FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Want you guys to check out my layout.

7gts-scout
Is this layout suitable or is not? Shocked Confused

I'm making a new website, i need a few tips Cool Laughing

Link : www.chew-designs.net.tc

Suggestions will be great! Wink
Damondred
I for one like it quite a bit. Very nice.
salman_500
hey,
nice layout !!!

r u sure u made it urself?? Wink

or did ....
Marston
Err, the whole thing is a sliced image? It takes a few seconds to load. I suggest replicating it with HTML and CSS.
Blaster
I don't like the image. It is too big and with slow internet it makes your page go slow. My page even goes slow with what I have.
faker
try to cut your picture into pieces to ease the loading of your website. it really loads slow when people have slow connection
krazycapital
Slice it up a bit more. Other than that, great!
7gts-scout
thanks for your comments, I try to improve it more..thx Cool
ml
please increase the font-size of 'Main Navigation', 'Request Here' and so on.
its hard to read in ff 1.5.0.1 because te letters are sticking to one another
7gts-scout
It suppossed to stick to each other...check the CSS...
Quote:
h1 {
font-size: 10px;
color: #CCCCCC;
text-align:right;
line-height:11px;
letter-spacing:-1px;
margin:0px;
border-bottom:1px solid #CCCCCC;
}

Should i change it? Embarassed Sad
sprinqles
Really cool layout! I'm not really into those kind of layouts but yours had struck me the most. Really good layout!

I just hope you can change the 'under constructing...' to 'Under Construction' so its more grammatically correct. Aside from that everythings great! Smile Keep it up and keep us posted if ever you'll be doing new layouts or graphics. Smile
engeland
nice layout!

Im too not into anime, but im a photoshop freak. So i think yours stand out

good job man
AhmedSalmanJamal
Your artwork is fascinating, layout is intriguing...however performance is quite slow...HCI not considered...Overall great potential but long way to go... All the best Smile
TurkishGamer
I think that this layout is very good. Just a few side-notes:

-->The color for the links in the Links and affliates aren't showing up.You better change the colors of it

-->The subdomain uni.cc is shown instead of net.tc (I don't know if you really care)

-->The right middle section is too empty.I think you should add some stuff there.

-->Opinion-I don't really like the font for the menu names likes Main Navigation, Request Here, Links/Affliates, ...I think the you should either change the font or make it a little bigger
7gts-scout
I don expect so many good comments...this is just my 4th layout I made... Embarassed Cool

I'm kinna busy and no time for webby...lots of events going on in my school... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
-->The color for the links in the Links and affliates aren't showing up.You better change the colors of it

-->The subdomain uni.cc is shown instead of net.tc (I don't know if you really care)

-->The right middle section is too empty.I think you should add some stuff there.

-->Opinion-I don't really like the font for the menu names likes Main Navigation, Request Here, Links/Affliates, ...I think the you should either change the font or make it a little bigger

I don't know why links doesn't showed up... Shocked
And yea... the subdomain uni.cc is shown instead... The reason why I did like that cause I can manage my domain easier... .net.tc is just to redirect to my main domain. If my main domain is changed, i can change the setting of .net.tc to redirect to the changed domain.
And right section is empty...as i said...i'm busy for webby now...

Thanks for your opinion...i'll make the header font size bigger.
ajs089
I think the image may be a bit too big for some of us trying to connect via dial-up. You don't need collosal images in webdesign if they aren't necessary.

However, if you still want to keep the image, then I suggest you slice it up, like some people have said.

And, in my opinion, I think you could experiment with more variations of font sizes, font colors, and even backgrounds of selected pieces of content.

But on a positive note, good work. Your layout reflects a lot of hard work. Nice job.
Donutey
very nice layout

the one thing I disliked was the small size of the text for the menus, you can enlarge it in a modern browser (like firefox) but a lot of people don't know that.
photographerguy
Your graphics are excellent, but very slow load time. Maybe try and compress image more??? Other than that, I like it. None of the links or navigation works, I'd like to see what you have planned (rollover color change, etc) I like it.