FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird FTP problem.

Boles Roor
I've been trying to access my FTP account, but so far I'm unlucky. I've tried SmartFTP and Firezilla. I've tried both Passive and Active options, no luck.
Firezilla just reports it can't login.
SmartFTP gives me this message:
Quote:
[21:58:17] Resolving host name "ftp.lostage.frihost.net"
[21:58:17] Connecting to 216.32.68.250 Port: 21
[21:58:18] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
[21:58:18] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[21:58:18] Client closed the connection.
[21:58:18] Active Help: http://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/58

So, I visited the link, but I didn't get much help there.

I can still use the cPanel X Filemanager, but that's not really userfriendly. Crying or Very sad
BugBear
i also tried accessing FTP, exept i did it through interent explorer and it wouldn't let me[url=ajdskfasjgias gaisngoadsfg afdsgoifjg a odf gjoeirnaer oge rgoqeirng erog neri eoringqoei goeirng oargo dfijg oeiner ghoaifg adofigho eri goahrfgo iadfhgoidahfg oire hnfodijagdofmgiero g oeih rgoii hdfgoisahdfoi gaioerg hoeringo idafnogaihdf ogdfihg orieoieng oaifhgo hroeaihgr esdjfklasd fjaksd fjiasglr iglisfdhglaisdf glarihg alihfsdgiaslf gjilrjalsdfhgla igfhlai dfg hlire ghliasdfngl aifgh alri hgtlafighliamfsdgliafg lahidsfgl ring lasifglasdfigh alsdihfg laisdfgnlirnglaif glaisfdhglirhg laisngleri ge].[/url] login. Shocked
BugBear
Ah ok i found out the problem ... they reset the passwords check your private messages inbox in this forum.
Boles Roor
There is no problem with my password, as I can still access my cPanel.
Bondings
Are you sure there is no firewall on your side blocking that port?

Otherwise, maybe try without the "ftp.", however imo they should both work.
Blaster
Use the one your computer has. Go to my documents and type in ftp.yoursite.frih.net. That is what i use.
Boles Roor
Bondings wrote:
Are you sure there is no firewall on your side blocking that port?

Otherwise, maybe try without the "ftp.", however imo they should both work.

I disabled my own firewall, and also tried connecting by connecting my PC directly to my modem. =/

Blaster:
I also tried that, same error.
Quote:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Bondings
If you go to the command window by typing cmd in the "execute" from the start menu. Then type "ftp frih.net". What do you get? If you're being asked for a password, then it's ok. If you get a time out or connection refused, then there is a big problem.
Boles Roor
I get this as an error:

>ftp: connect: Unknown error number
ftp>
abhinav_shah
Are you able to ftp to other machines ?
I think there's some problem with your connection... may be that port is blocked...

Abhinav
krazycapital
On mine the password got reset a day or two ago. Did you check your PM box?
vakkiex
if you want to have a good ftp protico then i will say use core ftp pro, its fast and you can really trust it, it always works.