FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


September 11 plotter Moussaoui, should he be executed?






Should he be Executed?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
Don't Know
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

710ths
Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person to be charged in the US in connection with the 9/11 attacks, can face the death penalty, a US jury has found.

As he was led out of the court, Moussaoui shouted: "You'll never get my blood. God curse you all."

The 12-person jury will return on Thursday to begin a second phase of his sentencing trial and decide whether he will be executed for his role in the attacks or sentenced to life in prison. (Source NTL News)

The great tragedy that this man caused or be it instrumental to that act is quite plainly inexcusable. But should the US execute him? On the one hand I would say emphatically YES. On the other are we playing into their hands and creating an instant Martyr. If he is executed it should be for the reason that he committed the crime not revenge for the people who died. It will not bring them back.

Your comments!
maclui
why do not we have those old punisments such as forced work, breaking rock, cold cells, slow torture? For life. That would be a good lesson for this murderer. Not killing him because we would be putting ourselvs at his level.
Diebels
maclui wrote:
That would be a good lesson for this murderer.


He΄s no Murder, just got catched in time
Jeslyn
I don't know.
ocalhoun
710ths wrote:

As he was led out of the court, Moussaoui shouted: "You'll never get my blood. God curse you all."



We don't want his blood, we just want him to sit in a fancy chair and sizzle for a little while. No blood involved.
Soulfire
No, you can't justify killing anyone.
lyndonray
this guy would love nothing better than to become a matyr so he can go off to paradise and have his truck load of virgins - (or grapes) depending on whose translation of the Qu'ran you want to go with) So I think he should just spend the rest of his life in a dilapidated prison sharing food with mice and scorpions.

But that won't happen. He's going to get the chair or the gas chamber (whatever it is they use over there) - that's why the govt never even considered trying him in New York State or something. They want him DEAD!
Whong
Killing is no answer, God only knows who is guily and who isn't, so let Him make the desicion. We are but dust of earth, what right do we have to kill anyone, life is in God's hands! He gives, He takes and he chooses!
Only God knows! Very Happy Laughing Exclamation Idea
anticheat
He should be executed. The FBI had all the info they needed, just kept missing the links. This guy could've wrapped it up for them in a neat little package, and maybe also prevented future attacks that may be in the works. But he chose death already by volunteering for the suicide terror mission. The 9/11 attacks are a direct result of his silence.
710ths
Some interesting comments keep them coming
Scorpio
What the Heck...

You kill this guy and a hundred of them POp up from elsewhere.

No use killing this guy unless of course it quenches our thirst for blood

Because a death sentence is going to make no one unhappy and also he ll be regarded as a martyr in his homeland.

I am really exasperated there is nothing useful to with these people

there are so many of them all over the place, one really cant decide/
Lord Klorel
I should say: Bring to death, but as many of you have said. It give Al-Qaida and other organisations the oppertunity to rise up and the result can be more attacks.

The only way is to let him suffer in jail for the rest of his life, but maybe the terrorists go to rescue him afterall his own of them.

There is no good choice in this matter. Only God can say who is guilty or not.

But maybe will God send his word to the jury. So the answer of the jury can be the word of God.

So let's hope what the answer of God will be. God and his ways are inconceivable.
djdaley
I think the reason he is antagonizing the jury is because he wishes for them to give him the death sentence. This he probably considers a sacrifice that will grant him martyr status. I think it will be a far more severe punishment to have him sit in a U.S. prison the rest of his life. I'm sure his fellow inmates will do everything they can to make his life-long stay as enjoyable as possible too!
damj
I think we should help this poor guy. Let's give him what he wants .... he wants to die for Allah, so let's help him. Fry him.

Personally, I think he should be put in a closed room with some of the 9/11 victim's families, but hey, I can be compassionate ... so give him the chair.
710ths
Thanks for your comments so far. I think I've changed my mind I polled Yes to execute but after comments I think it would be far better to let him ROT in jail. POLL - 50/50 split interesting!
HoboPelican
Death or life. I don't really care I suppose....If we could guarantee life I think that would be my pref. And no chocolates on the pilllow, either. With a daily diet of pork.

The main thing is to quickly forget about him. Things like this thread only perpetuate the man's importance. Convict and forget.
HoboPelican
Death or life. I don't really care I suppose....If we could guarantee life I think that would be my pref. And no chocolates on the pilllow, either. With a daily diet of pork.

The main thing is to quickly forget about him. Things like this thread only perpetuate the man's importance. Convict and forget.
Assiez
We cannot afford to kill him. It is not a question of morality or how he will suffer more. If the US excutes him, he'll just become a matyr. His end will inspire countless others to follow in his footsteps.

The best way would be to arrange from him to "disappear".
NemoySpruce
you have to think like Jack Bauer! ... you can pretend to fry him, go through the entire process, but instead of poison, pump him with sedative..when he comes to, first thing he sees is mohammed!! (agent in costume.. get the idea??) maybe even show him a virgin or two.. then let him talk about all his exploits (get some information)... and then mohammed says something like, 'I have new mission for you!.. you need to go back to earth and find Osama, I want you to tell him something... " plant a tracer on him and let him go... but with his luck, he will probably just get caught...forget it. just fry 'im then.
mike1reynolds
According to the law, insane people are not suppose to be executed. It happens sometimes anyway, but the guy is clearly clinically insane.

If he does get life it would be in solitary, he wouldn't last a week in general population That would be fat worse than death. He is already in solitary, wihch is hopefuly just a taste of what he has to look forwad too for the rest of his life.

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out previously.
Jayfarer
If the jury in his trial says he should, then yes. As long as if he goes through the trial process, I'm okay with the execution.
HoboPelican
mike1reynolds wrote:
... but the guy is clearly clinically insane.


I haven't been following this case that closely, but I'm curious why you say that. I did a quick review of the stories on this and for the most part I see a guy who believes that the US is the enemy and has no trust that the US judicial system will give him a fair trial.

So, I'm just curious why you think he is obviously insane in a clinical sense. Specific examples?
mstreet
Hmm this is definitly one of those issues that is really hard to figure out.
What about true solitary confinement. No daylight. No human contact.
I do feel he should be laid to rest though as well.
Not 100% sure
damj
No ... better yet ... put him in a room with the families of the 9/11 victims .... if he makes it out, he can go free.

Better yet, put him in a cage at ground zero with a grated platform over him, so people can express their own opinions at him, in what ever crude fashion, with the bodily excrement of their choice.
nbwbhst
Nah, ya cant kill him. He wants to be dead. Torture sounds good to me. But what if its a cover-up. I mean there is a lot of talk about the bush administration having planned the entire thing.. not saying thats true or not but WHAT IF.. Then we would be killing another man for nothing... all this war would be.. for nothing. Bah. Who knows. 400 years from now I guess it'll look clear when what really happened comes out and it's written in the text books of our great great great(etc) grand children. Until then...DAMN THESE GAS PRICES lol
polarBear
If Bush Sr. and Jr. get the same treatment, Rumsfeld, Rice, and each and every single yankee soldier that actively participated on any of the last 50 years wars gets executed too, under the charges of murder, torture, deceit and some other small things like overthrowing governments just because, and threatening the living space of other governments, I'd agree on executing him.

Otherwise, it's just another exhibit on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it.
damj
polarBear wrote:
... and every single yankee soldier that actively participated on any of the last 50 years wars gets executed too, under the charges of murder, torture, deceit and some other small things like overthrowing governments just because, and threatening the living space of other governments, I'd agree on executing him.

Otherwise, it's just another exhibit on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it.


I'm not going to argue with you, since, obviously you are immature and an idiot, but go ahead and try it. Better yet, put me on trial ... I served my country with pride, and I have nothing to hide.

Brainless? Have you ever stood up for anything and put your life on the line? In this country, we have freedom, and that freedom is bought for a price. That price is the blood and sacrifice of men and women who have defended it. The same blood and sacrifice that has secured the freedom of many other countries as well.

Go ahead and bash our Government if you want, because contrary to your opinion, we are not brainless lambs and nearly 70% of Americans no longer support our President. Our Government makes mistakes and often it is held accountable by it's people, including those who have served in it's military. If you had a fraction of the intelligence that you pretend to espouse, you would understand that this is a nation of laws and ideals, and they are held in higher regards than the institutions which we use to implement them, and the people that we elect to fill those roles.

I respect your freedom to spout of whatever rhetoric that you choose. Freedom of speech is one of the ideals which we homicidal, brainless "yankee" soldiers have defended for over 200 years, but if you want to attack me personally, then I have an issue. More galling is that you don't know me, and probably don't know any Americans personally. If you did, you wouldn't make immature blanket statements about "on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it". I personally have been in 6 countries outside of my own, and have met people form dozens of other countries, and I have realized that there are far more similarities among people than differences, so my advice to you is to grow up and move beyond your own little world and try to learn more about the things of which you speak, before you speak, because to put it frankly, the words that you use, speak volumes about you.
HoboPelican
polarBear wrote:
If Bush Sr. and Jr. get the same treatment, Rumsfeld, Rice, and each and every single yankee soldier that actively participated on any of the last 50 years wars gets executed too, under the charges of murder, torture, deceit and some other small things like overthrowing governments just because, and threatening the living space of other governments, I'd agree on executing him.

Otherwise, it's just another exhibit on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it.


I'm sorry, but that is one of the most infantile and inflamatory posts I've seen on this board. No thought, insults and lumping an entire populace into one group... You are a sad and pathetic human being, PB.

There are legitimate reasons to hate the way the US has conducted itself over the years, but a post like that only makes you look like a raving lunatic.

Of course, maybe that is exactly what you are...
polarBear
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you, since, obviously you are immature and an idiot, but go ahead and try it. Better yet, put me on trial ... I served my country with pride, and I have nothing to hide.
Wohoo! be careful, chimp, I didn't even directly insult you -at least in that post-. I'm really proud of you, mainly because you volunteered to get killed for the profit of three private corporations... you have really good reasons to be proud, huh? (...)

Quote:
Brainless? Have you ever stood up for anything and put your life on the line? In this country, we have freedom, and that freedom is bought for a price. That price is the blood and sacrifice of men and women who have defended it. The same blood and sacrifice that has secured the freedom of many other countries as well.
I'm 22 and have already served in Haiti, in Angola and in Zaire. No big words about it.
About the OTHER big words, the empty ones: You are so free that can't get a book on a library without the feds knowing about it. You are so free that you can get in jail just for grouping with undesirable people. You are so free that you can get sent to Pakistan if you LOOK suspicious. You are so free that you get a stronger punishment for the same crime if you're not caucasian or male. COME ON!
Quote:
Go ahead and bash our Government if you want, because contrary to your opinion, we are not brainless lambs and nearly 70% of Americans no longer support our President. Our Government makes mistakes and often it is held accountable by it's people, including those who have served in it's military. If you had a fraction of the intelligence that you pretend to espouse, you would understand that this is a nation of laws and ideals, and they are held in higher regards than the institutions which we use to implement them, and the people that we elect to fill those roles.
Don't worry, I will, just wait a little longer.
The government isn't a holy entity that sits away from the people. YOU PUT PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT ALL BY YOURSELF. Wow. That has to bee hard to accept, right?.
The laws and the ideals are all wonderful, but they are just a huge pile of nothing without PEOPLE to make use of them, and if that people is actively misusing them, laws and ideals are less valuable than toilet paper.

Quote:
I respect your freedom to spout of whatever rhetoric that you choose.
From the very moment you insult me you are not respecting my freedom to anything, chimp. It's not that simple.

Quote:
Freedom of speech is one of the ideals which we homicidal, brainless "yankee" soldiers have defended for over 200 years, but if you want to attack me personally, then I have an issue.
You are a number, not a person. You are a character, not a person. To me you are a name on a computer screen, not a human being. I probably wouldn't pay you any respect anyway, but in this particular case I'm not saying anything about you, or any real person.

Quote:
More galling is that you don't know me, and probably don't know any Americans personally.
Let's just say that 210 NORTHERN Americans work for me daily. So I do know some NORTHERN Americans personally.
Quote:
If you did, you wouldn't make immature blanket statements about "on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it".
If you don't punish ALL of the murders equally and without distinction, and even more, if you think some assasination is right and some isn't, then I think you are brainless. Get the idea? Thanks.
Quote:
I personally have been in 6 countries outside of my own, and have met people form dozens of other countries, and I have realized that there are far more similarities among people than differences, so my advice to you is to grow up and move beyond your own little world and try to learn more about the things of which you speak, before you speak, because to put it frankly, the words that you use, speak volumes about you.
Thanks for the advice, it will probably be really useful the next time I confront a zealot in bare hands. Really, thanks.

Next one:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most infantile and inflamatory posts I've seen on this board.
Damn you have seen so little then...check out some other threads and tell me how you feel about it.
Quote:
No thought, insults and lumping an entire populace into one group... You are a sad and pathetic human being, PB.
One word: CONDITIONALS. If(something) then (some other thing). Do you get it now? I might personally think that you are an obtuse semi analphabet grunt, but that's because your only argumentation is a) a pseudo profound but empty statement and a personal attack on my person. You should read again my post, then this one, and just then try and say something. That way you would see that

Quote:
if you think some assasination is right and some isn't, then I think you are brainless. Get the idea? Thanks.


And you could grab on something to bash me without looking like a standard pothead.
Quote:
There are legitimate reasons to hate the way the US has conducted itself over the years, but a post like that only makes you look like a raving lunatic.

I AM a raving lunatic, but my rage is generally focused on general server maintenance issues and some business management, not obtuse people.
Quote:
Of course, maybe that is exactly what you are...

Wait a minute, doesn't that statement apply backwards too?
damj
polarBear wrote:
Wohoo! be careful, chimp, I didn't even directly insult you -at least in that post-. I'm really proud of you, mainly because you volunteered to get killed for the profit of three private corporations... you have really good reasons to be proud, huh? (...)

Blah, blah, blah Haliburton ... get a new argument. BTW ... Wrong war oh omniscient one.

polarBear wrote:
You are so free that you can get in jail just for grouping with undesirable people. You are so free that you can get sent to Pakistan if you LOOK suspicious. You are so free that you get a stronger punishment for the same crime if you're not caucasian or male. COME ON!

What?!?

polarBear wrote:
Don't worry, I will, just wait a little longer.

What, before you make sense?

polarBear wrote:
The government isn't a holy entity that sits away from the people. YOU PUT PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT ALL BY YOURSELF. Wow. That has to bee hard to accept, right?.
The laws and the ideals are all wonderful, but they are just a huge pile of nothing without PEOPLE to make use of them, and if that people is actively misusing them, laws and ideals are less valuable than toilet paper.

Oh sure, throw them all out ... yeah, that's the answer


polarBear wrote:
...chimp

You love that word don't you?

polarBear wrote:
I probably wouldn't pay you any respect anyway

Obviously

polarBear wrote:
Let's just say that 210 NORTHERN Americans work for me daily. So I do know some NORTHERN Americans personally.

Talk to them, learn something from them, stop generalizing. BTW, most CANADIANS like Americans.

polarBear wrote:
If you don't punish ALL of the murders equally and without distinction, and even more, [b]if you think some assasination is right and some isn't, then I think you are brainless. Get the idea? Thanks.

No, sorry, don't get it. I better cancel my memberships in all of my high IQ societies.

polarBear wrote:
Thanks for the advice, it will probably be really useful the next time I confront a zealot in bare hands. Really, thanks.

What, like next time you look in a mirror?

polarBear wrote:
I AM a raving lunatic, but my rage is generally focused on general server maintenance issues and some business management, not obtuse people.

Good, I'm glad that you're good at something, since you can't seem to form a single coherent arguement.

Peace gang, I'm outta this thread, because frankly ... you bore me.
polarBear
You could have saved yourself all that display of stupidity by just proving me wrong. You didn't. That's the difference between a marine and a person.











I rest my case.
HoboPelican
LOL, you aren't helping your cause, bro. You still are coming off as lunatic. I'll only address your responses to my notes.


polarBear wrote:

Next one:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most infantile and inflamatory posts I've seen on this board.
Damn you have seen so little then...check out some other threads and tell me how you feel about it.
Quote:
No thought, insults and lumping an entire populace into one group... You are a sad and pathetic human being, PB.
One word: CONDITIONALS. If(something) then (some other thing). Do you get it now? I might personally think that you are an obtuse semi analphabet grunt, but that's because your only argumentation is a) a pseudo profound but empty statement and a personal attack on my person. You should read again my post, then this one, and just then try and say something. That way you would see that


Huh? If/then? What the F are you talking about? Don't rant, communicate.

Actually, this board is pretty tolerant, considering the sort of volatile discussions we have. So, please, read and think before you type. Even reread it before you submit.

And I wasn't trying to be profound, I was responding directly to your immaturity and thougthless rage. You keep throwing senseless insults left and right, and pretty childish ones at that, so that is likely the sort of response you should expect.

If you really think the US is one monolithic entity and that we all think the same way, you are as bad as any racist. What is it that has caused such hate in you. Be specific, if you can. It's hard to debate personal insults.

Quote:

I AM a raving lunatic,...

Well, at least we agree on that Smile
Quote:
...but my rage is generally focused on general server maintenance issues and some business management, not obtuse people.

Oh, dear, more insults
Quote:

Quote:
Of course, maybe that is exactly what you are ...

Wait a minute, doesn't that statement apply backwards too?

Hmm, again, there might be a coherent thought in your head but you aren't getting the point into your note. Please, Pbear, If you want to continue this. Write something that makes sense.
polarBear
You are obviously unable to understand the very basics of anything I say, so I would recommend you to go read something else instead of trying to answer me. Really. For whatever reason you want, but stop trying. It wasn't made for people like you.
There's no reason for me to downgrade my thoughts so you can get them; if you can't, I'm sorry for you, but I'm not going to draw pictures of birds and bees so you can eventually understand the point.

All I'm saying here is that YOU insulted me, YOU didn't understand who I was talking about, and YOU should try and force a synapsis to work. OR, alternatively, you could leave just like you are and let life go on. I'm not going to think for you pal
HoboPelican
polarBear wrote:
You are obviously unable to understand the very basics of anything I say, so I would recommend you to go read something else instead of trying to answer me. Really. For whatever reason you want, but stop trying. It wasn't made for people like you.
There's no reason for me to downgrade my thoughts so you can get them; if you can't, I'm sorry for you, but I'm not going to draw pictures of birds and bees so you can eventually understand the point.

All I'm saying here is that YOU insulted me, YOU didn't understand who I was talking about, and YOU should try and force a synapsis to work. OR, alternatively, you could leave just like you are and let life go on. I'm not going to think for you pal


Dude, you still have not post one debatable thought. Go back and try to find one. YOU are the one to first throw insults. You first post contained.....

Quote:

Otherwise, it's just another exhibit on how US inhabitant's are brainless lambs and love being it.


Come on. You keep insulting my intelligence, but you aren't saying anything else.

I tried to make the point that your lumping all US citizens in the same boat was simplilstic and childish. Respond to that. Don't just insult. Make a point. All you are doing is dancing away from any real discussion. If you are afraid of actually talking about this, go ahead and resort to more insults.


<After more thought>
Actually, it seems we have hijacked this discussion. I applogize to the group and will stop responding to Pbear here. Pbear, start a new thread if you want. I really would like to get you to make a point. Any point. Title it "Every US citizen is Evil", I'll find it. Smile
suntzu3500
Hum. It seems that some people have a rather creative opinion on how this guy should die.

We should just execute him, and quickly. Dont let him sit in jail for twently years. Esssentially, just killing him quickly is the best way to enforce justice for the victims of the attacks.
Related topics
What did Bush lie about?
The story of 9/11's tragic history.
Republicans trashing US economy for political points?
"September Morn" announced
The downfall of american society
Just an article that got my attention...
Federal response to Katrina was faster than Hugo,
A tribute to 9/11 Victims..
liberty
Best Building in the World
Justification for War in Iraq
DREAM THEATER
when will the world end?
Urban Legends About the Iraq War
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.