FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A forum to specifically ask for a topic to be re-opened

bladesage
Now, I notice that very many topics get locked (sensibly). And they usually say that you can ask for a topic to be re-opened by PM-ing a moderator. It just seems there should be an easier way.

Now, since you aren't taking any new moderators or anything, I thought that the next-best thing would be to make a forum specifically to ask a moderator to re-open other topics. That would be most convenient.

If not, perhaps you could make it so that clicking the "Locked" bubble in the bottom-left corner (that would normally be a "Post Reply" or something like that) would take you to a place for that? Maybe a list of moderators/junior admins that you could pm to ask for this?

Just a thought Wink. Hopefully not a trifle, but a mere convenience.

Thanks for the time,
bladesage
Animal
Why is it any easier to post in a forum than to PM a moderator?

That's why we have Green names - if you look at the "who's online" section at the bottom of the main forum page, you can see which mods or admins are on, send them a PM and have it unlocked immediately. Adding another forum is just another forum that we would have to police - to remove spam and other inappropriate posts from it.
bladesage
It is just a thought, if it's really as much trouble as you make it sound then you don't have to listen to it.

It would just be nice.