FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hellsing??

TearAlchemist001
Does anyone here like the anime Hellsing? Because I will WORSHIP you for life if you do.
TonkPilz
U will WORSHIP ME and il just hangaround to be WORSHIP'D
and yeah hellsing is 1 of the best animes out ther
eku53ru
I'm pretty caught up with the manga (I think I'm up to the most recent one released in the States, and I've read summaries of the later chapters? xD), and I've seen the entire TV series and the first OVA episode. :3

I love the music from the TV series, and I used to love the way the TV series was executed; however, after reading the manga I didn't like the plot as much as I did before. Of course, it's Konaka Chiaki we're talking about (worked on a few episodes' scripts, I think), so I guess my confusion with the vagueness of the ending was a no-brainer.

The OVAs are supposed to follow the manga more, but I think they're trying to cram too much action into a small time limit. Of course, I can't really pass much judgement on it until I see the rest of the series (which should be released soon in some interval or another). o_o

Worship isn't necessary; discussion is all I'd like. XD
TearAlchemist001
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new series came out in January, correct?
eku53ru
TearAlchemist001 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new series came out in January, correct?

According to the Hellsing Ultimate site, it was released on 10 February. =)

It was originally slated for a much earlier release date, though (I think it was at one point scheduled for November, then December, then January or something?). XD;
Jim_the_cat
for some reason I heard that Alucard is in it.
as for the anime and manga itself, I don't like the art style. its weird
eku53ru
Jim_the_cat wrote:
for some reason I heard that Alucard is in it.
as for the anime and manga itself, I don't like the art style. its weird

Yep, Alucard is in Hellsing. He's one of the most powerful "officers" fighting for the Hellsing organization. (lame explanation, but I'm out of good diction for the moment) :3

I agree - the art style took a while to get used to, especially when I made the switch from the anime to the manga for the first time. As I read on, though, I found that the inconsistency of some of the characters (drawing/design-wise) is what makes Hirano's style rather unique. XD
tential
I love hellsing but have not gotten a chance to fully watch. I need to get a hold of the full season. I love the hotty on that show(You have to admit she is hot) and of course Alucard is crazy cool. I'm diggin the show and cant wait to get a hold of it(currently watching bleach though and am lovin it)
Garnet
Ah Alucard is the greatest Boo hoo!

I think the soundtrack for the anime is perfect. The anime took some adjusting to since I started with the manga, but it has got to be one of my favourites.
I got angry with the scanlators for the manga (someone did some editing to the original script and I think that's evil since I trusted them Crying or Very sad ) so I 've only read the US releases.
TonkPilz
WHAT!!! the 1st EP of the ova is out...... damn i missd that... de downloading it in a moment... dose any 1 know any fan sub groups and ther pages that will be relesing the ovas? as torrents ?
Scaramanga
TonkPilz wrote:
WHAT!!! the 1st EP of the ova is out...... damn i missd that... de downloading it in a moment... dose any 1 know any fan sub groups and ther pages that will be relesing the ovas? as torrents ?

As someone pointed out earlier, it was released on February 10th. And the reason it's hard to find torrents of this on places like AnimeSuki, is because the show was pre-licensed by Geneon.

Personally, I liked Gonzo's animation on the original TV series better than the new Satelight/RondoRobe version, but I am looking forward to the fact that these OVAs are supposed to remain closer to the manga in story and execution (which the first one utterly failed on.)
eku53ru
Scaramanga wrote:
Personally, I liked Gonzo's animation on the original TV series better than the new Satelight/RondoRobe version, but I am looking forward to the fact that these OVAs are supposed to remain closer to the manga in story and execution (which the first one utterly failed on.)

I'd have to agree with you on that. I liked Gonzo's character designs more when they handled Hellsing; it was cleaner than the original style, and consistent (well, more consistent than some of the other studios out there) at the same time. It seems a bit odd to me to see Hirano's style emulated like that in the OVAs.

On another note, the second episode is expected to be out on 4 August. It makes me wonder how the Geneon over here in the States is going to be handling the releases. o.o
TonkPilz
"pre-licensed" NAW damn it thats mean its gona be hard to get my hands on both illegaly and legaly new shit dosent get relesd in sweden often probebly about 1ns a year if wher lucky... damn
gh0stface
Hellsing is one of my favorite animes. I don't even watch that many animes in the first place. The first OVA that has been released is good, but it takes a little getting used to as the artwork is a bit different.

Loved the soundtrack from the TV produced anime series too.
Mooty
the anime was awesome, i loved it, but the manga is a hell of a lot better.
its good quality and has a lot of different things ( to the anime).

and yeah the first ova was really cool.
Scaramanga
TonkPilz wrote:
"pre-licensed" NAW damn it thats mean its gona be hard to get my hands on both illegaly and legaly new **** dosent get relesd in sweden often probebly about 1ns a year if wher lucky... damn

Tonk, I'm not sure what region Sweden is, but have you considered getting a region-free player and importing US DVDs? I know region-free players aren't exactly cheap, but at least you'd be able to get a much better selection of titles. And I know quite a few of the discount online retailers ship internationally.
icekachu
Ya! The storyline was great and very refreshing, compared to "common" anime that focuses on other superhuman powers.
TonkPilz
Scaramanga wrote:

Tonk, I'm not sure what region Sweden is, but have you considered getting a region-free player and importing US DVDs? I know region-free players aren't exactly cheap, but at least you'd be able to get a much better selection of titles. And I know quite a few of the discount online retailers ship internationally.

sweden belongs to eu europ and to order any ting from countrys out side of europ or EU can be a real hasel and expensive and deppending on the other eu countrys currency it can be real expensiv even in the EU

example 1 us dollar is worth about 7 Swe Kronor (sek)
the same goes for the UK even if its easyr to order stuff from ther it will useually be more expensiv depending on the item orderd and the why you pay

1 english Pund = 13,30 Swe Kronor (sek)
Mental2k
I love the manga though I haven't seen any of the anime. Has anyone got any idea as to when the EL version of volume 8 is being released, me waana read that right now!
teh_razz
hellsing is freaking awsome especially the last episode its really entertaining with alucard beating the other guy when it loosk really bad for him, if you've never seen it before youl be like ZOMG yes :>
TeK
The manga is awesome. I didn't particularly like the anime really.
Subsonic Sound
The anime is overated, I think...

For a start, it has little in the way of cohesive plot. It's basically a standard, monster-of-the-week romp. Nothing wrong with that in moderation, but coherency is nice. Maybe that's something they'll correct with time - if they're sticking to the manga it'll be hard not to.

The other thing that gets me is the voices.

Why... WHY do people insist on hiring voice actors to pretend to be British? Why not just hire British voice actors? The accents in Hellsing are horrifically forced, and run from comic to painful.

I did enjoy the manga though, and I do look forward to any new episodes.

And the theme song may just be the best opening theme ever.
Ayame
Actually I prefer the anime to the manga.
Maybe it's because I discovered the anime first I don't know, but I think the atmosphere is better in the anime.
The anime is only serious whereas in the manga there is humour and I don't think the manga needed humour.
But I love Hellsing -manga and anime- for both reason. The characters are all full of charism, especially Alucard...I love Alucard^^'.
What I don't like is Seras ' boobs...in the first episode/tome she has none and then it grows and grows...It's maybe because she became a powerful vampire but I think it's too much.
I heard somewhere that Hellsing's mangaka were first a hentai mangaka. Did you know it?
shinnoyami
I read the two first hellsing mangas, i want to read on, except that the only mangas that i can get are in french =P I haven't had a chance to see the anime, although i would rather read the entire series before seeing the anime.
I thought at first that integra was a man Shocked and alucard is the awesomest character. *everything i want in a vampire*
exarkun
I only watch a part of it, where the master of a female cop, I think, is being stabbed by dunno who(I forgot about it Embarassed ).
esenbi
I WORSHIP this series.
i've got a poster on my wall.
and i'm a big fan of Hellsing..
is someone watched the OVA? how is it?
kiseki89
I have never watched hellsing... Is it nice? I heard that it's similar to Trinity blood, which i am currently watching.
So is hellsing about vampires too?
romsman
it is a very good anime, i was dissapointed at first with the ending since it was just a fight with no extra (well not alot) emotional value. I didn't know about the ova's and the new series so i think i'll watch them soon.
Scaramanga
eku53ru wrote:
On another note, the second episode is expected to be out on 4 August. It makes me wonder how the Geneon over here in the States is going to be handling the releases. o.o

I remember when I first heard about the OVAs (which was the same time it was announced that Geneon had already prelicensed this) that they would be pretty far apart time-wise. But I don't recall Geneon ever making any statement on how they were going to release it (god forbid, one OVA episode at a time.) When I go to Anime Expo this year I'll be sure to ask at the Geneon panel, because I'm really curious abotu this myself.
StabWound
Man if only you knew me, i have like everything hellsing, shirts, posters my wallpaper i have every episode and like everything hellsing i find i get. lol slightly upsessed but hey thats ok with me. ^^
votd
I haven't read the manga, but I've watched the anime. It's very very good - very well drawed, cool music inserted and such.

It's like a black comedy. It's much something like horror, but it's not that scary, though.

I like the plot - it's very interestic, there are also funny moments, but not that much. I've especially liked the Arucard (lol, that's Alucard - why US named him Arucard Very Happy? In japanese r goes like l whatever...).

I almost cried with laughter when I heard woman zombie OMFG Laughing
ehecatl
I LOVE Hellsing! The anime AND the Manga! My favorite character is Rip Van Winkle! ^_^ I was SO sad when she died! T_T I almost cried!
tyrant
Acutally, how many hellsing episodes have been released?

As far as i know there were only 13 episodes, ending with him killing the weird looking vampire. Anyone care to fill me in on wot i've missed?

cheers
Scaramanga
votd wrote:
I like the plot - it's very interestic, there are also funny moments, but not that much. I've especially liked the Arucard (lol, that's Alucard - why US named him Arucard Very Happy? In japanese r goes like l whatever...).

His Japanese name IS Arucard. See Japanese doesn't HAVE an 'L'.
GProject
I've seen the whole original series, and although it was enjoyable at times I never really got into it. However, the new OAV series looks amazing, and I'll definitely be checking it out as soon as I can! It's certainly an interesting story, so I'm glad they're having another go at it.
fangfox
Hellsing is one of my favorites, I hope they will make more episodes since the manga goes farther than the show did, but as of yet I havn't heard anything.

But yes his name is supposed to be Alucard, that was the inigma bedind his name he was talking about to Incognito. Alucard backwards is Dracula, and the face that flashed was an anime style version of Vlad the Impailer, the real life person that Dacula was based on
norz
an anime talking about an vampire killing other vampires.
[/img]

Tyreal
Yeah ive got em here.There very good altough there are only 13 episodes.Its one of the best animes ever in my opinion
xframe
Hellsing would have been better if it was longer. It leaves alot of dead ends. Like the freakchip..all will be adressed in the OVA's tho.
Hojo
i was happy when hellsing was finially shown on TV in germany. and to my surprise the german voices werent crappy (usually the way things work out i think, is that a japanese anime gets crappy english voices, then they translate the english version to german, making the voices even worse)

it has a nice story, but sadly doesnt have a lot of episodes. I can only recommend this anime.
gh0stface
Tyreal wrote:
Yeah ive got em here.There very good altough there are only 13 episodes.Its one of the best animes ever in my opinion

The reason there was only 13 episodes for the anime was because the manga is still ongoing. The ending isn't even close to what it is in the manga.

The good news is that the Hellsing OVAs are being produced. Two of them have been released and they follow the mange much more closely.
Scaramanga
On a somewhat related note, the first disc of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series is due to be released in the US on December 5th. Now the disc will be coming with only 1 episode, but it will have a limited edition metallic packaging box and an Arucard relief figure (both are exclusive to the US release.) In addition, there will be an audio commentary, staff interview, and promotional music video. The limited edition will retail for $45 while the regular edition will be going for $25.
orochimaruSanin
Well this is surely one anime i wouldnt recommend the kids to watch. TO much sex, violence and gore to distort the mind of the young.

But as far as my view point as an adult is concerned, gore is fun and Hellsing rockz for me ^_^
GProject
Scaramanga wrote:
On a somewhat related note, the first disc of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA series is due to be released in the US on December 5th. Now the disc will be coming with only 1 episode, but it will have a limited edition metallic packaging box and an Arucard relief figure (both are exclusive to the US release.) In addition, there will be an audio commentary, staff interview, and promotional music video. The limited edition will retail for $45 while the regular edition will be going for $25.

Cheers for the info. I'll be watching out for this - although 1 Episode seems a little cheeky, despite all the extra stuff that comes with it. I imagine it'll have both an English dub as well as the original language track though.
Scaramanga
GProject wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:

Cheers for the info. I'll be watching out for this - although 1 Episode seems a little cheeky, despite all the extra stuff that comes with it. I imagine it'll have both an English dub as well as the original language track though.

Well bear in mind it's one 50 minute episode (about the equivalent of 2 episodes of a standard TV anime,) and the fact that most OVAs have higher production values, I think it's a pretty fair bargain. Also, FLCL was released only 2 eps per disc, so this isn't exactly unprecedented.

And yes, the disc will be hybrid Japanese w/ subtitles and English dub.