FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Local Christian Events

livilou
This is a new site I'm working on so bear with me on the content. If you have suggestions on that, please don't hesitate to comment.

I would also appreciate comments and suggestions on the design.

Thanks so much for your help.
{name here}
Link?
livilou
I guess that would help. lol

Sorry about that. www.localchristianevents.com.

Have a great day.
Traveller
Great idea, and looks relatively clean.

Suggestions:
  • Implement the "Events" page as an actual calendar-page view - clicking on an event would go straight to that event; clicking on a date would expand to show only that date.
  • When registered, approved users are in the single-date view, provide links for them to add events or to edit or delete events that they have posted.
  • Allow visitors to set their locale and give the option for the calendar to display all events or only events local to the visitor.
  • In the menus, clarify the point that "Group" means "Musical group," not just any ministry group.
  • Provide more information for people to purchase the listed CDs.
  • Oh, yes - BTW, "CD's" is the possessive form. The correct plural is "CDs."
  • You may need to clarify your "This site will never discriminate against any Christian organization, regardless of denomination" statement due to the existence of cults that claim to be Christian denominations or say they have "another Gospel of the Lord, Jesus Christ," which would clearly be against the scriptural principles by which you wish to operate.
{name here}
Sorry to not respond for a tick...
Your site has a good idea, I agree, but I suggest you use a cleaner font like Arial or Trebuchet MS and remove the border for the table showing the sponsored sites to make it even cleaner.
livilou
Traveller, you have some wonderful ideas and I wish I could implement some of them, but I don't know php and that's the only way I have found to do some of that. The other ideas, I will difinitely work on. You have given me some wonderful suggestions and it's much appreciated.

{name here}, I will do your suggestions also.

Thank you so much for your time in helping me.
Traveller
livilou wrote:
Traveller, you have some wonderful ideas and I wish I could implement some of them, but I don't know php and that's the only way I have found to do some of that.

An extensive knowledge of PHP may not be necessary. Many calendar or groupware packages already exist. I'll do a little snooping around on SourceForge and FreshMeat to see if something might be suitable for your site.