FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Literary Heroes/Heroines

brilliantbeauty
Recently, I have been visiting for the first time or revisitng some of my favorite classics and discovered I have, again, fallen in love with them and their characters.

Specifically JAne Austen, Pride and Prejudice. In was probably the original chic lit, it was the first of my Austen novels, and has therefore secured a place for Mr. Darcy in my heart forever. He provides the epitome fo a perfect man, although most boyfriends will never live up to it, it is all a matter of prospective.

SO Mr. Darcy has alays been my literary hero, even winning over Mr. Rochester, Mr. Knightley, and Heathcliff. Who is yours, male or female?
drkarthi
I have many favourite heroes notable of them are
1)Odysseus
2)All protagonists from Hitchhikers series
3)Aragorn, Legolas and Sauron from Lord of the Rings.
4)Hari Seldon(Foundation novels by Asimov)
5)Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort
Garnet
I have to agree with the lovely Mr.Darcy as a choice Very Happy

My others would include:
- #10 Ox from "Bridge of Birds" <- best book
- Ender and Bean "Ender's Game"
- Maniac Magee from the book titled after him
- I also like Hamlet, Ivanhoe
- Martin the Warrior (Redwall books)
rip8fan1
I have too many to mention them all, and some have already been mentioned, but my all-time favorite is:

Drizzt Do'Urden - from many R.A. Salvatore books
patafizicar
I remember the classification in the Russian literature; there is a specific kind of hero, called a 'desperate character.' Those characters are usually well educated, intelligent people of great sensibility. They could have taken the path of success in life, but some tragic feeling looms over them, and they waste their lives, consciously taking the path that will ruin them. It seems just like the devil entered their souls, they act out of something like spite.

One can find those heroes in writings of Lermontov (in Hero of our times), Dostoevsky (Nikolai Stavrogin in Demons, Ivan in Brothers Karamazov), to mention some.
Shike
Well, this is a very difficult question to answer. I guess I would have to say, Drizzt D'Urden from the Realms Salvatore Novels, also from the realms, Arilyn Moonblade, Jarlaxle, Artemis Entreri, and Elminster. Also Elbryn and Jilsepony Wyndon from the Demon Wars Series. Also, Hiroaki Protaganist from "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. Enoch Root and Half Cocked Jack from the Boroque Cycle (again by Stephenson). Guenwhyvar from Arthurian Mythology, and The Celtic Goddess Brigit. Also Aragorn, Frodo, Legolas, Eowyn, and Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

This is all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure more will come to me as I think.
choeirule
best of the best hero, i presume would be Ugly duckling

remember how he fought histrouble of identity when finally he realize
his true identity as a swan, beautiful elegant swan
flocking with the other swan
nevetheless, he remain polite and calm to others who mock him before