FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

certain web sites re' not loading

dude_xyx
I used windows 2000 SP4

This thing has started few months ago. suddenly I was unable to go to a web site. i checked with site admin and was told others could visit .problem was only with me. But today i ve encountered the worst , now my own site is not loading ! in both IE and firefox . both give 404 page telling unable to load the site. i can open other sites also only this happens with the first web site i had mentioned and one of my own sites.

Anyone know whats wrong ? Confused
{name here}
Are you using a Qwest DSL modem? If you are, check if the internet and ethernet(or USB) lights are flashing while trying to load the site. If they're not, it just means that you have to try it another day.
Try going to your site through http://cgi-proxy.net/ . If it works, all it is is a DSL thing and you just have to try another day. If it's not, you're site is hacked...
dude_xyx
yes im using a DSL line but using a router. i hve been unable to open the first site for two months i guess.

ok these are two sites

www.person.com

xyxguides.com - this is my site

I could open the first site through proxy site u mentioned it the site which hasnt opened for two months.

but it didnt showed anything for my sites - xyxguides.com
corey
Is it possible that you installed a program like Peerguardian? When I did, I couldn't come to frihost.net,as the whole IP range was in the block list. I just unblocked it and was able to get through.
dude_xyx
corey wrote:
Is it possible that you installed a program like Peerguardian? When I did, I couldn't come to frihost.net,as the whole IP range was in the block list. I just unblocked it and was able to get through.

No , no Peerguardian or zorn alarm. aslo its not secure site. today im able to see my site whcih i was unable to see yesterday. but the first site still not loading.
steveadams617
Just for grins, have you run virus and adware scans on your computer? Just a wild thought...
ml
set your router to the right Maximum Transmisson Unit (MTU) size?
greendayonline.co.nr
i had the same problem
although it turned out my brother was blocking all my websites for a joke..so every website i went on he blocked using the .hosts file in C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
dude_xyx
Quote:
Just for grins, have you run virus and adware scans on your computer? Just a wild thought...

lol I have AVG , AD-aware , Spybot , cwshredder . Updated and done even a safe mode scan.

Quote:
set your router to the right Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size?

Could you tell me how to do it would effect also please Tell me how to do it ! MY router is a Planet ADE 3110 ADSL Modem router.

Quote:
hosts file in C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

Checked . Its clean , nothing there.

------
Well another guy suggest to use this proxy and try
http://www.cgi-proxy.net/ and i can see the perosn.com when i go through it. I'm not blocked , Site Admin Confirmed it.
SoftStag
You should check your DNS server settings. It could be that the DNS server is at fault and not resolving the domain names correctly. Try different DNS Servers to rule this out.
dude_xyx
Well everything got sorted out. Now my own site it loading.I dont know what was the wrong but now its working fine. About the other site I suspect that ISP provider of mine d banned it. I dont know why on earth they would do that but it seems im not the only one who have the problem here.
abhinav_shah
Do you have any proxy. Try clearing your cache... Also check your modem settings...

Abhinav
SoftStag
abhinav_shah wrote:
Do you have any proxy. Try clearing your cache... Also check your modem settings...

Abhinav

dude_xyz has sorted his problem out; at least that's what he says in the post before yours. There is no need to try to continue to resolve a resolved issue....