FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Future FriHost April Fool's Day Suggestions

izcool
Hey everyone,

I'm laughing at what Bondings did this year with April Fool's Day here on the forums (the colored posts that are difficult to read, with the logo change), so I thought about suggesting a couple of ideas that I've used for my website a few years ago, when I was still with it.

One year I changed all of the users' login information to make it seem like they were logged in the Admin account (just changed the heading to show universal text instead of a variable with their username in it), and that created a lot of people wondering what's going on. Razz

The next year I found a tiny JavaScript CSS code to invert the ENTIRE LAYOUT of the site, where I described it as that the site needed more "pizzaz" to it. I took a screenshot of the site that year and will post it below to demonstrate :

(I am no longer with the site that's shown above, I sold it and I am no longer in charge of it or own it. If anyone was interested, the website address to it is - http://www.giropets.net/ ).

The code for the above is really simple :

Code:

<style type='text/css'>
<!--
body{
filter: invert;
}
//-->
</style>

What other kinds of things should Bondings should consider doing for upcoming April Fools Days ?

I know that this thread may be pointless as people reading the forums might know what to expect for future years here, but this will probably be one of the last pages by that time where no one will dare to go back that far to read them.

- Mike.
James007
I think... There will be a lot of ideas then. Very Happy

People, you get one year to think of something.

3 2 1... Go!
madsencarl
Well, I went on a few NBA media sites that were "shut down due to legal issues", along with some torrent sites that were seized by the FBI...
n0obie4life
madsencarl wrote:
Well, I went on a few NBA media sites that were "shut down due to legal issues", along with some torrent sites that were seized by the FBI...

Eheheh, that was one of our plans too Very Happy
alkady
This reminds me of the GameFaq April Fool Prank, The Anti-Cheating Association, The next one should be a Privacy Group shutting frihost down.

You Can Post, But You Can't Hide.

Or You've been Drafted to the United States Armed Posters. America Needs You and a Picture of Uncle Frihost saying, I want you to post.
gh0stface
alkady wrote:
This reminds me of the GameFaq April Fool Prank, The Anti-Cheating Association, The next one should be a Privacy Group shutting frihost down.

You Can Post, But You Can't Hide.

Or You've been Drafted to the United States Armed Posters. America Needs You and a Picture of Uncle Frihost saying, I want you to post.

haha when I visited that site, I was like wtf?! What happened!

But yes people, it is your time to shine! Throw some ideas out for next April Fool's Day Wink
Blaster
Have frihost say it is shutting down. That would scare people. Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
Tell 'em that frihost has been shut down by the Chinese government.
Then provide a link to "The People's Hosting Forum (PHF)"
Unfortunately, anything that is suggested in this topic will be anticipated.
juninho_14
Blaster wrote:
Have frihost say it is shutting down. That would scare people. Twisted Evil

agreed ...

Shocked but not for real plz hehehe

the admin could just say the we had lost our webspace and all our data...

can you imagine that?! ohhh better not to.. lol

[]s
n0obie4life
Heheheh, you don't have to worry about next year's April Fools. We'll figure out our own Razz
Liu
2 Years ago on the DDRFreak forums, they gave all the users moderator powers on the forums. We could delete, edit messages, nearly everything we pleased. It was chaotically fun. The database was backed up and restored on April 2nd.

Last year they started a month early setting up an elaborate drama between moderators which resulted in having a couple of moderators banned which eventually led up to the banning of the site creator when one of the moderators seemingly hacked into the server. It was well planned enough that a lot of people believed it.

This year they converted all the text using ROT13.

Just some ideas. Wink