FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need some advice.

xrey
I'll be honest with you straight away, i am not the best looking guy around, and i think that girls are aware of this.

many girls like me for who i am, but the thing stopping them going out with me is either i am not confident enough or i dnt show up my personality enough to get ovre the fact i'm ugly

Anyone got any tips on pulling the girl i want?
Vrythramax
I know it's going to sound corny, but just be yourself. Many women find confidence to be very attractive, so if you can carry yourself in a confident way, many people will take notice of you. An old saying goes "power perceived is power achieved", if you can exude confidence people will perceive that as power, and once they have that perception you have gained power, and most women like powerful men. We all, most of us anyway, can't have the Supermodels of the world, but there is certainly someone out there for you, so don't give up the fight Smile

Best wishes
xrey
woah thats really good advice, cheers Very Happy
alkady
Well if you were rich, I think you'd have the whole school at your mercy, But you are probably not. So heres a few tips I think would help.

a) Get noticed, Not by going to her and say "Hey look what I can do", No get involved in the school. Youll have a reason why she will notice you. Join Student Council, Participate in the variety show or something youll know she be near.

b) Find out what her interest are, And get used to them. Get involved in the same activities, You never know. If she is part of the debate team, Get involved in that. If she is a student council member, Get involved in that. (Actually if she is a student council member, Get as many friends as you can to compose the majority of the council, Youll get most of the resolutions passed if you like them or not. Youll probably get majority approval for presidency and with all the power, But dont push it. She eventually hate you if you use that power against her)

c) Get closer wiith her friends, Doesnt have to be her girl friends, Perhaps her boy friends. They will eventually present you to her in some situations.

but out of all these tips, The really question is. What makes you think she may like you? Find out her opinion on you. That is the most important thing to do before you make yourself into a fool.
carl005
alkady wrote:
Well if you were rich, I think you'd have the whole school at your mercy, But you are probably not. So heres a few tips I think would help.

a) Get noticed, Not by going to her and say "Hey look what I can do", No get involved in the school. Youll have a reason why she will notice you. Join Student Council, Participate in the variety show or something youll know she be near.

b) Find out what her interest are, And get used to them. Get involved in the same activities, You never know. If she is part of the debate team, Get involved in that. If she is a student council member, Get involved in that. (Actually if she is a student council member, Get as many friends as you can to compose the majority of the council, Youll get most of the resolutions passed if you like them or not. Youll probably get majority approval for presidency and with all the power, But dont push it. She eventually hate you if you use that power against her)

c) Get closer wiith her friends, Doesnt have to be her girl friends, Perhaps her boy friends. They will eventually present you to her in some situations.

but out of all these tips, The really question is. What makes you think she may like you? Find out her opinion on you. That is the most important thing to do before you make yourself into a fool.

and then it'll seem like you're stalking her. And we all know how much everyone loves a stalker.
sweetpepsi86
There are certain things I am really attracted to in a guy. Honesty and genuineness are key. A guy who is caring for others and not self-centered. I'm not interested in someone who is obsessed with himself, and maybe I'm the only girl in the world to feel this way, but a hot guy who is so into himself is completely unattractive to me.
I might be able to recognize his good looks, but his self-obsession totally shuts me off to him.
So I would say, concern yourself with others. Confidence is important, but keep the focus less on thinking you're special or deserve something great. Instead, learn to be happy with yourself and who you are and then put your focus on others. Try to grow in showing love and care to those in need.
And it really is an amazing thing to serve others.
djthriller
Become pretty, like me! Smile

But really, just be more confident. Look into that mirror and say "Hey sexy man, what are you doing? Ohh yea, sexy sexy sexy man!!!!!! You want to date me? Get in line sister, there are woman all over me!"

Atleast I think it will bring your confidence up, of course I don't do it...............Often........Once every week.........Twice a day......Right now!!! Razz
alkady
carl005 wrote:
alkady wrote:

and then it'll seem like you're stalking her. And we all know how much everyone loves a stalker.

Perhaps it may look like stalking, But I never said to be in every corner they are at. I'm just trying to say he should try to make it look like they have the same interest. Being yourself isnt always going to work. You need to be noticed. It's like trying to get a date with Britney Spears, She doesnt know who the heck you are but yet you are trying to get a date with her without ever talking to each other.
oneightwo
personally, i think that if you're confident enough, and you don't want to 'pull' some prissy stuck-up girl, then you'll be fine. if you're confident enough with the way you look, then that would also help. Having once been a girl myself, i know that confidence is a big thing. (<-- joke incase you feel like replying stupidly).

edit

also, offers such as 'ill have your baby!' are always big turn-ons...lol.
darrenpaul
To be honest any girl who is so self centered, and priccy is not worth paying attention to, if you are that shalow where you believe anyone who is not of equal looks cannot talk to you, you really need to get over yourself.
cws-online
I know it's going to sound corny, but just be yourself. Many women find confidence to be very attractive, so if you can carry yourself in a confident way, many people will take notice of you. An old saying goes "power perceived is power achieved", if you can exude confidence people will perceive that as power, and once they have that perception you have gained power, and most women like powerful men. We all, most of us anyway, can't have the Supermodels of the world, but there is certainly someone out there for you, so don't give up the fight
Remus™
Vrythramax wrote:
I know it's going to sound corny, but just be yourself. Many women find confidence to be very attractive, so if you can carry yourself in a confident way, many people will take notice of you. An old saying goes "power perceived is power achieved", if you can exude confidence people will perceive that as power, and once they have that perception you have gained power, and most women like powerful men. We all, most of us anyway, can't have the Supermodels of the world, but there is certainly someone out there for you, so don't give up the fight

cws-online wrote:

I know this is a stupid question, but cws, did you copy that? Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey xrey, wassup

Both the above (Laughing) are good advice

Listen, i used to have the same problem... the ugly part is still here, but i dont care anymore...
I also used to think no girl was ever gonna like me...
But im a nice guy... someone would notice that... And they did... sooner or later... Just do it! You just have to be good at one thing: Beeing yourself...

Also, i still think that if a girl only likes you because ur cute, it wont last long... But thats just me, i dont have that problem Razz
l8r man
quartnee
I'd agree confidence is good, but also may sure that when being "confident" it doesn't come off as arrogant because that isn't attractive. But if you can't see yourself as the type to a enough confidence to get past your looks, I personally would chose a funny guy over any good looking guy. Unless of course the good looking guy was funny too, but that'd just be a bonus. Smile
Sadow
Like before I didn't check the advise of others, because I don't want it to influence my advice.
So here it is:
Give up the idea that you're looking for/wanting a girl. Stop it. You don't need them now. Maybe later, it's not important.
I can understand you want it, but it actually isn't important. Just think about it for a while. And take your time to be honest with yourself and ask yourself this question: Is it the sex or is it the everlasting relationship I'm looking for...

Don't be focussed on getting a girl. I've experienced this myself: the less I focus on girls, it seems that girls... feeel... that I don't need them, I can live and be happy without them and that I don't need to be overly active to leave my unique offspring in this world. If you can manage to get yourself in this state of mind... you will be noticed...
airek
this may be an old thread, but chances are the problem is still arosen. My advice is, dress nice. Honestly the ugliest perosn in the world can get looks from the hottest girl alive by solely what they are wearing. If you dress nice, you will feel good, and feeling good about the way you look is the first step to being confident enough to talk to girls and not be shy. BE YOURSELF HOMIE
Citizen Kane
airek wrote:
this may be an old thread, but chances are the problem is still arosen. My advice is, dress nice. Honestly the ugliest perosn in the world can get looks from the hottest girl alive by solely what they are wearing. If you dress nice, you will feel good, and feeling good about the way you look is the first step to being confident enough to talk to girls and not be shy. BE YOURSELF HOMIE

I agree. Totally. And then some. I once got dumped because a girl had rthe opinion that she had a relationship with a social worker. I was still studyinf for that one so I really woke up. Now I'm just more myself, less asking questions, more my own opinion. without running over my new girlfriend. That's to prove that being yourself TOO much is also possible. Try to show yourself after being nice. Build up credit and then you can show who you are.
wowz
if she doesn't want you because you're not a stud, then she's not worth your time

if she really loves you, she'll find you attractive no matter what you look like

i used to have the opposite problem.. guys would always be all over me because of the way i looked.. everytime i got in a relationship, they constantly pressured me for sex.. it sucked
now i dress like a teenage boy
now people that ask me out are asking me out because they got to know me.. because they like me for who i am
corny, but true

my current boy? i've been told he's not the hottest nacho in the pile, but i have eyes for no one else. it's all about personality. only teens care about looks.. they get over it when they grow up. you don't have to do anything to get a girl... just meet them. hang out with them. don't be something you're not - as i'm sure you've been told. don't change anything about yourself. even the way you dress.. dress the way you want to. i do.

as much as you might want to have 5 girls hangin off you all the time... it gets old fast. you'll soon learn you'd rather have one quality chic than 5 bubbles Smile
saiyeek
Vrythramax wrote:
I know it's going to sound corny, but just be yourself. Many women find confidence to be very attractive, so if you can carry yourself in a confident way, many people will take notice of you. An old saying goes "power perceived is power achieved", if you can exude confidence people will perceive that as power, and once they have that perception you have gained power, and most women like powerful men. We all, most of us anyway, can't have the Supermodels of the world, but there is certainly someone out there for you, so don't give up the fight Smile

Best wishes

I really liked his way of putting things up.