FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me decide what to do with my FriHost site...

pansophia
When I started my FriHost site, it was to see if it was suitable place to develop a nonprofit web site. After about a month, though, the FriHost server I was on crashed, and the site was lost. While I had a back up of static pages, I didn't look forward to re-installing the CMS. I rebuilt the site for my employer elsewhere.

I still appreciate everything FriHost offers, but I'm not sure what to do with the web space now. I'm going to use it for a personal site, but I'm not sure what I want to do beyond that. Does anyone have any ideas? I think I have "web space block", just like a blank piece of paper will give you writer's block.
n0obie4life
Request for a change of your domain to n0obies-world.frih.net

Then create a wordpress blog and start it as a n0obie4life fan club (like bondings world Wink)
Scorpio
But what exactly does one post in a noobie4life fan club.

What have you achieved noobie? Wink

But for a site like that it would cost around say, 11650.58 FRIH$ what do you say? Laughing
zhangleisk
build a blog to share experiences about games? how is it?
godam64
i have sugestion for you. try to remember things that you like. then type it down as an informative stuff. create cms blog on your frihost account. then post it to your blog. don't forget to add some pretty adsense banner on it. now it's done.

important : keep a backup in notepad or word all your posts in your hard drive and yahoo note or briefcase. done... Smile
[FuN]goku
n0obie4life wrote:
Request for a change of your domain to n0obies-world.frih.net

Then create a wordpress blog and start it as a n0obie4life fan club (like bondings world Wink)
lol?
Stinger
if i were you i know you like your Tjing, so mabye you could do sumthin to do with that, i am aware that HoT is already doin that so mabye you could do sumthing like a website with all Tjing Tutorials ect [ sorry wrong topic admin delete this post]
manumiglani
pansophia wrote:
When I started my FriHost site, it was to see if it was suitable place to develop a nonprofit web site. After about a month, though, the FriHost server I was on crashed, and the site was lost. While I had a back up of static pages, I didn't look forward to re-installing the CMS. I rebuilt the site for my employer elsewhere.

I still appreciate everything FriHost offers, but I'm not sure what to do with the web space now. I'm going to use it for a personal site, but I'm not sure what I want to do beyond that. Does anyone have any ideas? I think I have "web space block", just like a blank piece of paper will give you writer's block.

Just park with sedo.

Laughing
Kjgmusic
You could:

- Make it a personal blog.
- Use it as a fansite for things you're interested in.
- Post graphics that you have made on it, and showcase them.
- Anything your heart desires! Surprised
Zal91
Make a Web 2.0 site about other web 2.0 sites
:Dodgy:
start a blog about your personal life and how your relationships are going and what bird is currently sitting outside your window.
rightclickscott
I did something alittle different. I was going to transfer my old webcomics over to my frihost, but now I've just started a new one. Whenever I start a new site, I always remember a line that I think was actually inspired by Lisa Simpson. I think it was "You can't just make a site with random stuff on it, you have to offer something to your visitors" or something like that. So you should try to start your own brand of entertainment specifically for your site, just like how I decided to get into webcomics, since I was sick of putting up sites with nothing on them that my fans would actually enjoy. Think to yourself, Pansophia, what can I put on a site that not only I, but my fans will enjoy, and want to keep coming back?
bladesage
pansophia wrote:

Okay, here's a start. Not that I'm just trying to advertise or anything, but I suggest you get a webtemplate. That way, you could have whatever you eventually do decide on you site later on, and have it in your favorite colors. I'm not trying to advertise for my business by any means, and would actually make you a custom template absolutely free, just because I love to help.

And, I would also say you should do a few more posts and get your points up fairly high to keep your webspace. Anyway, what do you like? We could then work our way up from there. I am fully willing to help you entirely, but i can't think for you.

If you want my help, you can pm me, and somewhere in the subject mention "order004", I will help out as much as I can, for free. I love to help, and I do have some spare time on my hands, between orders anyway (so you may want to act before I get more).
oneightwo
the obvious thing would be to make a blog, but apart from that, make a website about a passion of yours. Like, my passions would be; guitar, music, web/graphic design, etc. so i'm making a website about my favourite bands, and design. Very Happy
Davidgr1200
If you don't know what to do then you obviously don't have anything particular to say. Save your energy and do something else which you really want to do. Life is too short to spend time doing things just for teh sake of doing them.
wayfarer
I am badly in need of a website soon.. As an it student i want to run a good site that is absolutely free of charges. I tried addyournet, but i hate the banner at the top because it completely destroys the look and feel of the site... I heard that they are planning to give us the codes.. lets hope!! And i tried crazydrive.co.uk. This was a good one, with no ads and unlimited php and mysql hosting.. but they are down now... Help me on this. If you dont really need your site give it to me. Rolling Eyes
pjv
start a peace corp or save the endangered species blog site Laughing
joshua_erceg
Yeah...
I agree, if you want to make a website, focus on something you are interested in.
That way you can work on t & develop it, & still enjoy doing it Very Happy
xkarenflowerx
blog Very Happy and just include loads of random stuff (like, poetry and expressive things and pictures) and make it look pretty and include a chatbox.

ah, just experiment with it all. .
cfackler
wayfarer wrote:
I am badly in need of a website soon.. As an it student i want to run a good site that is absolutely free of charges. I tried addyournet, but i hate the banner at the top because it completely destroys the look and feel of the site... I heard that they are planning to give us the codes.. lets hope!! And i tried crazydrive.co.uk. This was a good one, with no ads and unlimited php and mysql hosting.. but they are down now... Help me on this. If you dont really need your site give it to me. Rolling Eyes

You've come to the right place if you need a free website, you'll just have to design it yourself.