FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online learning

kiseki89
Here are questions that I would like to ask [for my project]. I hope that anyoine of you can answer them.
Do you like to learn online?
Do you wish online learning to continue in the future? If yes, do you have any suggestions to how to maintain online learning?
Thanks for answering.
girlinjapan
I love online learning, because its
1. for free
2. at your own pace
3. no annoying teachers that may not know what they are doing. Unless of course, the text is wrong
4. Just overall convenient

So yeah, i want it to continue. And there's not much i can say for improvement, other than the few sites that try to unload a whole bunch of cookies or files on your computer every time you visit a new page. grr
cyberngef
yes i like to study online as its free.
Vrythramax
are you referring to "online learning" as in earning a degree online or just learning new things while online?

Learning new skills while online is certainly free and it can't really be stopped, while earning a degree online is definatly NOT free and I have some serious reservations about it's credibilty and it's usage in the workplace.
Scorpio
Vrythramax wrote:
are you referring to "online learning" as in earning a degree online or just learning new things while online?

Learning new skills while online is certainly free and it can't really be stopped, while earning a degree online is definatly NOT free and I have some serious reservations about it's credibilty and it's usage in the workplace.

Yes that is indeed right. Most of the companies dont accept long distance learning degrees like correspondence courses etc.

Since online is a new concept that has cropped up only a few years ago, it most certainly will not be accepted in major companies when applying for jobs.

So it is just a waste of time as of now.

perhaps in the future things may look brighter.
kiranaghor
i won't go for an online university degree.
There are web tutors like http://www.learnvisualstudio.net which are extremely helpful and such learning resources would be always welcome by the viewers.
avk
I think that online learning is cool

And making of much more e-libraries and e-portals will help us a lot
leat397
I've tried before for some online course from Microsoft...
But I was really frustrated by those so-called "interactive methods"..
Maybe I have not enough patience to listen the machine speckout those scripts..I feel that is too "cold" for me...does anyone know what i mean?
kiseki89
Vrythramax wrote:

I mean learning new things online.

leat397 wrote:
I've tried before for some online course from Microsoft...
But I was really frustrated by those so-called "interactive methods"..
Maybe I have not enough patience to listen the machine speckout those scripts..I feel that is too "cold" for me...does anyone know what i mean?

So does it mean that, if the learning is more detailed or plain simple you will like it more?
90jeremy
I personally hate learning online because i like to get one on one support on stuff and talk to the person with him next to me and stuff. I know now they can set up webcam and stuff and have meeting, it is just a like it the old way, acally showing up to classs and hearing the teacher talk and learning.

But that is just me.....
{name here}
I've seen some excellent tutorials for programming, so programming is a great thing to learn online for free. However, I've recently tried to pickup Sweedish with online tutorials, however, it was difficult, many expecting you've learned a language such as French and German. I posess the knowledge of Polish, and it seems to not be handy when learning other languages Sad .
jabapyth
girlinjapan wrote:
I love online learning, because its
1. for free
2. at your own pace
3. no annoying teachers that may not know what they are doing. Unless of course, the text is wrong
4. Just overall convenient

So yeah, i want it to continue. And there's not much i can say for improvement, other than the few sites that try to unload a whole bunch of cookies or files on your computer every time you visit a new page. grr

Here, here.
I love the fact that it is free, and there are so many different takes on the same subject, which could be confusing, but for me is enlightening.
Vrythramax
learning new things online is the greatest! You can learn as much as you want or as little, and at your own pace as pointed out. The sources available for soooo many subjects it is just incredible, and it seems the more willing you are to learn any given subject, the more people are willing to help you out...that's one of the reasons I like Frihost's forums so much, you can ask for info on just about any subject and the users and/or staff will help you out, and if they don't know themselves they will even help you find the info your looking for. The best part is they won't make you feel stupid asking for help.