FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Google Analytics





Phil
I've been hearing alot about Google Analytics and how you can track your site's visitors with it.
Does anyone here use Google to track and just how useful do you find it? Is it better than using Awstats or some other program?
thiamshui
No, i don't think google analytics is for you to track your site visitors.. it is aimed at adwords customers (ppl hu pay money to Google to put up ads on websites registered with the Adsense program) to track how their visitors arrive at their site and which keywords are working or not working for them..

The website is here: http://www.google.com/analytics/

If you want a site tracker, try extreme tracker: http://extreme-dm.com
Or whatcounter: http://www.whatcounter.com
Phil
Thanks for the correction.
I checked out the 2 links you sent. The "Whatcounter.com" is just pphlogger. You can actually download the files and do it yourself. I was using it, but there where major descrepancies between it and the Google adsense reports I was viewing. I am going to give Extremetracking a try though.
Marston
thiamshui wrote:
No, i don't think google analytics is for you to track your site visitors.. it is aimed at adwords customers (ppl hu pay money to Google to put up ads on websites registered with the Adsense program) to track how their visitors arrive at their site and which keywords are working or not working for them..

The website is here: http://www.google.com/analytics/

If you want a site tracker, try extreme tracker: http://extreme-dm.com
Or whatcounter: http://www.whatcounter.com
... Did you even read the Google analytics page?!

Google.com/analytics/ wrote:
Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.
Indyan
I use google analytics. It is decent. But i really miss the built in stats manager with b2evolution.
Assiez
I've looked at Google analytics when I was searching for a stat counter, but in the end I decided to go with statcounter.com and I love it.

http://statcounter.com/
mathiaus
I'm in the process of changing over to goole analytics. So far I'm rather impressed but also overwhelmed with all the different information provided. It tracks all sorts from unique visitors to pageviews, geo location, new visitors and returning visitors, visits by source, pages viwed by people, length of visits and then averages for everything.
I originaly though it was all in flash but looking at the source it doesnt look like it. I though that because of the nice graphs, pie charts and maps you get. Basiclly i think it's fantastic Very Happy
SoftStag
Does anyone have any invitations for Google Analytics? Would appreciate it if someone could PM me one.

Thanks in advance.
Marston
mathiaus wrote:
I'm in the process of changing over to goole analytics. So far I'm rather impressed but also overwhelmed with all the different information provided. It tracks all sorts from unique visitors to pageviews, geo location, new visitors and returning visitors, visits by source, pages viwed by people, length of visits and then averages for everything.
I originaly though it was all in flash but looking at the source it doesnt look like it. I though that because of the nice graphs, pie charts and maps you get. Basiclly i think it's fantastic Very Happy
It's most likely AJAX, but I haven't seen it or anything... Sad

Yeah, if anyone has invites, I'd love one. I'll pay you a bunch of frih$ for one.... Wink
Animal
SoftStag wrote:
Does anyone have any invitations for Google Analytics? Would appreciate it if someone could PM me one.


Marston wrote:
Yeah, if anyone has invites, I'd love one. I'll pay you a bunch of frih$ for one.... Wink


Google hand out the invites themselves. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and apply. You may have to wait a week or two, but anyone I know that applied for it got it quite quickly.

I think Google Analytics is quite good. There's a ton of information available, but sometimes you just want to see that this visitor hit that page, that page then left. It's very complex, but extremely concise.
paurna
i use both google and statcounter for my blog and i will have to say that statcounter despite providing u only with a 100 log size is far better and much more easier to understand and use than google analytics.google analytics seems much more sophisticated and is primarily aimed at users maintaining websites with adwords on them though it's not mandatory to have them
desertwind
Google Analytics is more complex, it's all about marketing, your targets and blah blah.

I like it though.
vignesh_natraj
i got a invite from google last week and have used it the interface is excellent it gives info of referres,search engine hits,main keyword,most popular page in your site, where your visitors are from and many other features .
mrwoody
I also had an invitation, but I am not sure if I understand how it works...
can I just analyze the traffic of some subdomain? so far I was not able to do that
kecha
Because a cord has been sent, I use Google Analytics.
I thought that cannot manage the impression that used in a personal site.
But commercial site is useful because it is high-performance.

I use it without canceling it with much effort. Smile
Scorpio
Animal wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
Does anyone have any invitations for Google Analytics? Would appreciate it if someone could PM me one.


Marston wrote:
Yeah, if anyone has invites, I'd love one. I'll pay you a bunch of frih$ for one.... Wink


Google hand out the invites themselves. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and apply. You may have to wait a week or two, but anyone I know that applied for it got it quite quickly.

I think Google Analytics is quite good. There's a ton of information available, but sometimes you just want to see that this visitor hit that page, that page then left. It's very complex, but extremely concise.


I am here, waiting for 3 weeks or more than that, still have not got a whiff of a invitation
NjRocket
lol, im sure it varies depending how long they want to wait. It says only about 1 to 2 weeks so.
Marston
scorpio wrote:
Animal wrote:
SoftStag wrote:
Does anyone have any invitations for Google Analytics? Would appreciate it if someone could PM me one.


Marston wrote:
Yeah, if anyone has invites, I'd love one. I'll pay you a bunch of frih$ for one.... Wink


Google hand out the invites themselves. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and apply. You may have to wait a week or two, but anyone I know that applied for it got it quite quickly.

I think Google Analytics is quite good. There's a ton of information available, but sometimes you just want to see that this visitor hit that page, that page then left. It's very complex, but extremely concise.


I am here, waiting for 3 weeks or more than that, still have not got a whiff of a invitation
I've been waiting like a month and a half... Sad
Scorpio
NjRocket wrote:
lol, im sure it varies depending how long they want to wait. It says only about 1 to 2 weeks so.


It says many weeks to be exact
NjRocket
scorpio wrote:
NjRocket wrote:
lol, im sure it varies depending how long they want to wait. It says only about 1 to 2 weeks so.


It says many weeks to be exact


eh, whatever, i'm in no rush to get the service. I still got to finish my site and then submit it to all the search engines. By the way, is there a quick way to send your site to all the search engines really quick? lol or do you have to indivually send them into each one?
Scorpio
Just google it.

I did it and found a site which submits to many search engines.

But I forgot it now.. Crying or Very sad

Anyway MSN will ask for an email confirmation, so submit it manually

Also submit to google and yahoo manually(its pretty simple)

And submit to a lot of directories on the web

They are effective
budazz
i got one for my website i never experience how nice is it?...but this is good i can track my hits... Very Happy
heady233
Indyan wrote:
I use google analytics. It is decent. But i really miss the built in stats manager with b2evolution.
Can you send me an invite, I'll give you ALL my $FRIH.
Jamatu
@heady233

Animal wrote:
Google hand out the invites themselves. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and apply. You may have to wait a week or two, but anyone I know that applied for it got it quite quickly.
heady233
Jamatu wrote:
@heady233

Animal wrote:
Google hand out the invites themselves. Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and apply. You may have to wait a week or two, but anyone I know that applied for it got it quite quickly.
Oh, sorry, I guess I misunderstood.
Marston
Ah, I finally got my invitation.


Awesome.
SoftStag
Marston wrote:
Ah, I finally got my invitation.


Awesome.

Me too Very Happy
dude_xyx
me too , recieved it few days ago. after almost 6 months.
Jamatu
They must have sent out some mass invitations cause I got accepted too.
cknight411
OKAY! I Know all the hype about Google ads being "off ot the side" and all BUT...I punched in the SAME words into the following search engines:

Yahoo
MSN
Google
altavista

..AND I got 99% IDEntical results.

So...the more you pay the more headway but...has anyone heard of methods to elevate one's site to the top of the list?

Thanks..Carolyn
Scorpio
YES!@!!!!!!

I finally received the darned invite after 2 months almost

I have started using it Very Happy
SoftStag
cknight411 wrote:
OKAY! I Know all the hype about Google ads being "off ot the side" and all BUT...I punched in the SAME words into the following search engines:

Yahoo
MSN
Google
altavista

..AND I got 99% IDEntical results.

So...the more you pay the more headway but...has anyone heard of methods to elevate one's site to the top of the list?

Thanks..Carolyn

Google Analytics has nothing to do with Ads, if you want to know about Adsense, then try this topic:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7259
fx-trading-education
I don't know if I was very lucky but I got te invitation within 2 days!

Maybe I just registered before they sent a batch of invitations.

Anyway it looks good aand there is a lot of information there.
moejoe
Don't FOrget.. Google LOVEs it when it's easy to find your website.

In Other Words..
If your site's Link is on many places on the web...and google does index those sites...Then your up for some Boostage =).

So; make some friend websites; Contact the webmaster and ask for a link exchange. It'll help you both out.
Related topics
Google Launches Google Analytics !!!
About Google Analytics
Google Analytics
Any spare Google Analytics invite ?
Google Analytics
Google Analytics: world's BEST website analysis
Buying Google Analytics invitation
Google analytics help
Google Analytics - suddenly no data
Google Analytics™?
Estatísticas de visitantes...
Frihost, Google Analytics and Joomla
Google Analytics: google[organic]?
Getting Google Analytics Working
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> SEO and Search Engines

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.