FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What exactly is the post Limit?

Scorpio
How many posts is one person allowed to post in a day..

I got a message saying I exceeded the allotted number of posts and did not get any points
mOrpheuS
scorpio wrote:
How many posts is one person allowed to post in a day..

I got a message saying I exceeded the allotted number of posts and did not get any points

There's no limit on the number of posts. (Except for a minimum time period between consecutive posts)

There, however, is a limit on the amount of Points that one can earn in a given time period (not a short period, rather something like a few hours).

That means any posts exceeding this limit in the given time period will not earn points, but can still be posted.
This is another spam prevention measure.
If a spammer comes along, there's not enough incentive for him to spam after he hits this limit ... this keeps the rate of spam (spam-posts/hour) manageable. Very Happy

You should not worry about this limit ... because by the time you hit the post limit, you'd already be over the 45 point mark anyway. Wink
Scorpio
I should I guess, Today I hit 75 points and the limit and did not get points for the posts after that..
Now I am getting the points of course..

But of course my posts were valid
coolclay
I didn't even know there was a maximum post limit but I guess it is good, so that spammers don't put thousands of useless posts up advertising something . That could get old really quick. I am actually surprised we haven't gotten that many spam type posts. Some forums are polluted with spam, and ads and stuff.
ocalhoun
Quote:

You should not worry about this limit ... because by the time you hit the post limit, you'd already be over the 45 point mark anyway. Wink

It would be nice if the post limit did not stop the flow of frih$ though...
I hit that lilmit every day I post, and that's why I'm poor despite a large post total.
alkady
ocalhoun wrote:
Quote:

I hit that lilmit every day I post, and that's why I'm poor despite a large post total.

I feel ya, But its really a gimmick to encourage others to post quality and not quantity.
Blaster
I agree with ocalhoun. The frih$ should keep coming in. It would be nice to get somthing. Maybe even if it was just .1 frih for each word. It would be somthing. And I get this post a lot.
Scorpio
alkady wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Quote:

I feel ya, But its really a gimmick to encourage others to post quality and not quantity.

Of course, But there are people who post in quantity as well as quality. Such people bear the brunt of this rule

There should be an alternate method for this.