FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

For Fast Easy Site Layouts

tready29483
Try designing your layouts in Fireworks, then web slice it and export to Dreamweaver. Those 2 programs have saved me a ton of design time. Fireworks will even help you create drop down nav buttons.
jabapyth
What is fireworks?
Some other web design program?
Confused
salman_500
jabapyth wrote:
What is fireworks?
Some other web design program?
Confused

well you see... fireworks is a graphice design program.....i never used it..but it is good to use if ur usin dreamweaver for ur websites....

you can get it if u purchase the whole "Studio" pack of macromedia...
it includes the following:
1) dreamweaver
2) flash
3) freehand
4) fireworks

and maybe other things too... don't really remember...

besides....i recomend you use "Adobe Photoshop" for web designing....its fast, easy, simple with the best results..... try the latest versions....
krazycapital
I find studio works better. It has way more design tools and options. I like fireworks and Gimp combined more than Photoshop. Or Quark (If you don't know what it is, don't ask) You can also do flash with studio. Also here is the list of what comes with Sudio 8
Fireworks
Flash
Dreamwever
Homesite
Coldfusion
Css Something???
Contribute
Flashpaper (.pdf maker)
ezekiel_rage
when designing a web layout, i usually follow these steps:

1. I first make a rough sketch of the layout in paper. that way i can save time by being able to "see" the layout i have in mind even before i start.

2. I then do it in photoshop, adding details and tweking it until i am satisfied.

3. afterwards i show the design to a couple of people who's not really into design, just to see how a casual web surfer would react to it.

4. then i create it in dreamweaver.
sprinqles
I also do what ezekiel_rage does but I don't use dreamweaver. I rather use notepad and html in coding the layout because I'm not yet used to using dreamweaver, etc. I'll download a trial of Firework before I buy so I can see if I'll be comfortable working with it. Smile
salman_500
i dont do things on paper first... although i tried it and i sill have the designs on paper.... i never folow em....... im good at paper but not at photoshop... so i can t get what i really want which leaves me dissapointed....... what i do is just sit in front with the blank photoshop page in front... just move things around add stuff and i get an idea.... as i move on a whole theme is created... and believe me ithink the outcome worths the work.....

i currently make like 1 theme a day..... for my site ..... sites not open yet... but will be when i have enof themes for a start..