FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The anihalation of the net?

homer09001
how long do you think the net can last with all the virus writers and crackers

its starting to strain as it is it can last that much longer the amount of virus's are going to over power the most advanced firewalls and anti-virus programmes. it is going to get to a point where virsu writers develop a code un recognised by all anti-vius progs and will be able to manipulate the very built in command set on your hardware surely?

if it gets to that point there will be no other option than to shut the net down for ever??
Maka
There to thick to think of that, theyll all be like oh crap we have no net and only there selfs to blame, we just have to stay one step ahead to stop this from happening but it's increseing at an unstopablle rate as internet connections rise in speed and storage increases.
homer09001
that's my point they are going to bring the net down which is the lifeline to many companies for example easyjet and other online only companies
OnlyOneLife
I don't think they can bring down the net, it's just too big. Rolling Eyes
charliehk
it is very unlikely to hv a virus undetected unless it does absolutely nothing... then it is not a virus! Laughing

Charles
if u have the right programs and only go to sites you know are fine and only d/l few things except stuff u buy then ur comp will be fine... my dad has had his comp for 2-3 years and hes never had anything go wrong hes found a virus here and there and got rid of it... we payed a guy to check it out and he said it was amazingly clean.... and I had checked it out before that but my dad doesnt trust me Wink
charliehk
Your computer is not safe even if you go to the right sites.

Hackers will scan your computer to see whether there are any loopholes! Twisted Evil
homer09001
now adays there are virus which disguise them selves as a standard program hell for all you know MSN or even mindows media player could be logging information about your pc and relaying to other ppl without you knowing that how advanced viruses are now adays
Scott
They are working on "The Internet 2" thankfully, which is supposedly going to be more secure.

But seriously, the current internet is very insecure. I watched something on TV the other day that described how one sophisticated group of hackers could easly take down the entire DNS system.

(DNS is how websites are named. A group of hackers could take down these name servers easily, and the internet would be really tough to get around.)
SNES350
homer09001 wrote:
now adays there are virus which disguise them selves as a standard program hell for all you know MSN or even mindows media player could be logging information about your pc and relaying to other ppl without you knowing that how advanced viruses are now adays

Actually Windows Media Player already does that (probably not to the degree you mean though), reporting to Microsoft (I think you can disable it though). Also I heard WMP won't go away unless you change the directory name (uninstall it and supposedly it will come back!).
Texas Al
Think of it this way. Breaking into cars requires less skill and intelligence than breaking into computers. And cars do get broken into every day, and it costs society a couple of billion each year. But it hasn't made cars go away!

It's just part of the natural order of things-- there are predators, parasites, and prey. Try not to be prey, and you'll be okay.
gonzo
homer09001 wrote:
how long do you think the net can last?

As it was designed with redundancy to survive multiple nuclear bombs I'd say fairly long. Once everybody surrenders right judgement to the inane ideology of liberalism it won't matter much as the net will be the least of concerns.
simplyw00x
Basically, since all of 3 virii in history affect Linux, we'll be left with an internet blissfully deviod of morons on Windows (says the moron on Windows Sad). Also, who is going to shut the net down? It's de-centralised, which is most of its appeal.
Helios
ahh.. nope, this war will last forever.

A hacker will come up with his software, then an anti-hacking face will come up with it's solution.. it will last forever.