FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Medals + Awards

alkady
I think this would help improve the forum. Everyone loves awards, Who doesnt want a little medal next to their point count. You can create a medal for the most helpful person, This would be an incentive for others to help others while putting to consideration to award it to only those who actually give helpful advice. But in my opinion, Awards should be given based on merit and not on being active or anything everyone can easily earn, This encourages everyone to just spam and so on to get that medal.
DoctorBeaver
It's a good idea, but I think implementing it would be a nightmare; indeed, impossible. It means that every post would have to be read and assessed not simply for centent, but also the helpfulness of the content. And how would you grade it?

Take these instances:-

1) A member replies to 10 posts in a way that helps only the original poster who then posts a "thank you" message.

2) A member replies to 1 post that 20 members find helpful but don't mention in forums that it helped them.

How could you possibly assess which of those is more helpful?

I think a classic example would be no0bie's phpBB install tutorial. How many members have read that & found it extrememly helpful but not replied?
Eyre
i agree with Beaver. Plus, there are some really amazing posts that never get even read because they get bumped down so quick.