FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Programs for web sites

CijaBabaBombuNosi
Can somebody tell me which programs should I use and where to download it! I need program for making web sites and for sending them to the web! Thanks
k_s_baskar
i can't understand actually what u are looking for.. if u wish to build a html based static website then u can use templates in frontpage. if u need some unique source code you can get it from

http://www.123webmaster.com

you can get free flash webtemplates here

http://www.5sec.com
elekis
nvu is good.

http://www.nvu.com/
Sebaci
WYSIWYG editors are weak. Better learn HTML (it's very easy) then download some good html editor (for example polish program - Zajączek or very good Pajączek, but I don't know if thre's polish version of this programs)
elekis
but nvu is great for one thing he make w3c code and has a very powerful Cssinterface.
dz9c
Ive been using mostly WYSIWYG editors in my life, I have hardly ever coded...Should I really start learning to code? It seems extremely difficult to make websites without a WYSIWYG editors. Plus Im a web designer for the most part so do I need to learn to code at all anyway?
AhmedSalmanJamal
dz9c wrote:
Ive been using mostly WYSIWYG editors in my life, I have hardly ever coded...Should I really start learning to code? It seems extremely difficult to make websites without a WYSIWYG editors. Plus Im a web designer for the most part so do I need to learn to code at all anyway?

It is best if you learn to code... that way you will find that your skills in web designing have hit the sky... trust me learning always pays off Very Happy
AhmedSalmanJamal
CijaBabaBombuNosi wrote:
Can somebody tell me which programs should I use and where to download it! I need program for making web sites and for sending them to the web! Thanks

I think the best would be to use DreamWeaver. It is the best because you can code, design upload file, etc... I definitely recommend that Smile
Ranfaroth
DreamWeaver output is so dirty compared to NVU's one...
dz9c
Thanks for that advice. I have used NVU once but I wasnt into leanring to code by hand so yea guess I will reinstall. Everyone says its the best here so guess I should give a shot at coding for once.
Talk2Tom11
if you are doing basic web design then i would suggest that you use Frontpage... However if you want to do stuff a little more intense then i would suggest that you use Dreamweaver. If you are looking to do actual programming that involve Databases and what not... I would suggest getting a really good text editor... preferable NotePad++ and write everything in PHP.
Shirish
i would suggest rather than going for programs for buliding websites,
better use Fantastico with PHP hosts

Install a Mambo site and make alterations , add pages , sections , news, blogs, rss content and lots more

u can change template at your own will

It provides cool customisation features
bladeron
well, if your looking to build a basic website design then you can try frontpage, coz you might find dreamweaver a bit confusing initially

or you can also try out some of the content mangement systems see if you can adjust wiht them and if you have any problem, they have thier forums where you can ask for help
oneightwo
i use coffeecup HTML for my coding needs, and Adobe Photoshop for images, banners, etc. Aswell as cuteFTP for FTP (uploading to the web).

i hope that helped. And it's better to learn HTML than to use WYSIWYG editors...
Indyan
I would recomend Nvu. It is very good.
ashik
Indyan wrote:
I would recomend Nvu. It is very good.

Yeah, I agree to that. I would suggest NVU too. It has a nice easy to use user-friendly interface as far as I'm concerned.. Of course, user-friendliness might be felt differently by different users. But it is good.. And of course it is free compared to Frontpage and Dreamweaver..
Scorpio
I certainly go with dreamweaver..

Though it comes for a price it is worth it

But if you are an amateur and dont wanna bother much about it you can very well choose from one of the earlier posts
djpupeikis
I useing NVU 1.0
you can download it from here here[/url]
Shake
Try something like Arachnophilia. It's simple, but is probably the cleanest HTML editor for people who like to write from scratch (meaning not using toolbars to create HTML pages). Or, you could look at the free software topic under the HTML Editors section at http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-2524.html.
julianmollema
i'm using, Photoshop and dreamweaver.

with photoshop i create nice pictures, backgrounds, menu bars

and with dreamweaver i set it up and upload it so.

it exually works fine but when you are new to webdesign, website building you can first follow some tutorials and just do some simple work.

So i think that the best program is Dreamweaver. the only bad thing is that it is very expencive Shocked