FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think of Super Mario Bros?

Do you like Super Mario Bros?
I love them!
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
They're great!
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
They're OK!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not really!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Man, I hate them!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I only like Mario!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I only like Luigi!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Whong
That's my question! Laughing Very Happy

I'll just wait and see what you guys say, and then only I'll give you my opinion Exclamation Laughing
ocalhoun
Those are some of the best games ever.
I emulate them on my computer with zsnes.

...They're Super!
TurkishGamer
I think its awesome. I think the idea and the making of a platform game with many different objects in them was awesome.

I used to play the first mario game when I was 6 and I still play about 10 years later
amusic
its awesome many many years ago. Now I'm still playing it on gameboy when I am bored. Very Happy
Jim_the_cat
I love this game!
its the first game that I have ever played in my life! when I was atleast 5 or something.
linkman2004
I love Mario games! Very Happy Mario 1, 2, 3, World, 64, Sunshine, SuperStar Saga, Partners in Time(never played but must be good. Razz ), all of them! Except Mario RPG. It was a good game but not Mario's best.

Right now though I'm looking forward to New Mario Bros and 128.

BTW: First games I ever played to. Wink
Arnie
http://h4mm3rbr0s.ytmnd.com/
Phibur0ptixz22
Hey, in my opinion, you have to know your roots. Also the Atari is pretty good for that.
Sebaci
I wanted to play it, but when installing it, I noticed that it installes some spyware with it. So i decided not to install it...
gothicgeek
Phibur0ptixz22 wrote:
Hey, in my opinion, you have to know your roots. Also the Atari is pretty good for that.

Yeah, I have an Atari compilation for PS2. Sorry to say, but all the games suck. You can't even play them, the controls are weird and there's nowhere that tells you how to play. (that's the PS2 compilation's problem though.) Even the ones that you can figure out are insanely in the computer's favor. There's are a couple ones that are almost as playable as a poor NES game, but that's about as good as they get. PONG is probably the best game on there. Console games were pretty terrible until the NES shook it up.
Whong
I played Super Mario Bros 1 for the first time when I was 5 or 6. I just love it, they're so legendary games, I must say! Laughing I'm looking forward to playing the Super Mario 128 and Super Smash Bros Revolution! Very Happy
Mario is the first game charecter that I really liked! I'm especially waiting for New Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS. Must be a great hit! A real block buster! Laughing Very Happy Exclamation
Hanpusu-kun
The Mario Bros. are absolutely incredible!
And soon theyre comeback "New Super Mario bros." will _RULE_ the world ^_^

The hole series are really good, and one of the first games I ever played.
dz9c
I like luigi more because hes green
carriage_return
I have always loved the kind of fast paced non-stop action you can blisfully engage in some platformer games. And yes, I mean that whole parkeur like constant forward movement, with its jumps and slides. And sometimes, just sometimes, the great sensation you get, when playing those games, a small hint at the back of your mind when it feels you're just reacting with as little of a thought process as possible.

It might not be accurate, but what the heck, it's great.

Mario, while not always, is almost certain to be able to deliver that kind of rush and challenge, as you conquer the various stages with trust on the speed of your eyes, brain, and jump finger. Run forward, jump, hit the cannonball, jump higher, land of foe, bounce onto turtle, bounce on to shell, follow shell, combo points, jump gap, break brick, grab mushroom ...

Of course that's not all the series is about, a lovely combination of reflexes and puzzles, starting with the great Mario World, and continuing with the likes of Mario 64. I really haven't played the last games, but I'm sure they provide the same old feeling only an italian plumber bent on diving through pipes can give you.
djared90
I think the first Mario game I got was Super Mario 64 for the N64, and I loved it from the moment I turned it on (yes, from the moment I turned it on because of that face stretching thing at the beginning). Then I got Paper Mario, also for the N64, and loved that game as well. Next was Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube, and had fun with that also. The last Mario game I got was Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA, and it failed to disappoint me. I love the combination of storyline, reflexes, puzzles, strategy, everything that goes into the Mario games and makes them so much fun to play.
Whong
Mario games are the greatest!
It took me a long long time to get all 120 stars in Mario 64, I was 7 at that time! Super Mario 64 DS was also a fabulous game, I really liked it with all of its minigames and stuff! Mr. Miyamoto has really created something great by inventing Mario Bros. Wink
gotflash
Mario Bros was awesome, it totally defined the video game for me. Then when Nintendo came out with Super Mario Bros, i was COMPLETELY blown away. I just couldn't put it down. I played it and beat it several times over. After that, the sequels, and the SMW series, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario's Pictos, etc. I love each and every Mario game evr created and ever to be created.
Marco
Super mario bros was and is still my favorite game Smile. I've bought a snes just to play SMB 3 on it. Yet, I have to say that the newer mario games (mario 64, super mario sunshine) weren't as much fun as the old ones. I hope the mario for the revolution will be better Smile
Whong
Marco wrote:
Yet, I have to say that the newer mario games (mario 64, super mario sunshine) weren't as much fun as the old ones. I hope the mario for the revolution will be better Smile

Yeah, I do agree with that, the older ones were better! Laughing Well I guess that New Super Mario Bros will be a lot like the old 2D, but in 3D form! Very Happy
I just can't wait for New Super Mario Bros to come to stores, ofcourse I have to wait still for sometime because I live in Finland! Laughing

I guess that Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels and Super Mario 64 are the best games I've ever played Exclamation Very Happy
Omega_Squid
Very Happy You'd have to be crazy not to love 2 brothers that excell in septic sciences! lol! Besides, its shows that an average dude can be a hero, and that brothers are best when fighting turtles on steroids! Smile
garionw
I love super Mario, My first Game I played was Super Mario 64 and the Nintendo 64. After that I got a Game Boy Color for my birthday and Super mario bros delexe and A bugs life. I havnt played them in a while but I still dont think I have finished It.

I am looking foward to the new verison that they are releasing soon (Super Marion 128)
p.otten
I love them. al their games are verry good, and i prefere super mario world is so good
webek
I don't like that game because my neightboor like it...
He sometimes come to me and ask: "hey, can I play Mario...?"
I always must agree...
insaneisenough
Super mario is an awesome classic, play it every once in a while too.
Whong
Does anyone know anything new about the Super Mario 128
I haven't heard of it anything for a long time!
What do you think Revolution will cost?
EvilOreo22
I personally think Mario has been used way to many times. They have about 10,000,000 mario games already. I personally think it's time to move on.
Rsam
I love Mario for its simple and fun gameplay. They have been used quite often but there's not much else for nintendo to rely on really. As long as the mario games are good I have no complaints.
eLto
The Mario games, up to Super Mario 64 was a great series of well put together, entertaining, and hard games. I still play Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2, and whenever I get the chance, I'll sit down for a couple of rounds of Mario 64.

I always found the concept pretty weird though...
I mean, Go eat mushrooms, get high. highly related to Magic mushrooms, if you ask me... still a fun series of games crammed with secrets.

I Love 'em! Very Happy
rajhank
Actually it is a good game, and as a frihoster said INDIANS can develop only that type of game.
Revvion
its a great game serie but since it went to 3d i think it is going down slowly. mario 64 was still fun but sunshine, really i cant think of it as good. and the latest for the ds i really dont like the grapichs in that one, but i can't explain why.
rybakfanfiction
gothicgeek wrote:
Phibur0ptixz22 wrote:

Yeah, I have an Atari compilation for PS2. Sorry to say, but all the games suck. You can't even play them, the controls are weird and there's nowhere that tells you how to play. (that's the PS2 compilation's problem though.) Even the ones that you can figure out are insanely in the computer's favor. There's are a couple ones that are almost as playable as a poor NES game, but that's about as good as they get. PONG is probably the best game on there. Console games were pretty terrible until the NES shook it up.

Try the Atari classics for PSP. It combines the amazing gameplay of space invaders with the horrible PSP controls. Dont get it.