FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

engineering

abhishek_2410
what r job prospects after doing b.tech
elekis
sorry but ... what is b.tech???
otiscom
Better than nothing, but try to continue your education to higher levels including a degree.
Scorpio
elekis wrote:
sorry but ... what is b.tech???

B.Tech is a term commonly found in india

stands for Bachelor of technology,

fields like IT etc

Anyway what branch did you do your btech in?
abhishek_2410
b tech is a 4 yr engineering degree given in india.the branch i want is computer or electronics.also give prospects for bachelor degree in architecture(b.arch).
tidruG
B.Tech isn't likely to offer you much unless you pass out of IIT or BITS or some other really good college. I recommend going for some sort of PG after that. Your best bet for a good job is to do a good MBA from some good B-school, or to do an MS from abroad (USA appears to be most in-demand right now). If you do an M.Tech, you're likely to get a very technical job... and from what I've heard... most people who do an M.Tech end up becoming lecturers (I don't know how true this is, though)
the_phoenix
yeah...mtech is a better bet i guess. answering gate would be the best option.

but many firms do offer opportunities for further studies if ur work ethics r good.

u may check forum.gatementor.com
good site for gate prep.

cheers
littonk
If you're trying to get rich off of knowledge then you've either got to find practical use out of it or just get in-depth enough that you're an expert in the field.
airh3ad
I think you have to shift to computer science rather bachelor of technology course The Computer Science program is focused on the concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations, implementation and application of information and computing solutions.

The program prepares students to be IT professionals and researchers, and to be proficient in designing and developing computing solutions.
Da Rossa
Sorry about being off-topic but I wonder where is the OP after these nine years. I bet he got his b.tech and maybe even changed jobs already!
pcpolytechnic
B Tech is a Bachelor of Technology.It is a graduate academic degree of three to four year program of studies at an accredited university.
jestoy0514
It depends on what you like best and where do you think you will going to be happy. I do like computer and other stuffs so I took computer engineering.
restonpiston
jestoy0514 wrote:
It depends on what you like best and where do you think you will going to be happy. I do like computer and other stuffs so I took computer engineering.

That's exactly my point of view, if you like something, study about it and try to make a career aout of it