FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are one night stand's wrong?

carl005
I met a girl this weekend at a party. I have known her from before from another party I saw her at this fall and I kinda picked up some vibes from her. I've only seen her once between last fall and this past weekend and I don't really know who she is. We were all sitting around the room and someone was passing out coushins because most of us were on the floor, she invited me to sit next to her. We had a couple beers, grabbed a blanket and started makingout. Didn't get much past second base because people were all around. She seems nice and it seemed like that all she was interested in was that one night. Seeing her isn't really feesible because she goes to a different school about an hour away. It's always okay just to havea little fun, right?
Soulfire
Well, according to my morals and values, no, it is not "right." But the term "right" is highly subjective. What's right to me might be wrong to someone else. You won't get far asking other people, because it's your morals and your choices.
Scorpio
Maybe ,maybe not. It is highly selective .

In my opinion it is not very right, but all of us do get excited, right?

Sometimes we may not be able to express restraint but we must try our best.

It is just one nite of fun they say.
Its alright to have fun but not at other people's expense, for example say, she has a BF, and she may be cheating on him, even if it is for a night.
Garnet
I think it's fine provided you both know what's going on. If she gets that that's all it is, and it's safe and all that, go for it.
Kaneda
Garnet, scorpio and Soulfire in combination pretty much said it all. It's for your own morals to judge. As for me, I see nothing wrong with it (or I'd be a hypocrite), as long as you both know what it's about, and as long as neither of you have a boy/girlfriend/is married/worse Wink (and - when we're talking more than "just" making out - as long as the other things that apply to sex in all situations are in order).
filmeroz
Well there is always a problem with right and wrong...

From my point of view 1night stands are oki as long as both us us know it is going to be like that and do not give false hopes just to get to bed.

I believe in love but i also believe in sexual needs. True that not all of us have this sexual needs, but somedo. So as long as things are clear from the begining then i thik it is oki:)

Al
altikris
exactly, if both parties understand what is happening and dont get false hope, but there is always one which hopes it might lead to more. And i dont see anything wrong with two single people making out....at least i dont see it as a one night stand by any means....i thought we were talking about something more serious
Mason11987
carl005 wrote:
I met a girl this weekend at a party. I have known her from before from another party I saw her at this fall and I kinda picked up some vibes from her. I've only seen her once between last fall and this past weekend and I don't really know who she is. We were all sitting around the room and someone was passing out coushins because most of us were on the floor, she invited me to sit next to her. We had a couple beers, grabbed a blanket and started makingout. Didn't get much past second base because people were all around. She seems nice and it seemed like that all she was interested in was that one night. Seeing her isn't really feesible because she goes to a different school about an hour away. It's always okay just to havea little fun, right?

asking for an answer to a morality question on a message board is a crapshoot, regardless of what you want to hear, you won't hear it, or you only will with other stuff. Don't even bother honestly. If you feel that it is right, then I think that's enough. Noone was hurt, so I would say it's fine, but that's my morals, so who knows.
TearAlchemist001
Right and wrong are relative to the person's beliefs. I personally think that it's wrong, but if you think it's not, I really can't stop you.
brilliantbeauty
As a girl, whose friends, depending on which one, have both been drawn into serious depression to the point of emo poetry and to those who love a bit of fun, I must say the latter for me. Now, while I am in no way attempting to guide your morals, I think its personally fine.

Everyone, including females, enjoys fun with no strings attached so long as they are PERFECTLY clear on teh "no strings attached" part

HEnce, make sure before having your fun, that you both know that you may never see each other again. Then, make sure you have protection. Smile
nunosilva
don't think it's bad... It's good if you don't want nothing serious, no compromises...
take your precautions too... Wink
thiamshui
i personally feel that it is wrong.. it does seem immoral.. however though, if both parties are willing, there is nothing wrong.. it all depends on what you believe in..

however, you must do the necessary precautions.. if you engage in it with multiple partners, you are susceptible to sexually-transmitted diseases.. better be safe than sorry..
innercity
I can have no sense !
sush
Lucky you, I've always believed such girls are hard to come by Wink

Anyway as long as you both don't mind, who else matters? Just make sure you play it safe!

Don't ask about RIGHT or WRONG. What sort of answer would you expect anyway? Go on with it if your mind (or whatever) takes you, or run away if it stops you. Why fuss Very Happy

Enjoy,
Sushant
dandan
It's relativity =) No one can say whether 'one night stands' are 'right' or 'wrong'. It can be both true.
Like a person with Christian values might say it is wrong but also on the other hand, a person with the values given by our modern contemporary Western society might say it is 'right'. It depends on your religious values, culture, and society.
But in my opionion, I would say it's wrong. Smile
arch23
I used to think they are, but now i'm not so sure.
if everything is safe (HIV, pregnancy), both sides want the same thing, and the expectations are clear so it's ok to experience. time can't be rolled back, we need to live life now...
bluffmango
i think its not right
Tvis
I think it is totally right. But like said before, when you both know what is going on. It will be a different story if one of the two has more feelings and the other is using that. But if both have the intention to have some "fun", yeah go ahead, you have my blessing...
Subsonic Sound
I would say as long as both people are consenting adults, there's very little that's actually wrong. Just so long as you're both aware that a one-night stand is all it is.

That said - even believing that, one-night stands don't interest me. I want emotional context. I prefer relationships. Much more happiness, in the long run.
tolgaozbek
With the moral I have I wouldn't do that even she wants. I am no holy but I think it is disgusting to have a one night stand..
Caesar_
it depends... one night stand doesn't always have to end with sex... but it is like a fun activity... without feelings or anything... just pleasure... it might be wrong to some people... to some people is not... depends how you think about it... sometimes it happens you want a one night stand and you get stuck with the person you are doing it... Smile but that happens rarely...
Greatking
Well by moral it is wrong. The real question here is that you must be feeling some kind of remorse or guilt in your mind. On the other hand you had a couple of bears you must have been way ahead of yourself and things went that way. Sometimes things might seem right in your eyes but might be wrong to someone and also it might seem wrong but right to someone. How you feel the first time when you endulge in an act determines the actual moral behind it. So how did you feel the first time. My guess is "BAD" thats why you want a second opinion, otherwise you would not have considered it to be having fun.
Noremac
It's not wrong.
Are you religious? Do you owe your body to a particular person? Was the other party happy to do it?
If so it was harmless.
I think about it this way, I'm not ready to settle down, and I have the same sexual urges as everyone else. If I explore everything now then I wont be curious when its time to settle down.
In some ways its a good thing, I think if certain people were a bit more relaxed on matters of casual sex than it would lead to less cheating. Anyway it just comes down to whether or not your comfortable.
ese87
nope, its not wrong... we all need "loving" so to speak... I dont believe that someones mentality should be stuck on getting one night stands... but to keep your mind and everything happy... why not! Cool Cool
missdixy
There are way too many diseases and God-knows-what-else out there -- I much rather just have sex only with someone I'm in a relationship with.
Noremac
Diseases Dischmeases.
I guess we could just live in a bubble, not eat junk food, drink alchohol or ride a public bus.
I guess I'm an optimist.
Is the glass half empty or half full?
As long as you play it safe and concentrate on the good things, you enjoy life.
Insanity
In regards to if it is morally wrong to have a one night stand... I don't think so. As long as both parties concerned know the consequences, and realize what they're doing, there isn't really anything wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with it legally either, as long as there are two consenting adults. Of course, there might be a problem if you consider the potential risks (STDs, etc) involved, but hey, if you take these into consideration, then all power to you.
Dean_The_Great
One night stands are not wrong at all if both parties realize it's a one night stand and are okay with that. Now, I'd make sure to use protection, and you also have to make sure you trust the person enough that they're not lying to you about their STD situation. But in most cases I'm sure it's fine.
Da Rossa
carl005 wrote:

No problem at all by having an one-night stand. Just mind the following:

• Take her phone number and call her in the following morning, and talk to her with a gentle voice, saying that you liked the night you spent with her;
  • Use condom(s);
  • Do not force her doing things she's not comfortable with;
  • Do not say "who are you" when she shows up saying "I'm pregnant".
  • Do not take advantage of the situation in any ways. Do not show off to your buddies.
peaceupnorth
Generally I've found "one night stands" to be kind of pointless and unfulfilling. Maybe it was just that I was really wanting more than orgasms... some feeling...

I don't drink anymore because I worked as a bartender and I found it really disgusting watching people drunk senseless working each other for eventual meaningless sex. Not a pretty sight night after night.

Find someone you care about, would be my advice. The sex is much better that way, and you get snuggling every day to boot!
soljarag
Da Rossa wrote:
carl005 wrote:

No problem at all by having an one-night stand. Just mind the following:

• Take her phone number and call her in the following morning, and talk to her with a gentle voice, saying that you liked the night you spent with her;
  • Use condom(s);
  • Do not force her doing things she's not comfortable with;
  • Do not say "who are you" when she shows up saying "I'm pregnant".
  • Do not take advantage of the situation in any ways. Do not show off to your buddies.

ha, great advice
ptfrances
Yes really important advices if we want to practice one night stand
Wink
Chinmoy
ya anything is fine as long as you both have consent and keep it safe.
manlear
Soulfire wrote:
Well, according to my morals and values, no, it is not "right." But the term "right" is highly subjective. What's right to me might be wrong to someone else. You won't get far asking other people, because it's your morals and your choices.

I agree with him. I believe in having fun. But if your going to have sex with them i think you should be sure it is the person your going to stay with.