller
Love to cook and, were I married, would NOT expect my wife to do all the cooking.
Some of my favourites are:
  • Candy: Creamy Caramels,
  • Chinese: General Tso's Chicken,
  • Cookies: Snickerdoodles,
  • Cuban: Lechón Asado
  • Dessert: White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie,
  • German: Sauerbraten,
  • Greek: Gyros,
  • Honduran: Pastelitos (chicken or beef meat pies),
  • Hungarian: Chicken Paprikas,
  • Indian: Chicken Vindaloo,
  • Italian: Tuscan Summer Pasta,
  • Jamaican: Jerk Chicken,
  • Korean: Beef Bulgogi,
  • Mexican: Turkey Mole,
  • Moroccan: Kefta Tagine (lamb meatball stew),
  • Polish: Pierogies,
  • Russian: Beef Stroganoff,
  • Thai: Chicken Pad Thai
Tex_Arcana
I can't do low carb. I'm too active to not have my carbs. I ride a bike 20 miles a day and that's just what I do for fun.

I've been coooking most of my life and I think I got it down pretty good now. I do know that cooking is something I would rather do for fun rather then have to do it as a job. Any way, I'm one of those cooks that looks in a fridge and see's what I can throw together and my wife always want's me to write down the recipe. I keep telling her I can't write something down if I never measure or even plan out the meal.

One time I did plan out the meal though. I was reading a manga (Japanese comic book) called Addicted to Curry. It's what they call a gourmet manga that has recipes in it. Well I started having a craving for curry. Only problem is the wife does not like anything too spicey. However Reading the manga I discovered that there is mild curry made in Thailand that uses coconut milk so I decided to give that a try.

This time my wife absolutely insisted that I had to write down the recipe. Still it's kinda the same old problem though because basicly I just picked up a can of this and a handful of that at the store to make it so my recipe is actually a guideline of how to make it. It's pretty easy to do. I didn't have to go to any special stores to get the ingrediants and I began to see the possiblities in different way to make it. Keeping all that in mind here is my first ever original recipe for .....

Tex's Addicted To Curry

1 lbs. of pork stew meat (should work with beef, lamb, seafood, chicken etc.)
2 bell peppers cut in strips(I used a yellow and a green one for color red also works)
1 medium yellow onion cut lenght wise into strips(I used one of the sweet varieties)
1 small can shitaki mushrooms, drained (reg. mushrooms, straw mushrooms, baby portabellos, fresh mushrooms or no mushrooms at all are okay)
1 small can of pineapple chunks in own juice (I'm thinking mango would be killer)
3 Tblspns. of butter
A note on veggies: I picked vegetables that looked good at the store there is some flexablity here to suit your tastes. I used two zucini squashes, a hand full of bean sprouts and a hand full of snow peas. I could have gone with potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, or what ever. The only thing to remember is the denser the vegetable the sooner you have to put it in the pan so it cooks completely, i.e. heavy root vegies go in first, and leafy greens go in last.
1 can of coconut milk (use the thai kind which is thick and creamy it will liquidfy when heated)
1 package of curry roux (I used the mild green kind because of my wife, but if you like it spicy then go for it. The kind I used came in a solid chunk that was broken up and spread out in the pot)

Marinade (optional) Since I was using pork stew meat instead of more easily identified tender cuts like pork loin I used a mainade to make sure the meat would be tender and to add flavor. You can use anything like soy sauce or terriyaki sauce or cooking wine or sake. I used a about a half cup of cocnut flavored rum with a few tspns of Kikoman roasted garlic teriyaki. Tender cuts of meat and most seafoods don't really need a mainade.

In a large fry pan or wok (I used a wok) place butter on medium heat. When melted and wok is hot add meat. when the meat has started browning on the outside add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onion becomes semi-transparent and bell pepper brightens in color (meat should be a bit more done as well so make sure you keep stirring the ingrediants around so they all get even heat). When the ingrediants in your wok (or large fry pan) get to that stage then add your veggies by type with heavy veggies first giving them more time to cook and leafy vegies last as the ones before have had time to cook (I added zucinni first then snow peas and then bean sprouts). After the last of the veggies are added add mushrooms then add pineapple with the juice (again use pineapple packed in own juice not syrup), Then add coconut milk stiring it in until contents og pan are well coated and coconut milk is liquidfied. Add Curry and stir until melted into the mixture and coating everything. Keep stiring allowing everything to cook fully and meld flavors. When done remove from heat and serve over steamed rice.
ozzycow
I've only recently found the joy of cooking. I was stuying in another state, away from my mummy (the best cook in the world!) Razz I stayed with my sister so she forced to learn cooking. Was kinda pissed at her at first, but now I'm thankful.

When my friends ask whether or not I can cook, I can say yes now. I can say that I can cook other than eggs, rice and instant noodles. Heh.

I usually browse the net to find recipes or I'll go to nearest book store and pick up a recipe book or two.
HoboPelican
Cooking is great! I love it. I love to eat and the cook gets to eat while cooking! Chop some carrots, munch a few. Adding wine to the pan, have a sip. I really like being able to spice the food the way I like it.

Someone mentioned that, as a beginner, you can play around with cooking but not baking. Very true. l make substitutions in cooking all the time, but when it comes to baking, I follow instructions to the letter. Or consult my wife, she is the baker around here.

For me, learning to cook started with a gift of a wok and a good knife. Most of the work was preparation using a knife, which was fun and then the cooking part went so fast you didn't have time to get bored! From there, I just started looking for new things to try.
benji2
i prefer to be cooked for since i am a terrible cook. i will try things but probably fail in the end.

Kitchen Disaster King Wink
indeedwrestling
I have a hard time really enjoying cooking. I think I enjoy doing activities with people so I will cook if I'm with my fiance but I don't really get a lot of out it if I'm alone. I boiled Perogies lately. That was a big accomplishment.
12eaper
i hate it!
Man standing in the kitchen and making stuff.

Hooray!! for the magentron. of FASTFOOD! Very Happy
definenormal
I love cooking! Especially deserts because they are so simple to make but so yummy! Very Happy
Traveller
indeedwrestling wrote:
I have a hard time really enjoying cooking. I think I enjoy doing activities with people so I will cook if I'm with my fiance but I don't really get a lot of out it if I'm alone. I boiled Perogies lately. That was a big accomplishment.

I like making the pierogies, not just boiling pre-made ones. YUM!
livilou
Traveller wrote:
Love to cook and, were I married, would NOT expect my wife to do all the cooking.
Some of my favourites are:
  • Candy: Creamy Caramels,
  • Chinese: General Tso's Chicken,
  • Cookies: Snickerdoodles,
  • Cuban: Lechón Asado
  • Dessert: White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie,
  • German: Sauerbraten,
  • Greek: Gyros,
  • Honduran: Pastelitos (chicken or beef meat pies),
  • Hungarian: Chicken Paprikas,
  • Indian: Chicken Vindaloo,
  • Italian: Tuscan Summer Pasta,
  • Jamaican: Jerk Chicken,
  • Korean: Beef Bulgogi,
  • Mexican: Turkey Mole,
  • Moroccan: Kefta Tagine (lamb meatball stew),
  • Polish: Pierogies,
  • Russian: Beef Stroganoff,
  • Thai: Chicken Pad Thai

Want to share recipes? I have some great southern ones. I'm always looking for new things to try. And in case you haven't figured it out, I love to cook. Which is a good thing too. With 2 growing boys, there is no way we can afford to eat at restaurants all the time.

I love to take a recipe and change it to make it mine, which I've done a time or two. Try different spices in something and see if I can do it just a little better. It's a great way for me to relax. I also do different crafts and read to relax. The happy homemaker, that's me. lol
Traveller
livilou wrote:
Want to share recipes? I have some great southern ones. I'm always looking for new things to try.

I plan on doing just that with my Frihost when it is approved: an International Recipe Box.

In the mean time, I'd be happy to send recipes to you in PM if there are any that particularly strike your fancy at the moment.
Tex_Arcana
Traveller wrote:
livilou wrote:
Want to share recipes? I have some great southern ones. I'm always looking for new things to try.

I plan on doing just that with my Frihost when it is approved: an International Recipe Box.

In the mean time, I'd be happy to send recipes to you in PM if there are any that particularly strike your fancy at the moment.

I was going to have a recipe section on my site once I got approved also. Still don't see why we can't swap recipes here or start a recipe thread. In the mean time here is one of my favs. Mochi is a Japanese sweet that has a lot of variations. I usually have to go to an asian super market though to score the mochiko and katakuriko.

Peanut Butter Mochi

3 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 (16 ounce) box mochiko (sweet rice flour)
Katakuriko (potato starch), for dusting

Filling
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey

To make filling, combine peanut butter and honey; refrigerate until firm, a few hours or overnight.

Bring water to a boil; add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add mochiko a little at a time, stirring constantly. Continue stirring over medium heat until lumps are dissolved.

Place dough on a surface dusted with katakuriko. Allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle with more katakuriko and knead a few times until smooth. Form into a log.

Pinch off a 1 1/2-inch piece of dough and flatten into a circle. Place a teaspoon of filling in the center. Fold edges around filling and pinch to seal.

Makes about 2 dozen mochi.

Variations: For ichigo mochi, coat strawberries in koshi-an (sweet bean paste), then wrap in mochi dough. Add red food coloring to the boiling water if desired to turn the dough pink. For chocolate-peanut butter mochi, substitute chocolate sauce for the honey in the filling, or wrap a chocolate Kiss in the filling.
HDirtwater
I love to cook but don't really have time to do it. I usually make a large meal around once a week or so, but the rest of the time it's either take out, mac and cheese, or something my sweetie makes for me.
livilou
Traveller wrote:
livilou wrote:

I'll try anything, my husband and kids are the ones that I have to cook around. Very Happy I made this great Beef/Cabbage Soup the other day and can't get anyone here to try it. These people are weird. Very Happy

I'll get with you on the recipes though. I'm always looking for new ones. PM me when you get your site up. I'd love to look through it.

That goes for you also, Tex_Arcana.
windrei
me, especially Chinese and Asian cuisine. i can cook good. Actually i just like the process of cooking. Sometimes, i don't eat them. i just leave for my family.
yuki
dun really like cos i hate washing...... Confused
Traveller
yuki wrote:

Hmmm...dirty snow? Laughing
HoboPelican
yuki wrote:

In my house the rule is "The cook don't clean".
It is always the option of the person cooking if they want to clean up or not. Division of labor and all that. Very Happy

I usually clean up after myself in the kitchen, but it is nice knowing I don't have to.
Scorpio
I actually like to cook, but well, though i am an average cooker(cook, i mean) Laughing I guess i have to learn a lot in order to cook more effectively
HoboPelican
scorpio wrote:
I actually like to cook, but well, though i am an average cooker(cook, i mean) Laughing I guess i have to learn a lot in order to cook more effectively

Scorpio, What sort of stuff do you cook now? Do you work from recipes, "fly by the seat of your pants" or something in between?
filet
i luv cooking asian food.
one site that featured great asian food is 101cookbook blog. you guys should check it out.very nice
webek
My cousine love cook. Expecially strogonoff.
mying
i love cooking so much. if can cook for someone i love, wow that's so nice. i'm interest in cooking but i don like to be a cook.
Traveller
mying wrote:
i'm interest in cooking but i don like to be a cook.

Good point. Cooking professionally is a LOT of work! One time, between computer jobs, I cooked at a Wolfgang Puck Cafe for a little over a year, and (at the same time) a catering place for about six months. It was an interesting experience, but I now know that I would prefer doing it for myself instead of around a bunch of others. Even so, that doesn't mean I might not try my hand at selling things that I make on my own. In fact, I am considering doing just that as means of a little more support. Some of my candies, cookies, and deserts would probably do pretty well here as a kind of cottage industry on the side.
ifmr
hi everyone
Im very curious about cooking and kitchen ends up looking like an post armageddon area whenever i make something.can anyone suggest some simple recipes for a beginner or a good site about indian cooking?
ciao
joshdifabio
Since i have been at university (about 8 months) i have had to cook for myself (although my flatmate usually cooks) and i think it really isn't as hard as it looks. Before i came to uni i didn't really ever do any cooking and i always thought it would be difficult to do, but it really isn't and i find it quite satisfying when i cook a decent tasting meal Smile.
shwetanshu
i love to eat.. but wen its time to cook (although i dont know much) i feel tired Laughing
quartnee
I haven't done any full meals on my own, but I've helped my mom and sister with side dishes. They are amazing cooks. Mostly I do the desserts. I'm more of a baker than a cook, but when I'm older I might consider enrolling into a culinary school, like for a hobby.
filet
i guess to avoid a post armegaddon kitchen area-you have to make meals accordingly, first i start with rice, then i take out all the necessary ingredients.cut/chop or do whatever necessary. then i arrange the ingredients according to what meal i want to cook.

a simple dish by far that i've done-fried rice-its easy to change the ingredients to suit your taste bud.either spicy,mild or whichever you prefer.
TeenZine
I love to cook mabe some time i will give u my recipee for homemade chicken soup that is to die for it is so good.
mengshi200
haha,you are very humor!
mateuszjp wrote:
I like to cook, but I prefer to eat!!!!
fuzzkaizer
has there happened anything according to the 'International Recipe Box' one mentioned here before? is it already installed? i'd be curious for that.
Radar
I would like to cook, but I don't.

The thought is there that it's a useful skill to have, but the short-term rewards seem minimal.

Yes, this is all obvious and expected.
zimmer
i like to cook but its very time consuming.. usually weekends i cook.. I dont like too much oil, too much fats if i cook.
bluepig83
I love cooking - or at least the concept of combining different ingredients to complement each other in order to create something that is more than just the sum of the individual parts. I like how it's somewhat like a science, but also like an art.

I like a good sauce, but I think dishes are also great when it uses fresh ingredients and is prepared in a way that brings out the natural flavors.

The downside is that things are usually time consuming, especially the preparation. And since I've been working, when I cook for myself, I just usually make something really simple - rice, some meat seasoned simply with salt and black pepper, and some stir-fried or blanched or roasted vegetables.
bluepig83
At some point, I'd also like to try cooking with lard. I've had Chinese food here in the States and from Taiwan, and it seems like no matter what, there's always something missing in the dishes here in the States. I found out a few years ago that it's probably b/c we don't really cook with pig fat here in the States.

I hear that you can get a piece of fat from the butcher and let it melt in a pan on very very low heat. I've yet to try that myself, but I'm looking forward to the day I can. Mmmmmm. Laarrrrrrrdddd.
nickfyoung
I usually do all the cooking because my wife prefers not to and I don't mind. I enjoy doing stuff for her and cooking is something else I can do. Even though she is from the Philippines and many Filipinos like to cook she has often had a maid over there and hasn't had to cook for herself.
So when we got married and she moved to Australia I had to learn how to cook Filipino style for her. I have learned what she likes and how she likes it, mostly chicken, and so I cook it that way and will often cook something different for me.
While I don't mind the chicken and rice type meals now and then she likes them all the time and I like a change.
fuzzkaizer
I know that rule! We had that as flat-sharing students. For me that surely was sometimes a stimulation to start to cook something...
Tuvitor
I can't say I like to cook... but everyone loves my cooking.

Well, I love to cook actually, but I hate to do dishes afterward. :p
donoob88
i don't have a talent to cook, my mother always cook for us until she suffered a stroke, she can't stand up, so for now, i'm cooking if my brother or sister won't cook. It is nice I think that I have a few knowledge at cooking now x)
iyepes
I like to cook, but I also "have to cook" since I live on my own.

When I enjoy it the most is inviting my relatives to come, it's better cooking for a group than just me myself.
setfirework
I do some cooking. I mainly do a lot with waffles... waffle sandwitches, chicken and gravy over waffles, waffle noodle bowl, believe it or not, as long as you can make it so they don't leak or spill everywhere, waffles are a fantastic multi-tool for cooking.
lucascoelho
Well, I can say I WOULD love to cook, but I really never give it a try...

In a family situation not worth mentioning, I don't feel comfortable going to the kitchen and trying anything, and I'm generally really into trying, experimenting! I mean, on other subjects, I'm all about this, like on programming, studying, arts and so on. But here I can say I get really frozen (meaning stuck, or whatever expression fits the situation)...

It's probably just a "mental excuse", but I really don't know how to change it. Confused

Anyways, on rare occasions I do something, at least help, when I'm at someone's place. But I'd definitely like to do much more than that!
nepalstar
Sometime I like to cook but I never cooked even I didn't try it. Actually I don't like to cook, I feel that's really hard and difficult job but I once I wanna try to cook meal for whole family...!
ShannonHBC
I hate to cook actually and I'm terrible at it. I don't like food anyway so no wonder though Very Happy
samanyolu07
I love to cook especially for my girlfriend...
But mostly I like to eat
quatre044
i dont cook but i would like to learn Laughing
rogue_skydragon
I love cooking, but lately I've been in a kind of slump...I'm cooking basic things over and over, and I think I need to diversify my recipes. Spanish rice with spinach and kielbasa...every night....gets pretty old -_-
TheGremlyn
I like to cook. I want to get better at it and experiment more. I glance at a few recipes and I try to make some new meal on the weekend. Sadly my meat thermometer stopped working recently so I have no idea what the internal temperature of my meat is! That was kind of important when I was making a roast at my parents when my mom just said "so you're making dinner tonight..."
limpands
I love to cook, i'm not very good at it though. But it is really funny! Smile
sysna
I like to cook too, but i don't know very much about it and i get bored soon when the procedure of cooking somethings takes so much time.
proba123
I dont like to cook.
jajarvin
I cook every day. Today my menu was the following one:
Chicken, vegetables, salad.
Deline
I love cooking! I'm always looking for some recipe to make, specially for dinner!
onebadpenny
Me, too, I love to cook! Except for those strange days when I don't even want to look at the kitchen. My favorite way to cook is outside on a grill. I love good barbecue, which mine isn't always, but mostly Smile I cook out there all year round. No, not every day, but I don't wait for sunny summer days to decide it's time to fire up the grill.. Hickory smoked ribs taste just as good when it's snowing out. Maybe even better Very Happy
deanhills
I go through stages on a hit and miss basis. Sometimes I hit a good moment. Particularly over the weekends when I have more time, or during relaxed moments after work. I find how relaxed I am have a great impact on the quality of my cooking.
limpands
I like to cook, even though i'm not the best chef. I know how to cook basic food though; like Pancakes haha.
daisuki
I like to cook when I don't have a million other things to do, but usually i am so busy that it is the last thing i want to do.. I have 3 part time jobs and am a full time uni student... ugh! I am looking forward to having more free time one day to enjoy cooking more, but currently my system is to make a huge batch, eat it for a few days and then freeze some for the next couple weeks too... this way i get good quality nutritious food but don't have to cook every night. It works for me!
geo_ps
or when you want to have Smile
geo_ps
or when you want to have Smile
mshafiq
i like to cook but i donot want to make old tradition receip.i always try to make some thing new with my own receip.some time my receip works a lot and it has great taste and i love my own imagenatory receip.i can not cook most of the time because of time limitation but when ever i cook i try to cook some thing new.
mshafiq
i love to eat good food but i do not have time to cook
mshafiq
usually i do not cook.i o not have time to cook.I enjoy cook food.
Deline
I love cooking. Even when I dont have the time, I always try to do something different. Oh, and I love eating too Razz
Insanity
Cooking is such a great way to learn about how to make cheaper meals than simply going out. Plus, you learn so much more about the food that you are putting into your mouth. You know what is good for you and what's bad for you. If you see something that says put a cup of oil or something into your food, then you realize exactly how bad for you that food is. It's great for realizing what goes into each food and how to start eating healthier. Plus, it's just nice to be able to do something that you can use to take care of yourself with.
LxGoodies
OK sounds good ! you cook, I'll clear the dishes Razz
gluzy
I like cooking too but i take too much time, espacialy when you're not that good. But i love look cooking's show because, i think, it's a real art ! Smile
deanhills
I never used to like cooking. Used to live mostly on packaged meals or cafeteria food. Then at some point realized cooking doesn't have to be such a big deal and in the end is much more worthwhile taste wise and filling me up. Can even be enjoyable at times, and has become a ritual and part of a routine that is pleasant. Most of the time I freeze some of what I've cooked. I usually have a plan in the back of my head for the evening meal. Which could be a frozen meal from my collection - with quite a large collection to choose from. Tonight I'm planning to cook some chicken that may result in six helpings for the freezer. Not sure how it is going to turn out as I never work with recipes. I got mushrooms, carrots, leeks, parsley, celery, frozen vegetables and vegetable broth. Plenty of garlic and ginger. And fresh chicken thighs. Time will tell. Razz
manlal6
I LIKE COOKING VERY MUCH.
IN COOKING MENU PAV BHAJI IS AT TOP BECAUSE ITS MY FAVOURITE. Cool
mshafiq
I like to cook simple and plain dishes like omellete, rice with chicken sauce etc. Although I want to try making a pizza. Any comments?
PITKES1
I dont love it very much because it cost so much time Very Happy but if i need something to eat i can prepare some easy meals, i also help my mother sometimes with cooking
CreativeVeganCooking
Cooking is one of my absolute favorite hobbies. In fact, I have long dreamed of making my own cookbook but started a food blog instead – Creative Vegan Cooking (www.creativevegancooking.blogspot.com). You are welcome to visit. I prefer to cook without a recipe and just make my own. It all started some years ago when my mom was away a few weeks. She had always been hesitant about letting me experiment in the kitchen. But when she was away, I had to cook for the family and the craze began! Hahaha. Well, now she has persuaded me to at least CONSULT a cookbook when I cook, as some of the disasters I made could have been prevented ... wise mother! So the final line is that I really like to cook, and cook, and again cook! And if you didn't figure it out from the title of my blog, I like to cook DELICIOUS (healthy) vegan food. Below is a recipe I made not long ago – I hope you try it!

Vegan Ranch Dressing
Yields: about 3 c.

Ingredients:
2 c. cooked macaroni (1 c. uncooked) or cooked soybeans
1 1/2 c. coconut milk
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes, optional
2 tsp. salt
1 to 2 tsp. lemon juice
dash cayenne, optional
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or chives

Instructions:
1. Blend everything except parsley or chives in blender till smooth. Pulse in parsley or chives.
2. Serve cold.
tonberry
Despite the fact that I like to cook a lot, I don't do it too often because there's always something more pressing than a pressure cooker (hihi). I would say I have a gift to make very good meals when I first try to make them, but would not be the best cook anyway since I like to mix stuff people don't find good together, so maybe my radar is a bit off Wink

However, there is one thing that I absolutely love in cooking. The moment I start to work on the meal, my brain starts to burn some extra fuel and the coordination-organisation of everything becomes such a joy to construct. The keeping up of the balance between saving as much time as possible without sacrificing end product is insanely fun for me. Strange thing that it kicks in when I cook, because I would really use its help in other areas of my life. Unfortunately, it remains dead then and leaves me out in the cold. Oh the sweet irony!
LxGoodies
I recently started to cook (a little) for myself

Moved to a new appartment, with a better kitchen.. and no easy pizzeria to be found near ! Very Happy