FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does Money makes man happy?

cyberngef
Does Money makes man happy?I don't think that because more money makes people more beware of security.What you people think about it.Waiting for repleis.
Vrythramax
philosophically speaking, no...money can't/won't make men happy, the things we buy may make our lives a bit easier and we may perceive that as happiness. On the other hand, the lack of money can cause great distress and hardship, so it could be said that no money makes men unhappy.
Scorpio
I can say that having no money definitely makes a man unhappy but the same thing cannot be always true for the converse of the statement.

It is always nice to have lots of money.
Looking at life practically, money does change one's life, in many ways.

But if the person whose character is not changed even after his financial status changes is the true happy person
Excellence
Yes money can make hapyness. I mean, ur mother passed away, then wont be happy for a couple of weeks and then its over. Then ur happy again cuz you can afford anything you want!
DJHicks
for start sort this crap colouring out.......

i'd rather be miserable with money then without it haha!!!

but yes it can buy you all the things you want and more!
Srs2388
Money has always made me happier
I can buy more things
i can buy my girl more things *im only happier if she is happier*
if you get my drift lol
manumiglani
yeah, thats right money really makes one happy. But there are persons who are happy with no money and there are people who are very unhappy with lots of money. It depends on the person only. But I do beleive that money has a lot of power.
menhao
absolutely not,
we could say that if you own big amount of money, you could buy something for you and others to make you feel happy, yet not every happiness could be brought with money, for example, you feel happy when you met your lover, you feel happy when have a good dream, you feel happy when you win a game, these could not be bought, arent they?
rightclickscott
I really hate it when noobs try to do philisopical threads. Personally, being a communist liberal, money will be the downfall of society. With capitalism running rampant, people with money have power over people who don't, and that really doesn't equal power out between everyone. Not only that, but lobbyists are douchbags.
soulman
you're happy when you feel somthing let you happy -->

you can seek happy by seek this *something* that can make you happy -->

you can buy most of the *something* when you sought it. -->

money can let you buy it -->

yes, *most of the times* money can let you happy....
rhworld
Money does not make me happy as i am not a capitalist!
silentpark
money can make you happy, with your standard of living, but it think the border is thick so its not able to do much more!

i think that most of us can say/or should know (not learn!) that most of us enjoy a high standard of living.

but money to make men finally happy. happiness needs more than money, money just make some things easear...
rhworld
Nah it cant really, it only makes you look big when talking to friends and such like.
sky
Yes, it can make a man happy and money is very very important.. Money can buy almost anything, even 'TIME' itself..
bluffmango
Money is not really important .... its the satisfaction that one gets after he has done something thats watz important.... And money cant reallly buy everything
Code of Ruin
Money doesn't necessarily make people happy but it sure as hell get's people a lot more comfortable shape of unhappiness when I compare it to lying broke in the gutter.
Helios
Let's put it this way: One can be happy without money, but another can be happy with it.
myrevolt
Excellence wrote:
Yes money can make hapyness. I mean, ur mother passed away, then wont be happy for a couple of weeks and then its over. Then ur happy again cuz you can afford anything you want!

Uh...that doesn't seem very sympathetic.

I believe that money does not in fact "buy happiness" (note to self: stuff using those cliches/phrases, I got a D because of it). Certaintly lack of money can cause sadness, and the Great Depression is a prime example of this. However, you must realize money isn't everything. Sure it can provide food...and gifts for your significant other. But is your wealth, the items you show up, cars, houses, electronics, the source of happiness? No. I'll accept that happiness is many different things, to many different people. And maybe to some, the greedy, currency is all they live for. But as I look at the tender things in life, I think to myself, there must be something more important. It may be your girl/boy friend. It may be your pets. It maybe materialistic, like clothes or your coveted computer. One may say that it is a hormone balance. I don't really know, I don't think anyone really knows. But for the most part, the are better things in life than money. You can't take it with you afterall Wink

I'd rather have someone to love and that person to love me for who I am. And then I'll be happy Razz

BTW rainboxing is awesome Smile
hahame
this words style are beauterful
hahame
i am a man ,if i have more money ,i will have more friend. today money is the friendship .money can bring more things to u.althought u will lost something ,it is value
hive
Hehe...why the letters are so colorfull??

Well, I think money isn't 100% but it is 99% of our lifes...
Money can buy freedom of mobility and a more optative 'free will'. So yes, money can buy happyness, but not all kind of happyness
Dustin
Yes, money does make people happy...very happy as that random artist said
"money dont buy me happyness, but i'm happyest when i can buy what i want...any time that i want"

That is how i feel about money and happyness
faker
actually money makes everyone, may would say money can't buy happiness and that there is no use having 1 billion dollars and have no one to share with. thos are the issues that people argue when they are rich, poor fellas like me T_T thinks money can buy happiness, well at least it buys me things that will make me happy....

according to the Pew research centre 24 % of the people earning 30k and below thinks that they are happy, while 33% of the 30k to under 75k earning families is happy, also 75k to 100k earning consists of 38% of happy families, lastly families earning 100k and above has a rating of 49%.

Bottom of the line is that the richer u get the happier you are ^^
Soulfire
While humans, by nature, are greedy... it may give us some superficial satisfaction, but it really can't buy hapiness. It can buy things to make you happy, but in the end, there's just certain things (such as relationships) that money can't buy. The best things in life are free.
jostor
I'll rather cry in a Ferrari than in a shed.
faker
Laughing its true, the worst thing one can become is to be poor and sad, makes the world seem so ugly.
madsencarl
Vrythramax wrote:
philosophically speaking, no...money can't/won't make men happy, the things we buy may make our lives a bit easier and we may perceive that as happiness. On the other hand, the lack of money can cause great distress and hardship, so it could be said that no money makes men unhappy.

Money makes me happy what are you talking about?
shwetanshu
50 50 for me... depends on various factors
yisou
money is not everything!
but if i have much money
i can happy
krazycapital
No money makes people unhappy, TONS of money makes people very unhappy, and an average amount of mone makes people... be able to do things that makes them happy.
Tumbleweed
When I have lots of cash (occasionally this happens) I'm really only happy I have the money.......the stuff I get or do with it mostly seems to fade or become obsolete....so its pretty much the feeling, so I would answer Yes money does make you happy.
I also have had times where I have had little (this happens more often) money......in these times I fill my life with the things money cant buy, these things dont seem to fade as quick , but I would say I am just as happy so the answer is also No money does not make you happy.

I have a m8 from the Czech Rep , he was working with us (in the U.K) earning 4 times what he could earn at home.... he wasnt happy.

I would have to agree with the general feeling above its down to the individual and the circumstances or visa versa.
windval
i do not think money can do everything

however

in this world

you will have nothing when you have no money
90jeremy
I think that money does make happy and stuff, because in this world money is everything. Without money it would sucks. So the more money people have to better than feel.

So i guess you can say money makes people happy.
rainynightstarz
i have to say that money cant buy everything, but without money you can't buy anything.

It is always good to have suffient about of money you can spend and use and dont' have to worry about going bankrupt. Money can let you enjoy life more! and presue your dreams and hobbies!
alkady
This is a complex equation. No Money = Unhappy, Too Little Money = Still Unhappy, Enough Money = When the bill comes youll be unhappy, More than enough money = Still Unhappy because others have more, Too much money and you'd wish you never had that much.

No matter what, Youll still be unhappy because youll want more until you realize the truth.
cyberngef
Ya i think its equal because some are saying that money makes everything but some no.Even i think no.Waiting for more replies...
noir
Its hard to say, because the money itself isn't whats making us happy. Its the things we can do/get with it. In itself money is just totally useless.
LinktheMaster
Does money make us happy? I don't think so. The things we buy from money tend to well, "hold us over". It temporarily fills a little gap in us that would normally lead us to depression. Eventually that filling will break, and we need something to replace it, so we buy something else to fill it. Then it'll break. It's an endless cycle. Wink

The only thing that will fill that gap completely is usually something that we don't get tired off. That would be friends and family. Sappy stuff like that. Razz
selim06
I don't think so...some money may be but if you had so much money you will be in stress for security,to keep the money etc...And we can be happy without much money...An example if we payed for hosting Bondings would have a great wealth but the person like us and he needn't money to be happy Very Happy
leat397
I think it may make us happy but it shouldn't.
There are really many people happy just becuz they possess/ earns much money Crying or Very sad
speedlikecy
yes i will...
because maney can help me
can do many things
godam64
money can't makes human happy. we need some situation that we have alternative that we have to choose (opportunity cost) to makes this life more interesting and fun.

human basicly is a greedy creature. so, we will never have enough money. so, with a lot of money you'll makes this life unenjoyable Smile
Sebaci
You can't be happy without money, but money doesn't make you happy. You could be alone in the world, without friends, family, but with billiards of dollars. Then would you be happy? I don't think so
[FuN]goku
Well... maybe if you make fairly good money.. and you have enough for bills and have quite a bit left over for yourself then.. maybe.. but say if you won the lottery i think you'd get bored of shopping after a while..
the disturbed
i dont think money can physically make anyone happy, but it does help and like it or not reality ppl need money in order to survive to pay bills buy food... its a fact of life i just dont think you need a cerain amount in order to be happy
Ohsakm
Money can't give you hapiness, but it helps Very Happy
carlokes
Tecnically speaking, the world spins around money...everything (well almost) goes to where money goes...and you guys can bet you fortunes that money really brings happiness because you need money to go to school and college, you need money to pay the doctors (well you can wait 2 years to not to but ...it can be too late) , you need money to eat and you need money to be able to buy clothes...so i think its not a question of happiness , is a questions of need!

Well, thi is my opinium...
menhao
soulman wrote:
you're happy when you feel somthing let you happy -->

you can seek happy by seek this *something* that can make you happy -->

you can buy most of the *something* when you sought it. -->

money can let you buy it -->

yes, *most of the times* money can let you happy....

Yeah, sometimes:) we need to admit that money could bring us something and THEN make us happy, but my point is : HAVING BIG MONEY is not sufficent to result in FEEL HAPPY.

This is my question: if money could bring us happy, why shall we do more social works, be nice to each other, or aclaimed the spirit of "devotion"? All we need to do is earning money, to make us happy, isnt it?
EVILSKAAP
Money itself does not make you happy! But the things you can do with the money is what makes you happy! With money you can get yourself a girlfriend, a car and a nice crib! But the question is will he be happy with his girlfriend wanting gifts and his car needing maintance and fuel! Having money means spending more money! So most people are just as happy with less money. NJOY
cavey
Indirectly money makes you happy.

With money, my family and I can live in a nice house in a nice neighbourhood, instead of in the city in some crappy appartment with bad neighbours and violence outside.

With money, we can buy food, clothes and go to the doctor and dentist (kids can do that for free).

With money, we can buy a car or take the bus to visit friends and family.

With more money than you need, you can help other people in need.

With no money, we would probably be unhappy. With too much, maybe then too - but at least with roofs over our heads.
mying
got many money maybe not happy, but if not money I sure also not happy.. IF not money can't buy house, can't buy cars ... can't traverls .. and many more.. if we got the many many we can do the all.. do you agree.....Waiting for repleis
12eaper
money is sweet. you can do many things with it that why man care. (i do) Razz
Ray Gravin
Actualy I have been realizing that Money is the couse of the complete opposite emotional state for me. I am misirable 9 times out of 10 becouse of a situation that money has caused. Yes having money makes those things go away but only becouse I have been without it already. Money only makes me happy becouse without it I am unhappy. I spend so much of my life suffering becouse I need money. I feel inadiquite with wemon becouse of my finacial handicap, I wast half of my day working a job that I feel no connection to. I worry about the future becouse I know I will need more money when Im older. Its a never ending cycle of anguish : (
Davidgr1200
I think that once you have a certain amount of money - anough to survive reasonably comfotably - then getting more money does not necessarily make you happier. It seems that the more you have the more you want, bit like a drug really. If you odn't have so much money you tend to spend your time doing other things which may (or may not ) make you happy. I'd rather read a good book than work an extra day to get more money!
Jurado
Money is only important if u don't have money.
skygaia
In fact, I like money. There is no one who doesn't like money in the world.

Here is an interersting result of survery.
According to the survery, money was out of ranking in factors of happiness but it ranked the top in factors of unhappiness.

So many people think money cannot make people happy. But if they don't have money, they feel unhppy.. ^^;;;

and.. I think so..
pjv
money alone won't make a man happy. money is there to help you and buy you things but it can never guarantee happiness. There are a lot of people in this world that are very rich but they are not happy. Why? Simply because it's not all about money. Yes, we need money to live a descent life in this world. More money will lead you to other places, buy you fancy clothes, attract friends. There are lot of things that you can do when you have money, but it is just temporary. Shocked
thegamecreator
money makes me happy

because if i had 400$ truespace would be MINE! plus money = buying stuff
living a wealthy life
having the dream everything...

and being snooty to poor white trash like me....gaahhh if i only i can wish..
nilsmo
Up until a country achieves $10,000 GDP per capita, happiness within its population grows. Once it passes the 10K mark, happiness growth stagnates. (The US has $42,000 GDP/capita, China has $6,300, Germany has $29,800, Brazil has $8,400, and Afghanistan has $800.) However, despite its initial detrimental effect on the environment, economic growth is good for maintaining a country's power, encouraging scientific research (which can help humans live better) and maintaining a sense of optimism for all.

So, actually, it is best for a man to earn money and spend it on good.
izimngcubes15
I don't think money makes a man happy, but what they got, like family or friends! If you are what you wanted to be, then I think you'll be happy of what you've succeeded, not failed.
Forgotten Legends
The easyest way for me to put it is that it is a double edged sword. Not haveing money will cause unhappyness, on the other hand money doesn't nessecarily grant one happyness.
frozenhead
Well, it's so hard to find that true happiness everyone's looking for though. Money alone can't satisfy man's quest for happiness.
Holy_Knight
So I don't think money make the world happier.

More we have money and more we ara MEAN. Where is the sense of the word:"SHARE" ? Certainly forgotten or hidden behind this sentence:"More we are rich, more we are powerful".

I don't believe men have a such power Wink
Whong
Money is the root of all evil, money makes people cheat, lie, steal, kill, murder, etc. It's good to have enough money, but not too much. Take a look at Dr.Phil, he most probably has a huge amount of money, but he shares it with people who are in need! He is a good example today of the good samaritan that Jesus told about 2000 years ago Exclamation Wink

The more we have, the more we want! Rolling Eyes Idea
Garnet
Money makes me happy.

Ever been really broke? Everything is so much harder. If you want friends a lot of the time you have to be able to afford to to do stuff with them. It's hard to make friends, get a bf/gf when you can't afford to look very nice. Getting a job is hard since you have to be able to print out a resume, afford the transportation to get an interview...countless things are made sooooo much harder when you don't have money.

If I had a lot of money, just being able to donate some of it would make me pretty happy.
nilsmo
Garnet illustrates that people feel better when they are richer than the people around them; this seems to be true for the average person.
mying
but without money, you can't do anything...
abderrahmman
no

u must search it in relegion
anthonygerbils
its not the money which make men happy its what you can buy with it that counts
38club
does many make man happy...? sure.. i think money can make every poeple happy... a lot of people has die because of money.. they can go to gamble ...robbery bank to get the more maney.. so we can see it how important of money.. we can use the money do anythings you want ... travel, buy new car
big house... and many more.. that all thing will make man happy..
saiyeek
I am ready to handle insecurities if I am wealthy but the thing is when my crave for money and money just end??
mtoni
I'd say yes...
If you are financial independant you can start doing things you love and you don't get that stressed feeling..
With money you can do a lotta cool things....
It's not the money that could make you happy, It's about what you could do with it
goutha
Money by itself does not make man happy... but things you can buy with money will make him more than happy...
Qube
I see alot of you posting the same thing but never really clarifying/supporting your claims.

Honestly, money can't buy happiness.
It helps you attain happiness, but that's about it.
Because simply, money is just a piece of paper.
And unless you have some sort of green paper fetish, that won't help.

If you don't have money, you can't buy food.
You can't buy a place to live.
You can't buy clothes to guard you from the weather.
You can't buy anything that is essential to live.
True you can make these things yourselves.
But that involves alot of hard work.
If you had money, you wouldn't have to do that work.
And you'd be happier being provided for from the get-go.

But just like was stated earlier, it's a double-edged sword.
If you have too much, the ones that have nothing will want it.
You'll also have to deal with (in current society anyways) taxes.
That including you most likely won't learn certain life lessons if you've grown up rich your whole life.

Also that comment about religion just made me laugh.
Religion doesn't make you happy.
It makes you the otherwise infact.
There is a difference though in believing in something greater than yourself.
That's honorable.
But promoting/whoring yourself out to a set of predefined beliefs is not the way to live.
I believe in the common good of man.
Not doing harm to others.
Helping when you can.
Being respectful.
That sorta thing.
And no God in any religion can judge me in the wrong for that.

Back on topic.
Ultimately, having a reasonable amount of money is the best way.
You can comfortably live life.
I'm not looking for pity, but when I grew up, I had next to nothing.
We weren't always able to afford food and clothes.
Also we lived in a pretty crowded place.
That my friends, was a horrible experience.
As of now, I'm not rich, not even close.
But I can now afford the things I'm interested in that DO make me happy.
I am no longer filled with thoughts of "how can we live like this?" or "why me?" or "it isn't fair."
I accept life for what it is and I'm willing to work for my happiness.
Even now, I'm working so I can afford to move with a girl I am absolutely in love with.
And I believe that makes it all worth it.
Now for the flaming?
7gts-scout
hmm...lets see... If you're living in no-man island, will money makes u happy? Twisted Evil hehe..so answer is no Razz
Mamsaac
no, but it helps
Jaime
Yes, you can buy Prozac and you will be happy... Shocked Shocked
kung_fu_stu
Money only gives the illusion of happiness. Most people like to surround themselves with useless, expensive things to make then feel secure. However, the more you own the more you have to lose. Having a lot of money or material possessions can lead to insecurity and paranoia.

Possible solutions: don't get anything you're not willing to lose, be generous, enjoy what you have (don't worry about what you don't). Give without wanting anything in return, and you could be surprised at how much you'll actually have in the end.
cnnet
when I need it
it can make me happy
while when I have enough money
it has nothing to me
marques1975
Hi!

I believe it depends on who owns it.
For instance, Im very happy when I have a certain amount of money, but several of my friends dont even care about it.
Im happy when I multiply my money, when I buy a new car, a new computer, a new cycle. There are people that establish a strong relationship with their money, theyre afraid to lose it, and they get sad when they spend it.
So, it all depends on us, on our view about money.
You either earn money to live, or you live to money.
Of course there are other aspects, such as health, or the place where we live, they can influence the way we see life, and how we manage our money according to it.

Best regards,

Oscar
Catastrophic Fairy
I think money doesn't so much make you happy as give you a sense of pride, or even strength that you can handle anything that comes your way. But real happiness comes from working your buns off to get where you are and do what you need to do. Without friends and family, money is about as valuable as the paper it's printed on, except as an ego boost.
eku53ru
I think that it would pretty much depend on the man, right? If their life goal was to have money, then they'd be happy to have achieved their objectives. There may be some others out there that take more joy in trying to catch the money instead of actually catching it. It'd be a bit like what Jay Gatsby was trying to do in The Great Gatsby.
Nisk
People say money can't make you happy but I would like to find out for myself. Laughing
FriBogdan
The money is the key to happiness. How can u be happy if u have no money and u live on street's ? Think about it. If u don't have the luck to live on a island and to make your own food, house, rules, to live like our previous humans did....u have no chance. In a big town....no....it is unimaginable.

So...if u have money...u are happy.

If u have to much money...than could be a problem. Money can change the individual and can make him worse or good. It depend's only bye u. U can be generous, or u can put your money in a bank and live like a poor man and not telling anyone that u are rich or u can buy a big house and a nice car etc...and u can invite friend's or reject every body. It all depend's on your character.
masi
Yes, Money makes the man happy in a sense but it fulfills the basic requirements and the needs of life and through this way it makes the life easier on the person that easiness brings prosperity in the life of a person. On the other hand, if a person have no money or insufficient money, then he finds the life full of dustress and hardships and have to face lots of trouble throughout the day. So in that sense as Money considering the most powerful thing of this world. its not wrong saying if say here that ppl of this world revolves round the money and everything goes where money goes. Money brings happiness in that sense becoz we need money for buying food, we need money to pay the doctor, we need money to be able to buy clothes thats why i must say here its not the question of happiness, its a question of need. In our society, Money is considering the power over persons who dont have and that really doesn't equal power out among everyone. Most of the time Money can let u happy. Money can make u happy with your standard of living. Money can buy almost anything even time itself. You cannot be alone without friends, family in this world. Having a lot of Money can lead to insecurity. Ppl who does those things using money and doesnot want anything in return, and are generous and enjoy what they have, you would be surprised at how much the happiness you will have in the end. in the end i must say here that money makes the man happy in most cases but in many cases it doesn't. Sometimes a rich person doesn't happy living among comforts if hez having a kind of disease which is not curable.[youtube][/youtube]
deanhills
Well if I did not have any money that would probably make me unhappy. While I am earning money I guess I'm OK as I don't live a very extravagant lifestyle. Not saving money as I should however as not sure how and what to invest it in.
HVLGruppen
cyberngef wrote:
Does Money makes man happy?I don't think that because more money makes people more beware of security.What you people think about it.Waiting for repleis.

Has money made you happy yet? I'd say yes, but only because it seems natural to have a lot of money.
_AVG_
Yes, money could be a contributing factor to happiness however it does not do so by itself - other factors are also required. For example, health (an extreme case is that of an extremely sick man in a coma, who cannot enjoy his money no matter how rich he is ... of course you could argue that such a rich man would be able to use his funds to somehow revive himself but this is dependent on others making decisions for him since he is not conscious nor can he be any kind of an agent during his coma) Smile

As far as happiness is concerned ... I really think it comes from "within" ... in a sense, and nobody in today's age has this kind of "perfect happiness". This topic is intriguing and inevitably cannot be dealt with without asking the question: "what is happiness?" I have no answer Confused
mukesh
Depend on situations always not sure that Money makes man happy but money is also most important in life just like family members.
briankid
Money is also a determinant of whether some one will be happy or not,but money only cannot make one happy,there re reach rich and famous guys out there who are badly in need of happiness and peace of mind.
johans
money can makes you/me happy in different ways.. or in most ways but not everything.. money is part of daily living.. it is important to have money? my answer is yes..
loremar
Depends how much money, but usually a person is happy on different sort of things; Money might provide some of those things. If a person can only be happy through material things then money enough to provide basic needs will not be enough. If a person can only be happy through his hobbies then money enough to support his needs and his hobby is enough. If a person only wants to be with his family then money enough to support the entire family or to support every member's happiness is enough. Some people don't even need money at all as long as nature can provide everything they need.
sanjaya200
money makes people happy for a small period of time. its a temporarily happiness. no man have been happy daily with money. money crates problems. money makes greed in you. you will not be satisfied with the money you have. if you have X amount of money, your next idea is how to make it 2X or more as soon as possible. there is no end in it. money gives you greed, jealousy to have better than what your friend have.
money makes people fight, turns brothers against brothers, children against parents..... how can money give us happiness? there is a catch in it. with money comes all the other bad stuff
johans
for now YES. money make me happy...
Cosmoslayer
Definitely! Who doesn't?
Hello_World
Money doesn't make 'man' happy. However, poverty can make 'man' unhappy. And money can make things easier to do the things that make you happy.
So I think it does not directly make you happy but it helps.
abhizz
cyberngef wrote:

Sure money can makes man happy! But love& respects also makes man happy
johans
i guess the questions here is will you sacrifice everything for money?
Ryox
Life can be hard without money but there are ways of living without it if you use it right and properly. Living out of a Homeless Shelter even if you have money can make you happy but it's not the brightest choice because you have all this money you can spend but its not convenient living there because it doesn't make you happy.

It's only the way of life if you have to do it, otherwise just live in a apartment and spend the money on bills instead of fancy things you want lol...

Somethings can't be bought with money and therefore you have to win the trust of them to be your friend and especially in a relationship wise.
ankitdatashn
I money would be making people happy than no one would have been sad who is rich, but alas that is not the case, the richest people are the one most afraid of kidnappings and all...
chatrack
Hi,

I think how you use the money can make some one happy
shoaib
off course money makes me always happy..... Money is the most essential thing for the survival in this world....
Insanity
Yep, it can. Maybe not completely happy, but it will get you there.
BigGeek
I agree with what most everyone is saying, money or having it does not make me happy, however, a lack of it, and struggling to pay bills and cover expenses is a difficult situation to face on an ongoing basis. The difficulty in facing the income shortage is an unpleasant and dare I say "unhappy" feeling.

In the past I have had a much better income, and was able to afford my bills, and cover expenses that come up. That is not a situation that makes me happy so to speak, it is just a feeling of being relaxed, and knowing things are covered.

The things that make me happy are building things, like cars and houses, or computers and a website. Accomplishing things in life, and learning new things is what drives me and brings me happiness.

So everyone is correct, having money does not make one happy, but not having it, definitely leaves one unhappy Cool
Jaylan
I think money makes a man happy. We cannot live nicely without money. But abuse of money absolutely makes a man sad. So, people should avoid abuse of money.
standready
BigGeek wrote:
I agree with what most everyone is saying, money or having it does not make me happy, however, a lack of it, and struggling to pay bills and cover expenses is a difficult situation to face on an ongoing basis. The difficulty in facing the income shortage is an unpleasant and dare I say "unhappy" feeling.

In the past I have had a much better income, and was able to afford my bills, and cover expenses that come up. That is not a situation that makes me happy so to speak, it is just a feeling of being relaxed, and knowing things are covered.

The things that make me happy are building things, like cars and houses, or computers and a website. Accomplishing things in life, and learning new things is what drives me and brings me happiness.

So everyone is correct, having money does not make one happy, but not having it, definitely leaves one unhappy Cool

Well said, BigGeek! I find more happiness in helping others. Seeing them smile is contagious.
k_verbal
I think yes because money makes the world go round. if you don't have money you can't buy anything. Very Happy
busman
Its as easy as what you do with said money that will make you happy, not the accumulation of wealth in an of itself for the majority of us.
dannygarcia
In my case, no.
sudipbanerjee
Money is necessary for life. But I think not only money makes a man happy. For me Peace in home-front/ family is most important. After all days work when I came home smile in my family members face make me more happy.
linux1993
Yeah ,we can afford many things we want with money to improve our living condition .
pauline5765
It may or may not directly affect happiness, but it is a major factor. For example, your main dream in life is to have a nice happy family with a loving wife. So you want that... yeah. But if you don't have money at all, then your wife will be unhappy coz the children are unhappy coz they don't have any money to spare and afford to buy necessities like food, clothing, shelter, education. Sure, your love is strong, but it will crumble when frustrated due to other things, especially with money-related concerns.
dspblack
I guess it does because i don't have any and m sad!
alongkichu
Yeah, maybe it does. It lets you have everything, at least materially
hflorin
I know a word, that money or clothes dont make the man or something like that.

but lets be honst now, if you have money you can do what ever you wish when you wish, if you dont have any money or to low budget, you cant do a thing...

So, my opinion is that money make people happy, no matter how you watch at it.

when you buy icecream on a hot day, you are happy (need money to buy icecream).

you you go in your summer holly day in hawaii makes you happy, (need money for this trips)..
chartcentral
cyberngef wrote:

They say money can buy amusement, but not happiness. Smile