FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Game Server For Frihost?_? Lol..





waiteck
I have an idea which i think it might be impossible lol..
Hosting a Ragnarok Online Private Server (MMORPG)..
I am am sure that Frihost would not want to hsot a game server and support the idea of having private servers.
Well.. this games is really hot^^.. It can attract as many as thousands of ppl playing the game.
SNES350
waiteck wrote:
I have an idea which i think it might be impossible lol..
Hosting a Ragnarok Online Private Server (MMORPG)..
I am am sure that Frihost would not want to hsot a game server and support the idea of having private servers.
Well.. this games is really hot^^.. It can attract as many as thousands of ppl playing the game.

That would take way too much bandwidth; Frihost would not host it for long, or they would have to cut back really badly on the free web hosting.
n0obie4life
FRIHost is just doing Webhosting ATM. I doubt Bondings would want to go to game servers just yet.

And BTW, Rangorak Online Private servers are "illegal", right?
Texas Al
There are some PHP based MMORPGs out there that are free. I'm thinking of installing one (not a lot of bandwidth-- it's not like it's realtime, it processes about the same amout of DB requests as your typical BBS or CMS). Keep in touch!
frozenhead
Texas Al wrote:
There are some PHP based MMORPGs out there that are free. I'm thinking of installing one (not a lot of bandwidth-- it's not like it's realtime, it processes about the same amout of DB requests as your typical BBS or CMS). Keep in touch!


Great!.. Im a fan of text-based MMORPGs.. I was tired of 3D and 2D MMORPGs that it became boring.. (for me).. Im looking forward to it.. Im just around for support! Wink
RA
I am also a fan of text-based RPGs. I wonder how much bandwidth the larger ones use...
noliver
RA wrote:
I am also a fan of text-based RPGs. I wonder how much bandwidth the larger ones use...


The bandwith is proportional to the amount of users that you have playing. So even if you host a small MUD and you have 1000 users, you will still have a big bandwidth consumption.

Cheers,
Nick.
albastudios
if they want to host a server host a counter-strike one i will be the best guy there Very Happy
waiteck
Hmm.. GUys.. IF Ro Private Servers are illegal, there wouldn't be any left now..
Maka
Where not a game server host, that would take out to much resouces and give others a disadvantage.
waiteck
Texas Al wrote:
There are some PHP based MMORPGs out there that are free. I'm thinking of installing one (not a lot of bandwidth-- it's not like it's realtime, it processes about the same amout of DB requests as your typical BBS or CMS). Keep in touch!


Yea.. Smile I just installed a game.. http://www.logd.co.nr.. MMORPG php game.. Razz
n0obie4life
albastudios wrote:
if they want to host a server host a counter-strike one i will be the best guy there Very Happy


yeah. so if frihost is based in Europe, London and its game server is there. no one from US can play it, cause u'll have beautiful lag.
dark_paladin
If Frihost starts hosting MMORPG, other members will want to host other games, and still other members will want something else to be hosted. Nope, this is not going to happen. Although I do want to host a game server myself, I do believe it is wrong to request such thing from Frihost. Why? Because Frihost is FREE
waiteck
Erm.. if you mistaken, it is just a suggestion.. Thats why it is placed in the Suggestions Topic.
jepper
mmh hosting a CoD server myself i think its a really good idee

but not for a game like ragnarok
but maybe Battlefield 2?
or what about COD:UO

if you put the url in the server name i think it will attrack a lot of people
and those people sign-up for the hosting, use the forums and will click banners Wink
Bondings
No, sorry, we won't host a game server. Frihost is a free web hosting website and we will always focus on that.
galih
i think here are FREE WEB HOSTING..NO GAME HOSTING..
so ..why we use it for game hosting..i think its will be out from this website mission(i think the mission is=FREE WEB HOSTING NOT GAME HOSTING)..

thanks..
Related topics
I Have a question . Is it the server support Chinese?
Home Server Status Indicator
Frihost server banned by aol mail because it spams?????
Server?? Frihost??
Suggestion
How do i get an image constantly showing my game server?
Game Server Script
[RESOLVED] game server
Game Server
I need a code which detects my game server is on via my site
Game server hosting
Game Server?
Why did God create humans?
fopen in server frihost?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.