FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yet Another Idea..!

Zuex
Well, the current way to get hosting is:

Post on the forums and ta da, but
wouldn't it be better if we could sign up and automatically get our
account with subdomain straight, pretty similar to the way you sign up on FreeWebs, but i NOTHING like it. If you know what i mean Wink
Apart from the way you sign up, i believe it's a pretty good freewebhosting website...
Although i haven't got my hosting yet, i'll see how long it'll take for me to get it..

Basically, All My Ideas:

Different SignUp
Get your account straight after signing up
To get MORE MB and a better package, you should post in forum..
Somehow when you post enough and get enough points, you should automatically be able to upgrade your account.

Thanks for reading,
Zuex
mathiaus
Adding different packages just complicates matters for everyone, users and staff (and with users who get confused with this system, they wouldn't be able to cope).

Also, Frihost is more than capable of automatic registrations and when you register, it has been however delibratly decided not to though. You need to post before having a chance of getting webspace. This is so we know your going to post at all and so we can see how well you post. We also need manual registration after signup so staff can see how members post and what they intend to do with their account.

Basicly this is as likely to happen as its likely I'm going to be PM tomorrow (unlikely unfortunatly), as has been made quite obvious in other suggestions like this
n0obie4life
Zuex, automated webhosts always give ads most of the time.

You don't want us to do that right?

The more packages is coming soon (try next year or after our first birthday).
Scorpio
When exactly did you start this site? With the webhosting and all? Very Happy
Blaster
Site started the 25th of april offically.

And yes that would be hard. I don't want ads. Adds are so hard. That is one of bondings things is to not have any ads.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Please, elaborate?
Zuex
Hmm, why not make a automated sign up for about 50MB, but to gain MORE space ect THEN! you go on the forums and post quality threads.
No Ads, just less space, but you can obviously gain more.
n0obie4life
Marston wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Please, elaborate?

300mb, 15gb bandwidth etc (just an example, we haven't really confirmed that yet)
Marston
Confused And, so, you get a better package as you post more? Won't this lead to massive post-whoring?
Blaster
n0obie4life wrote:
Marston wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Please, elaborate?

300mb, 15gb bandwidth etc (just an example, we haven't really confirmed that yet)

That would be nice. It might lead to people posting spam and all of that but maybe they could check to see if they are quialty posts.
Bondings
I once planned to do that, very long ago. However, I changed my mind now. 250MB should be enough for most people. The problem with raising this limit is that a few users will use all the disk space.
Assiez
Hmm I don't think that auto assigment of subdomains should be allowed. Opens too much possiblity for abuse.

But maybe here's another idea, right now I think the people waiting for accounts are taken care of on a first come first serve basis. How about instead, the people who post the most are assigned subdomains before the people who just get their 5 posts and 10 points and stop?

For example, I'm still waiting for a subdomain, but I already have many many points and posts. Somebody who might have only 5 posts and 10 points might have asked for a subdomain first, and so will get one first. But who will be a better memeber for Frihost? The person who continues to post even after meeting the requirements of course.
Marston
Bondings wrote:
I once planned to do that, very long ago. However, I changed my mind now. 250MB should be enough for most people. The problem with raising this limit is that a few users will use all the disk space.
HEY! No double posting!!1one
WebSiteGuru
I for once like thje original request better. Post the requirement then send in a request for the subdomain hosting. Having an automatic subdomain is not good and can lead to a nightmare in managing.
zjosie729
Assiez wrote:
Hmm I don't think that auto assigment of subdomains should be allowed. Opens too much possiblity for abuse.

But maybe here's another idea, right now I think the people waiting for accounts are taken care of on a first come first serve basis. How about instead, the people who post the most are assigned subdomains before the people who just get their 5 posts and 10 points and stop?

For example, I'm still waiting for a subdomain, but I already have many many points and posts. Somebody who might have only 5 posts and 10 points might have asked for a subdomain first, and so will get one first. But who will be a better memeber for Frihost? The person who continues to post even after meeting the requirements of course.

Or rather, if you requested first, you get it first. That would really be better.
faker
one thing good about manually proccessing all the request is that the computer can not differentiate a quality post and a spam. people could come in, spam and get an account from the automated script. quality post can only be determined by us humans !!