FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOMAIN HELP AGAIN

Scorpio
I purchased a yahoo domain for $2.99.

In that apart from pointing the nameservers, there are other options like MX records, CName etc. I could not understand what they are for. Any modifications needed there too? Thank you

P.S. If you need names of other options pls tell i ll give them too
Animal
You should just need the nameservers - just don't forget to use domain pointers or to create your domain through Direct Admin or cPanel on Frihost.
Scorpio
I have created a domain using the option in DA.

Should I use a domain redirect from my yahoo! domain account to my website in frihost or is it not necessary?

Also, I would like to know how to change the existing paths

e.g. http://scorpio.frih.net/xyz.html

to http://mydomain.com/xyz.html etc.
Animal
If you use a domain redirect through Yahoo, you will type in www.yourdomain.com and that will redirect the traffic to www.yourdomain.frih.net and you won't be able to link to specific files using yourdomain.com.

If you want to use links and email addresses with yourdomain.com, you will need to log into DA and create a new domain. Call the domain "yourdomain.com" (obviously, without the quotes and use your actual domain) then transfer everything across from your .frih.net domain to this one. We don't recommend that you delete your primary frih.net account.

Once this is done, log into the Yahoo domain control panel and add the frihost name servers under DNS settings. This will then take between 4 and 24 hours to propagate across the web.

Once this is set up, you'll be able to create email accounts using you@yourdomain.com

Let me know if you need any more help and I'll see what I can do
Scorpio
Thanks my domain was activated in 1 Hour.

Anyway the domain is working well. I can actually see the DA page with the logo. So all that is left is to transfer the files and change the links.

I ll do that and ask you if I have any problems.

Thanks Animal.