FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TV Addiction: It's not our fault shows have gotten better ;]

zanzou
Has anyone else noticed that tv seems to have gotten better? Or if not better, more addictive?

The last few years have given us (which I watch):

House
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
Prison Break
Supernatural
Numb3rs
Criminal Minds
Veronica Mars
Doctor Who (9th & 10th Doctors)

:/ That's what I can think of just off the top of my head, too. So is tv getting better, or have they just learned to market to my age group? (18, female, aka lots of hot men :D)
rip8fan1
They must market to your 'group'. I don't watch any of those shows, and I have not seen anything on TV worth watching for a few years now.

I'm more into sit-coms, and haven't found one worth watching since 'Seinfeld' left the airwaves.
zanzou
I haven't noticed any good sitcoms, really.... Friends was okay, but got worse as it got to the end, and... uuh... That's about all I can think of. xD;

I was never into sitcoms for more than vague background noise.
Michael Wilson
Boston Legal is probably the funniest show on Tv at the moment. Try to limit it to

Lost - download as New Zealand is 8 weeks behind
Boston Legal
Pardon the interuption
Kenny vs Spenny
Desperate house wives
zanzou
XD Are you saying Lost is a sitcom? Or that it's just *that* good?
selim06
i don't watvh them...Actually i don't watch TV regularly...i love internet so i have no more free time...
benji2
i disagree i think tv has gotten worse.

the only shows that i have been really addicted to in the last few years are
big brother
lost
& Forever Eden
zanzou
I think there's been a huge influx of reality tv, but the new dramas are really good. :D

There's a tendency in shows now to have character-driven shows-- House, Numb3rs, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, etc are all examples of shows that have their genre (doctor, fbi, horror, doctor) but the real draw lies in the character interaction. :]
HoboPelican
zanzou wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that tv seems to have gotten better? Or if not better, more addictive?

The last few years have given us (which I watch):

House
Lost

(Rant follows)
Am I the only one on this board who thinks Lost is terrible? I watch it every week, but i really hate myself for doing it. Those are the dumbest people on the face of the Earth and if I was stranded with them, I think murder would be justifiable. In what reality would a group allow one guy to steal all the med supplies? Sawyer would be a dead man. And every time something important happens, instead of passing the info along, everyone tries to hide it. Arrrgh!

Push a button every few hours? Why? Who cares, do it! The new guy might be a spy? Torture him just in case! Prove he's with the others! Oh, now I'll kill him, instead of getting info...Aw, it just drives me crazy.

Yeah, I watch it, but it's like a car wreck. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't stop....

(End Rant)

Great Sitcoms!
2 and a half men
Scrubs
My Name is Earl
How I met your Mother ? still deciding.