FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freeze

Stinger
hey when i play online multiplayer games like Enemy Territory and Call of Duty and i have Team Speak on after a while my pc jsut freezes completly, it like makes a squeeking sound wich is really loud and that repats, its very annoying, and solutions?
Zork538
You should check for IRQ conflicts.

Greetz
technology.sponge
whereza squeeking coming from? ie
over loaded maxed out fans/tornado dvdrom drives/internal pc buzzer/speakers?
Donutey
is your Internet connection maxed out/ lost in the process?
Stinger
well my whole computer freezes and i cant do anything so i cnt answer that 1, the sound comes from my speakers
taxman
It could be overheat. My brother had that problem whenever he have played for a hour or so, the comp either froze or rebooted. After checking he's cooling ribs, we saw why - so much dust that it simply got to hot. After cleaning the rib and fan, the problem went away.

If heat is not your problem, we'll just have to search more.

Does it happens only when you play online or when you play single player as well?
tential
Ya i would suggest cleaning first to make sure you dont have any dust. Also I just had that problem and then my computer just stopped working. I am really betting you it is your rama nd if you can run a memory test I STRONGLY suggest you do it. It turns out that my ram was defective and then just stopped working so now I have to send the kit back. Luckily PQI is nice aobut it and will ship me a new unit second I ship this one back.
Sebaci
Check the temperatures of graphisc card and processor
ezekiel_rage
Stinger wrote:
hey when i play online multiplayer games like Enemy Territory and Call of Duty and i have Team Speak on after a while my pc jsut freezes completly, it like makes a squeeking sound wich is really loud and that repats, its very annoying, and solutions?

How much RAM does your system have?

I am pretty sure that the sound coming from your speaker is a fragment of the buffered sound output.

You said that it freeze whenever you have Team Speak activated, it could be that your system is choking on the sound stream.

I would suggest that you upgrade your RAM. or if its not possible at the moment, just turn off audio streams not really necessary for the games.

my 2 cents
mOrpheuS
ezekiel_rage wrote:
I am pretty sure that the sound coming from your speaker is a fragment of the buffered sound output.

Exactly, a repetitive squeaky sound from the speakers ...
I'm guessing it's much like the sound that scratched VCD's make. Wink

That can hardly be due to overheating.
Although over-heating is the most common cause of system lockups, it doesn't appeat to be so in this case.

Corrupted sound buffer is most likely the problem.
Before you go invest in more ram, you may want to try installing a different version of driver for your audio hardware.
Avoid running any additional programs which might use your sound subsystem when you're running team speak.
Also look around for any known issues in running team speak with your sound hardware. There just might be a patch available.
Stinger
Well i have 1GB RAM, witch came with the dell i got Razz, i think it might be the dust as i havent cleaned the comp since ive got it.
Quote:
I am really betting you it is your rama nd if you can run a memory test I STRONGLY suggest you do it

How do i run this test?
Quote:
Before you go invest in more ram, you may want to try installing a different version of driver for your audio hardware

To be honest i have no idea how to do this, bit aof a noob when it comes to computing, but i would like to keep the one i have got so is there another solution?
mages4life
You may also want to pull out your PCI and Video cards while you are cleaning it out. Clean the contacts on the cards with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. You also want to blow out the slots with canned air. Bad connections on the I/O cards like this can also cause these kind of problems. You would not believe the kinds of issues a bad connection on a video card can cause.
Stinger
ok thanks, ill end up cleaning it soon as it is Half Term where i am so not school! Because its Easter obv :p
RaMo
oh, that used to happen to me except mine use to just freeze even when im on msn. so i did a little experimenting opened the computer cleaned out all the dust and **TATA** it worked then **BOOF** it froze. so i turned it back on and did the SYSTEM DEFRAGMENATE and then it started working properly.

HOPE THIS HELPED.
mobe217
I used to have this problem. Your video card can't handle the insane fps that these games throw at it. It causes the video card to over heat and freeze your pc. The weird sound your hearing is the computer freezing. its what ever sound that was playing repeating its self over and over. You can do a few things to fix this. one buy a new better video card. two open your pc case and play with it off. three lower the video settings in the game to lowest possible. Its best to buy a new video card. Usally when this happends the card doesnt last to much longer. You can also try some of the windows fix programs incase its not the video card and is spyware or something like that.
Stinger
mobe217 wrote:
I used to have this problem. Your video card can't handle the insane fps that these games throw at it. It causes the video card to over heat and freeze your pc. The weird sound your hearing is the computer freezing. its what ever sound that was playing repeating its self over and over. You can do a few things to fix this. one buy a new better video card. two open your pc case and play with it off. three lower the video settings in the game to lowest possible. Its best to buy a new video card. Usally when this happends the card doesnt last to much longer. You can also try some of the windows fix programs incase its not the video card and is spyware or something like that.

lol yep thats the exact description of what i have. Well i am quite young to buy a gfx card and to be honest i think il go with the cover off option or i might just lower the settings to like block mode :p i do get fps though with full graphics on but i will lower it :p
Stinger
i actually though my pc is still under warranty so i might be able to get a new and better graphics card! w00t!