FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Short term server crashes?

bigzero
Since the server completely crashed and was brought back up again, I have noticed that I get a lot of 404 errors. They pop up every now and then and last for a couple minutes. If I wait and refresh the page after a while it starts working again. Just wondering if anyone else is haing the problem, or maybe it's been like that for a while. I'm a new hoster, so not really sure how it's been in the past. Sorry if this has already been addressed, I might have missed the post. Thank you. You guys are awesome.
Bondings
bigzero wrote:
Since the server completely crashed and was brought back up again, I have noticed that I get a lot of 404 errors. They pop up every now and then and last for a couple minutes. If I wait and refresh the page after a while it starts working again. Just wondering if anyone else is haing the problem, or maybe it's been like that for a while. I'm a new hoster, so not really sure how it's been in the past. Sorry if this has already been addressed, I might have missed the post. Thank you. You guys are awesome.

We used to have some problems like this (just not that common) during certain hours of the day, but I thought they were gone.

Anyway, I rescheduled a quite resource-intensitive cron job that was running arround the time you posted. I hope that will help a bit.
NuniPio
is it just me or do people usually get dropouts from their site? by dropouts i mean that the page doesnt load, or not all of it loads, but becomes normal after about 20s. ive been getting this problem on my forums not only from be but my members also experience this prob, has anybody else noticed this?
smartbei
Every once in a while this does happen to me as well. Also, I have noticed that Joomla will log me off from administrator after around a minute, max two, way before the 1500 seconds it is currently set at. Are these related?
ChrisCh
That's been happening to me as well, and occurs not just on my forums, but also on standard pages, Uebimail, SquirrelMail and in DirectAdmin.... so its pretty much the whole server! I read somewhere a while ago that it was said to expect short periods of unavailability... I can't remember why though!

Also to smartbei,
smartbei wrote:
Every once in a while this does happen to me as well. Also, I have noticed that Joomla will log me off from administrator after around a minute, max two, way before the 1500 seconds it is currently set at. Are these related?

This issue has already been discussed here.
4ndY
same problem here...

I've just installed Joomla, but i have a problem with login session - after min of few it automaticly log me off.

Does anyone know the reason?
alkutob
The same problem still happen with me from time to time ...

I really notice that a week ago and still untill today

Any comments ?

thank you
Bondings
Is it during certain hours of the day?

I got some emails from apache restarting every five minutes during like 2 hours today at like 11-12GMT. A resource intensive daily cron job (indexing) was just running causing a high load. I now removed that cron job. I hope this will help for the future.

Could you please tell me if this happens the whole day or at a few specific hours? This is really worrying me as it's much harder to spot and to find a solution than for a server crash or downtime. So I would really appreciate any more information about it.

(I also merged both the topics if someone is wondering)
4ndY
Bondings wrote:
Is it during certain hours of the day?
Could you please tell me if this happens the whole day or at a few specific hours? This is really worrying me as it's much harder to spot and to find a solution than for a server crash or downtime. So I would really appreciate any more information about it.

Its happening in this period of day (aprox. +/-2h) when is this post created. In other time it work fine...
NuniPio
yea it seems not be happening as much as it use to.. i would have no idea why tho.. Confused