FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pokemon!

hanay
I'm shocked to see that no one has posted anything about POKEMON yet!

I ABSOLUTELY love pokemon!

Here is a list of my favourite pokemon!

BULBASAUR
IVYSAUR
VENUSAUR
KAKUNA
BEEDRILL
PIDGEY
ARBOK
PIKACHU
RAICHU
SHELLDER
CLOYSTER
GASTLY

I just have to catch them all! If I don't then I guess I'll move out of my parents house and find a job and a life, but I don't see that happening anytime soon!
Blaster
I will take it you are younger. That is most likely why. There are not that many kids youger then 10 here.
hanay
Sarcasm- Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, a situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous manner and sometimes expressed through particular vocal intonations. Sarcasm is often expressed in ironical statements. It can sometimes be the sincerest form of discourse for the emotionally fragile. This is often done by simply over-emphasizing the actual statement, or particular words of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
TurkishGamer
I don't think its Blaster's mistake.You acted (wrote) pretty seriously on that post and that there were nothing to indicate that you were using sarcasm.
exarkun
Hey man, we are dicussing pokemon here Wink I am above 10 years old, but still take a liking to pokemon(although not watching as often because life is busy Laughing ) There are series coming out very often. As for their games(emerald version, ruby version), I played only if I had excessive time.
driftingfe3s
I watched pokemon for a bit when I was into the game. The stupid anime never really progresses and the stupid same stuff keeps hapenning.
hanay
Let me reitterate for everyone (beings that they can't fully read and/or comprehend my original post)

Quote:
I just have to catch them all! If I don't then I guess I'll move out of my parents house and find a job and a life, but I don't see that happening anytime soon!

Let me emphasise one sentence for everyone, just to be sure I get my point across:

If I don't then I guess I'll move out of my parents house and find a job and a life...

C'mon people, how much clearer must I be?
TeK
The first season of Pokemon was good in my oppinion. After that the series pretty much fell off of a cliff...
crazykamel
I agree with tek. The game has brought a new concept, even though it has been over-exploited...
deprimido
I felt that pokemon was something new and enjoyable at first, a good game to watch/kill time, however they have killed it by constantly adding new pokemon, new worlds, and new whatevers. It confuses and ruins the entire theme, and makes itself seem rather pathetic.
hanay
I agree with you, completely, deprimido.
bercha
haha.. if my friend sees it.. he probably has lot of things to say about it
chi-zu
Haha lol. ^^ I've watshed the first season of pokémon when I was like... 10? But I really loved the gameboy games xD haha
OtakuBoi
1 - the gameboy games pwnt
2 - the card game pwnt (even no no one actually played, they just "caught them all, stupid marketing schemes)
3 - the whole thing sucked after they implimented the "Joto Journeys" and "Pokemon Neo"
Guyon
While the Pokemon card game may be nearly dead. I have the fondest memories of taking my little girls around to the shops to play tournaments every Sunday. She learned to read just because of Pokemon, and now excels in it years later.
While the games has faded, my memories have not.
diddle
Oh man. I remember when pokemon first aired. People were like addicted to it, prob even more then cigs or beer. The show was awsome about 5 years ago, when I was younger, but now it just seems to repeat itself. They fight battles and win badges. They have meaningless adventures that sometimes seem exactly the same as previous adventures. They fight in a league with the badges they won. The season is over. Then they leave and go for more badges. More fighting. Its kinda like Dragonball Z. How they fight, lose, win, its over, fight, lose, win, its over. The only thing that I've noticed that different in the new episodes on the WB (only saw like 3), they have some kind of contest that they do or something and there are different pokemon. I liked this show more then life when I was younger, but now its just plain gay Sad
alkady
Well Pokemon is quite old, I'm still suprised they still make episodes for the serie, Right now I think they are in season 9 in the US and in Japan season 10-11. To my suprise Pokemon is still popular in Japan and the US and they still have Pokemon Conventions.
exarkun
Don't ever forget that most of the kids love pokemon, and that is where it will continue to thrive since adults are getting tired of it now. Wink
CMA
There's only one way to sum this up.

The games came first. They were good.
The anime came after. It was okay.
New games were released. They pwnd even harder.
The anime continues. It sucks harder.
New games. Major pwn.
More anime. Teh suck. ("teh" was intentional, in case you didn't get it).

....and it keeps going like this.

Seriously, I hate the anime, but the games are still addicting, though a bit lacking in plot.
ahmad
Pokemon became so popular in a very short time on Egypt
lot of kids like it .
diddle
wasnt there a banned episode of pokemon that cause like 700 kids in japan to get seizures and throw up? I remember seeing that..... it was wierd.
vaoger
i like pokemon... when i was 12.. something... but now....
not any more... coz as i grow up... i reliase that its is imposible to have a monster and fight or be as a pet... except in game... or dream.... OR else... it is imposible to happen...

but i still like move of the pokemon monster exspecialy the YAwn..... coz it look sleepy all day long..... a bit like mine behavior.... #YAWN#....

hope you guy enjoy... be as a pokemon traniner....
diddle
yeah i don't really like it anymore..... the anime sucks and the games are pretty much exactly the same, so w/e.
Manzoku-kan
I think the first 150 Pokemon are quite ok. They look very nice, but all the others are ugly. As I saw them I ask myself: What the hell is this? And how could the creator do something like this? Brick wall

However I don't think the games are especially good. Maybe the first one because of the new game style. Even thought it became boring after I've defeated the third "master" or however you call it. No story and no character interaction like love story or friendship. Therefore the others continuation are boring because they are the same.

The anime was quite funny... the first section. After it I found it very ugly. Why Team Rocket has always to be hurted even without any reason? Do they find it funny see them live in sorrow and pain? I found it pity how they've tried to find food any times and failed -.-'. How cruel -.-'.

But it's almost the same with any continuation. They are stupid and not worth to see.
mantasx
I'm 13 now, I always hated pokymon Exclamation Mad
CodeBreaker
I like pokemon because I like puke!
tolgaist
i like pokemons can u tell me which web site can i play pokemon or download pokemon game?pls help me
NewGuyinTown
Pokemon anime is good for while... before WB release the second half of show... Like all long anime series, the story/anime gets boring. Like Bleach and Naruto, it was good for the first 30 episodes and quickly become some of the worst.
Maku
i liked pokemon because there where cute Smile
but then they made more and more pokemon...
and the new ones are ugly ok most off them some are still cute...
now i like digimon better Razz
screamingdecay
hanay wrote:
I'm shocked to see that no one has posted anything about POKEMON yet!

I ABSOLUTELY love pokemon!

Here is a list of my favourite pokemon!

BULBASAUR
IVYSAUR
VENUSAUR
KAKUNA
BEEDRILL
PIDGEY
ARBOK
PIKACHU
RAICHU
SHELLDER
CLOYSTER
GASTLY

hahah cool show indeed. PIKAAA Razz
Theopolo
I dont like pokemon at all. Here in Finland its not so popular program.
xposeit
ACK.
POKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMON

i so totally love pokemon.
everything from the shows to the games to the movies.
love it.. Razz
eku53ru
I was ten years old when the program got to my country. I fell in love with it instantly, just as many other kids my age did - it was something strange and new, just like the introductions of Sailor Moon and Dragonball.

However, it's been seven years since then and I've grown out of it. The ongoing seasons thing is really bugging me; Satoshi just goes on adventure after adventure (and nothing really gets done, except for badges and such). I still play the games from time to time, but I don't watch the anime anymore.
Guyon
Well my daughter has long out grown Pokemon, but she and her friends sill have an interest in Sailor Moon. Mostly the cartoon, and books, but drawing them as well.

If you have not played the Sailor Moon CCG, look in to it. The game is VERY well made and much better strategy then Pokemon or Yugioh. In fact it won CCG of the year at Gencon. Even over Magic! Look on ebay for it as the price now is much cheaper then when we bought it. there is also 2 sets. Make sure you buy a box of booster set 1 or at lest some starters, as you can not play with just the cards form booster set 2.
Wd64
I will play Pokemon Sapphire if I am extremely bored or charged like Pikachu (PIKAAA!!)

Pokemon is fairly lame but I did enjoy it at the age of 12 when it was popular Razz

Welliottdude
kaitchu
pokemon is good show Smile So are the games Smile
dunkeydrunk
lol pokemons are cute and funny but i dont like the games
dz9c
Yo, pokemon is the man. I used to play allllllll the time. Good times good times...
tokar86a
Hello

Are we going to start a owe pokemon site?
Whong
Theopolo wrote:
I dont like pokemon at all. Here in Finland its not so popular program.

It used to be, but then all of a sudden people just started telling its a small kids programme and that it isn't supposed to watch if you're older like 12!
I wonder why people here in Finland think that it is childish to watch cartoons Evil or Very Mad

I don't see anything harmful in watching cartoons! I'd rather watch cartoons whole day long rather than 24, CSI or Days of our lives! I like comedy, like Love and Marriage, All in the Family.

Cartoons in my opinion shoulden't be ment for only small kids like 5 - 12, but for way older. I'm never going to stop watching cartoons, I don't watch them really that often, but if I happen to see that some cartoons coming on TV, I usually tend to watch it! Laughing

Idea
speedlikecy
my young brother also very like pokemon...
i also have play the pokemon on gameboy
Klaker
Pokemon would make a amazingly popular anime if it was aimed at the older crowd, with more mature themes. The program is so kid-oriented it's disgusting. The idea behind Pokemon is so awesome though, i wish things would have been different.
Tex_Arcana
diddle wrote:
wasnt there a banned episode of pokemon that cause like 700 kids in japan to get seizures and throw up? I remember seeing that..... it was wierd.

Actually the whole series started out with a lot of bright flashing colors during the fight scenes. After they realized that those effects would induce epilectic seizures in kids prone to epilepsy they had to re-edit the entire first season to take out the flashing colors. Of course by the time Pokemon made it to the rest of the world the seizure inducing effects were long gone (but not the comma inducing plot).

On April 1st (April Fools Day) of this year the web site Anime Source had a special banner in the header of the site featuring Piccachu with a bright red and yellow flashing background. As to be expected, there were a lot of posts that day complaining of seizures.
schwa
I like to play the games of them (because some are RPG's), but the cartoon and the books are childish. But then again, I'm 16. So, I wouldn't be wasting my time on Pokemon (sorry if that's offensive)
Wael
Ok it´s pretty good i suppose!
lindsaylohan
I think just that pokemon is little children's show. Razz
mr.emre
one child watched pokemon, and he jumped from the window.

so pokemon is prohibition, in turkey.
Guyon
It had to have some good points to become such a craze. Unfortunately over saturation kills anything. I will always remember do that with my kids as they grew up (cards, figures, and TV show), and I hope they remember spending time with there dad.
Tatsumaru
Pokemon holds some nostalgic value for me. I can't watch it anymore (my toes cringe now haha), but I know I loved it a few years ago. I miss the (gameboy) games though, those were actually good and fun to play.

I remember Sandslash was my favorite pokemon.
efsane
hýmm
pokemon was my favourite anime
is
will ....

I love pokemon . I remember I got up 7.30 and watched every days.

But now there isn't Turkey Sad

I hope Restart begin
dadaj
My frend and I we play pokemon card.I like pikachu very much it so funny pika pika pikachu Laughing
rpgmaker
i love pokemon ever since the first time i playedit. I still play it now. There is a new pokemon game coming out as well. IT is where your the pokemon instead of the trainer, it is going to be awesome. I like lugia it is my favorite of them all next to mewtwo. I hope Pokemon always stays big and will never get lost Smile
ddukki
I ... *cough* still play Pokemon ... What? There's nothing better to do when you have ... nothing better to do ... I would be playing MMORPG's, but ... damn Firewall ...
ballista06
If you love pokemon so much why not join me in online competetion!

It is not like the gameboy versions oh no man, Your basic tool here is to predict, you get to choose from all the pokemon available so far and make a team of 6 then go to battle other people all over the world, also chat. why not come and join me you can download it here, www.pokerealm.net