FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your graphics card?

lex
*point to topic*

i using nvidia geforce 6600gt
Helios
Showoff...
S3nd K3ys
Here's mine...

Note it's got dual processors too! (The two white knobs) Very Happy

And here's my modem....

Shocked

Dyruzen
Well I currently have a nVidia GeForce FX 5200, and I find it satisfactory for my gaming needs. I'll probably upgrade to a better graphics card in the future.

Also LOL to the above poster's post.
Maka
9800xt, getting a x800xt soon. Dancing
silentpark
ati mobility raedeon 9700...
well i have a notebook..
lex
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Here's mine...

Note it's got dual processors too! (The two white knobs) Very Happy

And here's my modem....

Shocked

haha , that is funny 2 knob = dual core 20 knobs = 20 cores?
frozenhead
lolz.. nice.. I got a NVIDIA GeForce 4 MMX SE 64MB and im stuck to it.. **sad Sad
Thug
Nvidia Ti4200.... Sad 128 mb, im gonna upgrade soon 2 a - asus v9999 gamers edition ( tuned 6800 card ) Cool
James Bond-007
I use a ATI Radeon 9200. It works great and it is all i really need.
Boles Roor
Right now I have a crappy nVidia 4 MX 480 128MB card. With my new 'puter that I'll be buying end of September I'll have an Asus Extreme AX850 256Mb PCI Express Very Happy
baseballbrad3
i have an nVidia FX5200 Plus, it sucks. it is a PCI card cuz i dont have an AGP or PCI Express slot Evil or Very Mad (damn eMachines) but i want to get a new PC with an ATI X800XL (Best card for under $300) and an Athlon 64 3200+
WickedGravity
Saddest part is I know I have an ATI something, but I have no idea what it is.

It has a TV Tuner, a nice little refresh rate and the whole nine yards, call it state of the art as of a year ago.

I really should be more mindful of the software that I use to get the job done shouldn't I?
poggendroff
hey i hav a savage4 pro card with 32mb ram and say what,,as soon as i bought it, the damned s3graphics guys stopped suipport for it. even when downloading drivers from chinese sites,,its the slowest ever,,doesnt support any games. it gets so hot,,it burns coz it doesnt hav cooling fan.

STRONG RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO BUY ANY GRAPHICS CARD FROM SAVAGE4,,coz u never know..

GE force is the best card conmmpliant with maximunm games
cavalkaf
I got a NVidia GeForce 6600 256 MB, PCI-Express. Runs basically everything I throw at it with max settings Wink
Aunder
i have GeForce 6600GT PCI-Expres the best one evaluated in the market quality and price
Silent Soul X
i've got a ATI Radeon 9200 128mb, but i'm getting a Radeon X700LE 256mb PCI-Express Smile
guitarizt
I have a geforce3 ti300 and a geforce4 mx420 (about the same).
psycho207
I own all you.. Dual 7800gtx's in SLI
prithvi
Presently I am using a 256MB GeForce FX 5700LE

ok according to my current requirements.
sunjay
i've got a Trident Blade 3d 8mb card. it's the slooowest ever. plus it's intergrated and my motherborad doesn't have a AGP slot. damn!

Wish list, ATI x800 or something with a Gigabyte Motherboard and AMD processor. Smile
scompany
GeForce 4 MMX 440! The worst!!! I relly must by new!!!
caaltt
I recently got the Radeon 9800 Pro....I WAS planning on getting 6600GT from nVidia but it looked like my machine had a compatability issue with Geforce chipsets!!

So....I settled for the 9800, which IS a good card but....it runs TOO hot for my comp.
I can barely play a simple 3D game before the computer restartes. Even with the case off AND a short standing fan blowing hell hard on to the board it would restart. It takes a little longer mind you but....doesn't help.

Any suggestions??? Rolling Eyes
snoppy
I have a MSI - ATI Radeon 9500 (128 mb and 128 bit).
It works great. The potential of overclock is very very well.
Actually, it is a ATI 9600 Smile
nilsmo
I use a GeForce 2 MX 200. It works fine.
dule
ATI Radeon 9200SE 200/166 @ 270/223.

It sux Confused
Nirotu
I use a Gigabyte 6600GT OCed @ 500/1000.
jvachez
I have a GeForce 3 Ti 200 64mb in my desktop a Radeon 9000 Mobility 64mb in my notebook.
prithvi
caaltt wrote:
I recently got the Radeon 9800 Pro....I WAS planning on getting 6600GT from nVidia but it looked like my machine had a compatability issue with Geforce chipsets!!

So....I settled for the 9800, which IS a good card but....it runs TOO hot for my comp.
I can barely play a simple 3D game before the computer restartes. Even with the case off AND a short standing fan blowing hell hard on to the board it would restart. It takes a little longer mind you but....doesn't help.

Any suggestions??? Rolling Eyes

Does your motherboard have AGP 8x support?
If not, I think you should get your motherboard upgraded.

Sometimes, when the graphics card is latest and the motherboard is an old one, it does have a problem trying to match up to the card's speed.
This is often indicated by games crashing within minutes or system restarting when you're using some high-end 3D software.
win66
Geforce2 MX 200....
psycosquirrel
I have an NVIDIA 5700LE that thinks it is an NVIDIA Quatro FX1100. The drivers are much more efficient for the Quatro, and the GPU is essentially the same... My processor is a Pentium 4 @3.2 gHz (originally 2.1). My case is a custom case that I am adding a window to and added several ventilation fans to cool my overclocking. My case came originally as a micro ATX case, so the PSU mount was vertically mounted over my processor, so I de-cased my PSU and hard-mounted it on the roof of the case so it would allow more airflow to the processor. I probably will invest in watercooling soon, as my computer sounds like an airplane taking off.
yenikadikoy
I m graphics card S3 Trio 64 Twisted Evil
albert
Mine is so old......
Random SE 9200...... Embarassed
caaltt
prithvi wrote:
Quote:
Does your motherboard have AGP 8x support?
If not, I think you should get your motherboard upgraded.

Sometimes, when the graphics card is latest and the motherboard is an old one, it does have a problem trying to match up to the card's speed.
This is often indicated by games crashing within minutes or system restarting when you're using some high-end 3D software.

Thanks for the reply prithvi...but my comp is a fairly new machine. Built it only about 4 months now, so....I've got everything necessary for a decent performance. The board is 8x supported, but the thing is that I had a 5200 fx prior to the 9800 pro, and it never worked properly on my comp. So...I'm wonderig if there is a problem with the AGP on the board. I think it's highly unlikely but...I'm running out of ideas. I did use an aged PCI VGA while I was waiting for the Radeon and it worked fine. Better than the 5200fx.

My last case resort will be to buy a second motherboard to test with.

Anyway....if you have any more suggestions I'll be glad to hear them.

Thanks again.
vnt87
I'm still using the old Radeon 9600XT which I purchased for $99. That was a decent price at the time (1.5 years ago)
centercore
9200vivo 256meg using both dvi and vga outputs Very Happy
Pavcio
My graphic card is MSI GeForce Fx 5200 TDR 128 MB and I havemany problems with it for example with Gta:VC and GTA:SA
delman
I have an ATI 9600 non pro All in Wonder card. It may not be the fastest card out there but the features (cable tv in, RCA composite in/out, S video in/out 4 display capability 2tvs, 2 moniters, and video capture.) that the card really out weigh the speed plus I have been able to bearly overclock it to pro speeds it was really hot though. I had ramsinks on it ab 80mm case fan blowing on the card with the stock black heat sink. I did not leave it there though because after several days it started generating errors and once I took it back down to stock speeds and it went away.
orno
video card? whats that? Razz
my laptop just has 32MB of shared Video RAM... still manage to run UT2003 on it though!
Ashley
I have Geforce 5200 FX , i got this becuase it is a cheap card and is very powerfull, its a good card for its price. You can play anything you want, they all work including all games.
impronto
9800 pro
Blackout Angel
I have a ATI Readon 9200se atlantis 256mb

***ATI RULE!!!*** Very Happy
programmer
I'm using nVidia PixelView GeForce FX 5700 with 256 DDR on-board.
neekhu
At work I have an ATI Radeon 9200.

At home I use S3Trio64V+ - with 1M of memory

What can I say, I'm an old fashion guy... Razz
Limitgfx
I just reciently upgraded from my older graphics card whitch was an ATI Radeon 9600se 128mb and it is not a gaming card.. or so ive been told.. So i went out and bought an ATI Radeon 9550 256mb card... And it works fine for me.. i get around 50-60 FPS in counterstrike source.
boringest
ATI Radeon 7500 - yup, i know it's old but hey it still plays Quake III/dota
csbarracks
athlon64/x2 4800+ (overclcokt)
ashok
Intel 815E motherboard. built in card.. Laughing
Deji
GForce FX GO or something 2600? cant remember the number its 64meg and ive never had any problem with it (playes Lineage 2, Wolfenstein: ET, Warcraft 3 etc.)

its on a laptop so not exactly a major gaming set up.
Limitgfx
csbarracks wrote:
athlon64/x2 4800+ (overclcokt)

Thats not a graphics card... thats a CPU lol
Hikaru
X850 XT on Crossfire. That's right, two X850 XTs. Everything 1600x1200 6xAA/16xAF. Can't get much better than this. Did I mention a brand new NEC MultiSync 20.1" LCD? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
megamass
i have geforce mx2 64mb . peace of crap now , but three years ago it was wonderful . now i have problems which most of all new games .
Astrolopitecos
at my pc i have an fx5600 xt 256mbs
and in my notebook ati mobility raedeon 9800 128mbs
Yahell
Not been into much of gaming lately.
I have a 9800 pro 128 mebs 256 bit from powercolor
Completed DoomIII and HL2 on it.
EtherealDesert
I have a dreadful SIS integrated card - and oooooh boy, if you see it - run as fast as you can (the other way). It's terrible and not in any way enough to do even Halflife 1. Sigh (it seems to be mostly on laptops).
Donutey
9600 XT ATI @ 580/640... nearly 100mhz over stock 20% increase... sweet... plays HL2 well... its all good... and most importantly it was cheap... Cool Wink [/code]
Zythrix
Gainward FX 5600.. 128MB AGP.. semi-low-end. Does what I need it to tho.
jmeirinhos
well i've got this sucky on-board gfx, that is making me some troubles but whatever. I've got other two computers one with one gfx 5200 which is a pretty cool gfx. Laughing

The other pc got's an onboard too lol Confused
budazz
yo guys have a flying graphix card....i only have my old nvidia 64mb geforce... Very Happy
Helios
Just bought a MegaSpeed 9600 Pro 258mB 128 mb AGP x8 for 88$ lmao.

Nice card.
Cragger
Helios wrote:

Nice card.

256Mb 128Mb?

You mean 256bit?

Wink
Omego2K@
radeon 9800 pro 128MB

I dont see a reason (now) to get a better card, unless you do graphic design or movie editing.I get all the benefits of DX9, smooth play with 6x anti aliasing, I expect this card to be good for the next year or year in a half. The reason people buy more expensive cards, it's not cause their faster, cause a $200 card will handle the weight of the current games and such, it's because people do not want to spend money upgrading in less than 3 years time. From experience I found that a video card will last with smooth play and full graphics for about 3 years. Besides if your proccessor is not fast enough, that 500 dollar card you buy gives little to no improvement. So I suggest instead of getting the biggest and best video card, get a better proccessor and evem more ram. The only thing that will always improve software performance, no matter what software you use, even if you're using a damn command line OS, is ram. So recap of what should be upgraded first:

1. CPU (and mobo if need be)
2. RAM
3. Video Card/HD (depending on your current Hard drive, i.e. if you now have a 5400 RPM HD, then upgrade to a faster HD first)
4. Sound Card.
Mandrake
I've got an ASUS Radeon9600XT/TD. Performs very well for the price. I recommend using the latest omega drivers to get the most performance out of your graphic cards. => http://www.omegadrivers.net/
Neus
GeForce Go 256mb 6800 Ultra Smile

mmmm so awesome... plays half life 2 like a charm Wink gotta love the decent graphics you can get in that game.. insane....
vdc1368
i have a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB but im getting the ATI All-In-Wonder package Razz
kalsitana
nvidia geforce mx400 64 mb
ES-usls
Mine is a 128MB GeForce4.. i think its a bit outdated since games nowadays demeand more power.. i guess it high time for me to change cards.. any suggestions i plan to make the jump frm Nvidia to ATI..
GiLaD
I've got NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT Ultra, and it works just fine for me and my games.
Helios
Cragger wrote:
Helios wrote:

Nice card.

256Mb 128Mb?

You mean 256bit?

Wink

No! Mad

there are no 9600 series that work with 256 megabit.

I said that i have 256 mega Byte(B) and 128 mega bit(b).

When you say Byte you write a capital B and when you say bit you write a regualr b.

damn.. Evil or Very Mad
Defsanguje
snowboardalliance
Diamond Viper Radeon x600PRO 256MB
RavenCross
My video card is a 256 MB GeCube Radeon 9550.. ts really great its too bad that my RAM is low.. (384MB) Very Happy .. I have made the jump from nvidia to ATI.. ATI is very good. and i have no complaints regarding their customer support.

I'm a hardcore gamer and this vid card really answers my needs.. I guess the next thing that i should invest is a pair of 512MB of RAM
Ivanov
I am still using GeForce MX 440, 64MB, 64bit.
I dont need better, cause I dont play games. I use my computer only for work, i-net and movies. That`s all.
uNsaiN
I have a 128MB XFX GeForce 6800 Regular. It plays most everything at high, if not the highest settings at pretty good framerates. Still think I should've gone with GT or Ultra, but oh well.
mitja
I have one of the very first ATI Radeon Vivo with 64 mb of ram... When i've bought it was called just Radeon vivo... now it's recognized by Win Xp as "Radeon 7200 series"...
JA1meerssen
i use a ati radeon X300 256mb and i'm pretty happy about it... it's a nice vidoecard to play games on it
aladino
I use a ATI Radeon 9550 128MB DDR / 128 BITs , i made overcloacking.

I play Quake III, Unreal tournament 99, and Pro Evolution Soccer in 1280 x 1024 resolutions. Wink
gh0stface
I have a pretty old graphics card. A nice Visiontek Geforce3 Ti500 with 64MB. I'm still pretty happy with it though as I rarely play any video games anymore and the video games that I do play aren't exactly graphic heavy. Such as Gunbound, Counter-Strike and Warcraft 3.
Omego2K@
gh0stface wrote:
I have a pretty old graphics card. A nice Visiontek Geforce3 Ti500 with 64MB. I'm still pretty happy with it though as I rarely play any video games anymore and the video games that I do play aren't exactly graphic heavy. Such as Gunbound, Counter-Strike and Warcraft 3.

if you got a 128MB card then you could keep it around for a couple of more years. Now it would be wise to upgrade at the beginning of next year
gh0stface
Omego2K@ wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

if you got a 128MB card then you could keep it around for a couple of more years. Now it would be wise to upgrade at the beginning of next year

Well, considering I really don't play any graphic intensive games, there really isn't any point in upgrading my video card at the moment. All I really do on my computer is surf the internet, check my email, watch movies, listen to music, and type up documents of sorts. So I am still content with what I have. Eventually, I might upgrade it. But if I do, I'm going to build a whole new system.
budazz
psycho207 wrote:
I own all you.. Dual 7800gtx's in SLI

flying computer hehe Laughing
Jeff_vella_leone
nice guys i have a asus ati radeon 9600 se its good for its age but for nowadays games it suks
im going to buy a nvidia geforce 6800 ultra its the best grafic card leaving out the 7 series Very Happy
aravind_n20
Currently I have a GF MX 440 64 MB. But soon ill save a new system with a 6600GT or a 6800LE.
the_furious1
My graphic card is Gygabyte Radeon X800 XL and I am very pleased with it. I have never had a better graphic card before. Half-Life 2 on 1280 X 1024, anti-aliasing 4x, and all highest graphics didn't go below 60 fps, and that is very good if ask me!
This card has my recommendation!
Dark-Tech
Yea

ive got a 64mb DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 With TVout

its an ok video car though the s-video out pisses me off with theity resolution that you get when you go to a tv thought thats probly just caus i got an old tv and not a high definition tv.
billgertz
mine is just a built-in Sis 630. its slow and an actually looking for somebody who have a PCI Video card for sale.. Its frustrating that my motherboard doesnt have an AGP slot.. If you are going to check the market today, PCI vieo cards are actually more expensive than the AGP.. so if anybody has a spare PCI video cards there, kindly send it to me.. Very Happy
gaspar
My graphic card is geforce 5570 PCI EXPRESS 128 mb's

LOL

IT'S A "BOMB"
Natrualkiller
i got an nvidia 6800 gt and i love it im an X ati freak now that i got it
kazoe
using nvidia as well, forgot the specs tho, just dont ask, too lazy to check :p
snowboardalliance
Diamond Radeon x600 PRO 256MB PCI-ex16
venkateshwarans
Only a 8mb onboard graphics on a via motherboard. Sad Sad . Still I can play some quake or ut. Cool
gamo
silentpark wrote:
ati mobility raedeon 9700...
well i have a notebook..

I need help with my ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Graphics Card, its driving me insane. I can't barely play a game with 64 mb recomended, when I get in the game, i play for about 10 seconds or so, and then it freezes and says error: ATI DISPLAY DRIVER HAS STOPPED RESPONDING, then it goes into a 640x480 4bit color mode and makes me reboot, it does this every time i play a game!!
EN-Archives
i have 256 MB RADEON 9600 card.. it kinda suits my needs as a gamer and designer
kuad
NVIDIA GeForce MX 440 SE.

Yeah kinda old, but I don't play that many games anymore. Once I get round to playing Half-life 2 I suppose I'll upgrade
king007
i have a asus 6800gt 128mb ddr3
kimia
I have a raedon 7000 with 86 mb of ram.
is it good?
microsoftenator
Diamon Viper V770 16Mb
ie. Riva TNT 2 with 16 Mb or RAM
I may upgrade soon, its a bit slow Smile
ronitvohra
EN-Archives wrote:
i have 256 MB RADEON 9600 card.. it kinda suits my needs as a gamer and designer

I have the same............one
dxhunter
I have Ati 9800 SE 256Mb.
Boles Roor
I've got an Asus 7800 GTX EN. Quite nice Smile
Kitsune
I have a Radeon 9200 and it works fine..
viper34
dont luagh but i have a super old video card
Geforce 2 ..
i know i know i should buy a new one but a really dont care about
my pc even if my pc get broken i wont get it fix cuz i just dont care ..
samh
ATI mobility Radeon 9700 (128 MB)
smksa.prefects
I am using the NVidia GeForce 6600 256 MB

I usually play Counter Strike.....its a waste of money buying graphic cards...coz my fren dont have one and still can play CS...":"?
guaxa
Sis 6326 8Mb AGP

Embarassed

one **** Very Happy

i want a better. but

missing money Rolling Eyes
damelloman
I use a recently bought X800 XL by 3D Connect. I spent $269 on it from monarch computer. In every review i've seen in magizines and online, it's the best bang for the buck. It doesn't exactly keep up with the $400 dollar cards, but it plays Doom3, Farcry, HL2, all on high settings and 60ish fps. Yeah gamo? Sounds like your video card might be overheating and shuting itself off or something. There are TONS of cool tools and utilities for ATI cards on the internet. http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ has a tool called atitool. You can overclock, tweak tons of memory settings, and see what the temp on your card is... if supported. I recommend tring it. It's just an EXE so you don't have to install it or anything. peace out-
mathew
i gots a 32mb that eats into my 256mb of ram so i only get 224mb
pll
I have an old (2 years) ATI Radeon RV100 64mb ...
I cannot really play with good graphics game Confused ...
ankhezar
fx5200 its pretty lod so if you would ask me what card will i buy if win some prize money, id say radeon x1600
Maalcari
Hi there,

I own a ATI Radeon 9200SE 128Mb. Enough for me Smile
bananaphone
Gigabyte Raedon 9550 256MB
seanooi
i'm using a GeForce 7800 GTX PCI-E, 256-bit memory interface. Goes quite well with the rest of my parts, hehe......
MeleceNi
ATi Mobility Raedon 9600 128M
ignition
I just recently bought a Chaintech Geforce 6600GT, works flawlessly for all but the most recent games Smile (like FEAR)
willem2809
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro...
decimi
Club 3D Radeon 9600SE
booms
Maalcari wrote:
Hi there,

I own a ATI Radeon 9200SE 128Mb. Enough for me Smile

the same here and havnt probs with it !!! ))
thiamshui
Lucky guys.. I'm working on my old computer now.. Graphics card is nVidia Aladdin TNT2.. Memory is 16mb.. =( Really terrible.. Got a really antique computer.. Hoping to get a new one soon.. Laptop is down.. a.c. adapter spoilt.. Sighs..