FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When do you know a relationship reached the end of the road?

DJ Santos
Share your experiences about the moment when you felt the relationship you were in had reached the end?
What made you realise that? How did you feel: relieved, light, free?
ThatCrazyGuy
I actually found out just last Sunday when my wife of 4 years (been together for 6 1/2) said that she felt as though I sucked the life out of her.... I had been feeling the same way too. And instead of trying to drag out the relationship any further, making it worse, making it so that we hate eachother, we are getting a divorce, so that we can still remain friendly so that our 2 y/o son has a mom and dad that get along. For her it was relief, a weight off her shoulders, something to be happy about. Me? I'm taking it harder b/c I still have feelings for her, where she doesn't have feelings for me. Will I move on, I think so. Things can only get better from here on out, right?

~Crazy
bercha
when u don't feel like arguing with your b/f anymore.
when u don't feel like explaining to him when he misunderstood you.
when u don't have a 'heart' to kiss him anymore.

i found it free actually. you get to find another person!
Mr Smith
- When your woman continuously COMPLAINS about running out of money/gas.

- When apple trees grow apples

- When carrot trees grow carrots

- When I finally... shut up =/
innercity
You never know !
Trapper
From a marriage standpoint I think both spouses need to have the mentality this is for life. Then once the commitment is there, you never have to worry, "I wonder if they want a divorce". God will help you through troubles and it can only get better. Yes, there are great Christian counselors out there and it can be unbelievably better.

As far as the single days, sometimes it was me, other times it was them, but in both cases, it is easy to see. Everything from their look to the way they touch or treat you, you can tell. It can hurt like crazy, but there is no sense trying to fool yourself it's going to make it. It's best to bring it up and get it over with. Same way with you if you have lost the fire and can't conjure up the feelings for them. Don't put them through the misery of a meaningless relationship.

When you find the right one to marry, then it's awesome. Sure there are many bumps in the road, but knowing you have one commited as you, allows that every bump will be passed and get only stronger. It's true.
Trapper
From a marriage standpoint I think both spouses need to have the mentality this is for life. Then once the commitment is there, you never have to worry, "I wonder if they want a divorce". God will help you through troubles and it can only get better. Yes, there are great Christian counselors out there and it can be unbelievably better.

As far as the single days, sometimes it was me, other times it was them, but in both cases, it is easy to see. Everything from their look to the way they touch or treat you, you can tell. It can hurt like crazy, but there is no sense trying to fool yourself it's going to make it. It's best to bring it up and get it over with. Same way with you if you have lost the fire and can't conjure up the feelings for them. Don't put them through the misery of a meaningless relationship.

When you find the right one to marry, then it's awesome. Sure there are many bumps in the road, but knowing you have one commited as you, allows that every bump will be passed and get only stronger. It's true.
Insanity
I think its just a gut reaction or instinct. You just know when it's not going anywhere.
maddieboi
I met my boyfriend back in August 2003 and we've been together for 3 weeks after which he returned to Dubai for work while I stayed in Manila. We remained in contact though after that through email, voice chat and mobile phone calls. It was along distance relationship and it was very difficult. My friends told me It wouldn't last but I was stubborn and I wanted to prove to them that it can last. Months passed until I noticed that we haven't been communicating that much. It wasn't my fault because I kept on tryingto contact him. I realized that maybe he doesn't want me anymore. I guess that's it, the moment you realize that the other person is not making any effort, that's the end of the road for that relationship.
Ms.Pseudo
I have divorsed two years ago, but I still did have feelings for my ex-husband. I knew I couldnt go back and relationship wouldn't work, if I went back, but somehow I wasn't ready to let go. But last weekend, when I asked him to do a little favour to me and kids, he said no, and suddenly I looked at him and our relationship like an outsider, and realised, REALLY realised, that it was not going to get better ever, and I was just fooling myself, that maybe oneday...

Now I look him just like a stanger, and I see him so clear, without any pink glasses of love, and I realize, that he is just wrong for me, and I don't want to go back ever again. It's a bit sad, but i have been so blue for so many years now, that actually it is relieving and free to know, that one part of my life has gone for good, and it's time to look ahead, and lift my nose up and feel the sun in my face Very Happy
VATRUSHKiN
Recently we have strongly quarrelled with my girl. Such has occured already far not for the first time and it seems to me, that we shall not reconcile any more. I do not understand why, but such happened often, till now i have not learned to be quiet in this situation, considering that it is her guilty.
ylmun
I know the relationship has reached the end when you spend most of your time obsessing over where to hide the body - Laughing
AtcPhoenix
"Half of life is ****** up - the other half is dealing with it."

Yeah, when she wakes up next to another man....and you woke up on hte couch......its time to
A. Stop drinking.
B. Ditch the bitch.

"Nothing Brings People together more than mutual hatred"
megastar
really true relations never come to an end.

if any thing is wrong just sit and discuss.

really that will really help you a lot.

every one has their own attitude to express their feeling.

bu sitting together will make you feel better.

have patience.

never try to end ur long lasting relation..

yours sincerely

Very Happy
immoralist
When you start making excuses to leave the house (to buy milk or whatever) just to get away for a few minutes. Then you reflect on why you're behaving like you do and if it's your fault. Once you realise it isn't, then it's over.