FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Do I Install Search Engine on Mozilla?

guissmo
um... i left my pc unopened for five days and my firefox browser went whacko. all bookmarks and search engines disappeared. well, that's not important. i just want to know how to get google back.
martindecorte
guissmo wrote:
i just want to know how to get google back.

erm... open www.google.com ? Rolling Eyes
Animal
In the search-bar in the top right, click the icon and the drop-down menu should show Google amongst others. If it's not there, click "Add Engines" and re-download the Google search plugin.

Also, if you enter a search term in the address bar (eg. if you type "google search plugin firefox" where you normally put www.whatever.com) it'll search for you. Anything with "google" before it will take you to the main google search page. Anything without Google will take you to the first google search result automatically (it does an "I'm Feeling Lucky" search).
guissmo
Animal wrote:
In the search-bar in the top right, click the icon and the drop-down menu should show Google amongst others. If it's not there, click "Add Engines" and re-download the Google search plugin.

Also, if you enter a search term in the address bar (eg. if you type "google search plugin firefox" where you normally put www.whatever.com) it'll search for you. Anything with "google" before it will take you to the main google search page. Anything without Google will take you to the first google search result automatically (it does an "I'm Feeling Lucky" search).

Oh. I didn't know that before. Looks useful.

Anyway, I want it back on the top-right. I don't know where to find that plugin that'll install Google and other search engines... that's what I want to know. I'm trying to install the Wikipedia engine as well to the top right but it wont appear even if I close and open Firefox again.

I tried reinstalling it too!
abhinav_shah
re-install the google plug-in...

Abhinav