FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP on Core Duo/Solo Apple Macs

Have you tried this yet and has it worked?
Yes and it has worked (Even partially)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes and it hasn't worked at all
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I haven't tried
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

alexdomps
Quote:

Pictures of a supposed solution have rumbled across the net, and we're here to bring you the latest information about the quest for XP on an Intel Mac. A solution proposed by "narf" and his crew has been submitted to the $12,000 "Windows XP on an Intel Mac" contest, and a handful of beta testers have been chosen. Though a few images and even a movie had been posted by the submitters, we've finally began to see some corroborating evidence from testers coming from a thread in our forums. Is it too good to be true, or has the solution finally be found? Hopefully it shall pan out within a few days, more as soon as we have it.

Update: It appears that the contest has closed and the submission has been verified!

ocalhoun
alexdomps wrote:

"narf" and his crew has been submitted to the $12,000 "Windows XP on an Intel Mac"

'"narf" and his crew'=Microsoft wanting to compete with Mac OS, but not wanting to admit doing anything resembling open-source developing.
i_am_mine
The question should be...what the hell are you going to do...putting XP on Mac hardware...I mean...isn't the whole point of getting a Mac...getting away from Micro$oft? I mean after all you put XP on a Mac Machine...all your gonna be doing is running Windows on Apple hardware...thats it....As far as I know hardware has never been the problem...its the OS we're trying to get away with ( Godzilla cut-to-scene: Lady running away from giant lizard leg smashing buildings in new york...looks up and see's a giant M$ logo...screams....*squish* )