FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can anyone teach me to transfer playlists to my mp3 player?

bladesage
I have an iriver U10. I have Windows Media Player 10. I have been transferring my favorite songs to it without a problem for some time now.

But now that I figured out how to make playlists in Windows Media Player, when I try to transfer them, it only copies the songs inside the playlist, not the playlist itself. I want to copy my playlists as well. I try to move the playlists manually with Explorer, but they are the wrong format.

I have no clue how to move them to the player with Windows Media Player, or even how to change the file formats (for the playlists). This is very frustrating to me.

Could anyone out there help me?????????
Animal
You will need to re-save the playlists in .m3u format so that the iRiver can recognise them. The default playlist type with Windows Media Player is Microsoft's own format - only limited numbers of portable players support this.
bladesage
Animal wrote:
You will need to re-save the playlists in .m3u format so that the iRiver can recognise them. The default playlist type with Windows Media Player is Microsoft's own format - only limited numbers of portable players support this.

And how would I go about doing this?
bladesage
Never mind! I figured it out. Than you!!