FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Riddlers Revenge. Win frih$50

Empire
tehehehehe I'm the Riddler! I will give out riddles and u must figure them out. The First one to figure it out is awarded frih$50. Let's get started!

Always Smiles

Always smiles or maybe frowns,

Sinks in water, never drowns.

Catches prey on its barbed teeth.

Hunts all day but never eats.

I'll give u major credit if u can figure this out. Actually 50 credits... well frih$s

NOTE: ANYONE THAT PMs ME GET'S DISQUALIFIED!!!
Nocturnis
Don't PM you so I assume post here?
Well OK... here's my answer: a fishook.
Empire
Oh, that's a surprise! YOU GOT IT absolutely RIGHT!!! *thinks of a new riddle*.

Mod edit: There's no need for bad language. And you can get into serious trouble for trying to bypass the word filters. So don't
Scorpio
Hey that was damn easy..

Well, the early bird gets the worm.

Damn..... Evil or Very Mad
Empire
NEXT RIDDLE

Lewis Dodgson was hired for the position of master logitician to teach a course for 35 weeks. Apon being hired, he was offered two options for his wages. The first option was a base wage of $550 with a 10% wage increase every two weeks. The second option was a $525 base wage with a 5% increase every week. The wage is paid biweekly and is equal to the wage earned at the start of each week divided in two. He thought quickly and his wage at the end wif the 5% increase would only be $2758 while if he took the 10% increase it would be 2779.96. Since the 10% wage had the higher starting and ending wage, he choose it. He was promptly fired. Why?
Assiez
I'm not going to do the math behind what I'm going to say since it's 1am for me and my brain's shut off.

But I am willing to bet that he made an error with his computation. He failed to take into account that the 10% raise is every TWO weeks while the other is every week. Not considering growth rates, 35 weeks would mean he gets 17 raises for 10% but 35 raises at 5%. And since the 5% raises happen more often, his income would grow faster, sure he'll earn less the first couple of weeks, but by the end, the 5% should be more.

So he was fired, who wants a "master logitician" who has no logic?
Empire
WRONG!!!!!

HINT: The Word "WIF"