FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bandwith?

homer09001
im just curios but in October 05 and february 06 i am epecting about 100-200 visitors to my site and forum in one day my questions are:

1)- whats the chances of my forums and site crumbling under the stress off the amount of visitors
my site is Mambo Open source and a phpBB forum

2)- if i do prove to get that many hits in the one day is there any chance of increased bandwith?
Maka
PM bondings as he said and discuss it with him.
Helios
Hmm.. 10 gigs should be enough for about 1000~ people..

But if you want more bandwidth, talk to Bondings.
IMO, maybe you will get more bandwidth but you will have to put an ad(s) to help paying for it.

Good luck!
mOrpheuS
hmm...what happens in oct 05 and feb 06 ? Think
and are 100-200 people going to visit your site every day or on one day in particular.

anyhow, even if 200 people visit your site everyday, for a month (oct 05 and feb 06, that is)

for a average site (cms + forum + some other light content)
you can rest assured that you wouldn't run out of bandwidth.
Wink
mathiaus
So long as there are'nt millions of different images per page you should be all right! Their the big bandwidth users. When you have a surge of people maybe change over to a simplier theme/layout?
Good luck with getting all those guests Laughing
homer09001
what happening is we are gonna advertise our site in front off about 600+ peeps on one day in paticualr in teh 2 onths i aws expecting approx 100-200 ppl on the first day then a steady number off ppl from then on
Maka
homer09001 wrote:
what happening is we are gonna advertise our site in front off about 600+ peeps on one day in paticualr in teh 2 onths i aws expecting approx 100-200 ppl on the first day then a steady number off ppl from then on

Well as soon as you hot 9-10 gig pm bondings and discuss privately about it.