FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Directadmin Server 2 Problems

n0obie4life
Hello Frihosters,

Some of you may be having problems logging into DirectAdmin at this moment of posting.

This problem only affects Server 2 (frih.net domains)

Please be patient with us as we/the server techs fix this login bug Smile.

For people who need to access phpMyadmin for MYSQL database management, you may access it through

- http://frih.net/phpmyadmin/

FTP and POP3 (email) are still working fine.

Please don't create any new support tickets about this! We are aware of the problem.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused,
Frihost Staff
Marston
h4XX0r3d?
hsadmin
Umm... Still doesen't work!
n0obie4life
hsadmin wrote:
Umm... Still doesen't work!

phpmyadmin? Or Directadmin?

Directadmin still doesn't work, you'll have to wait till Bondings posts an update Wink
Scorpio
I hope there is no crash or any such mishap?
riv_
I can't log in to check my web mail either... Kind of problematic (since my local ISP is having service interruptions as well... grrr...)
Is there some way I can at least access my mail account?
Marston
scorpio wrote:
I hope there is no crash or any such mishap?
If you're worried, backup via FTP.
Bondings
Most logins still don't seem to be working, but it is already getting better.

For webmail, please use a local email client. pop3 still seems to be working. The settings are on your account page.

The server was giving a lot of errors and there were problems with apache restarting and losing sessions. Those should now be fixed, however the fix apparantly caused problems in DirectAdmin with the passwords and logins.

The techs are still working on it at the moment and I hope they fix this soon.
cheeta
^^^

waiting for that.... Confused Confused

hope it gets solve soon...

me at 13:00 hours IST (+5.30 GMT) still unable to access directadmin... but yes FTP is working...
TheMentor
cheeta wrote:
^^^

waiting for that.... Confused Confused

hope it gets solve soon...

me at 13:00 hours IST (+5.30 GMT) still unable to access directadmin... but yes FTP is working...

yes FTP is working but
i need to DirectAdmin..
i m waiting it
madsencarl
I can't create new databases?

And how do I delete them in phymyadmin?
cheeta
sorry to report... Sad

at 15:00 hours IST (+5.30 GMT) i am stll unable to access DirectAdmin... Sad Sad

Hope u guess is working fast... to get it back online... Confused Confused
Scorpio
I have a complete backup of my files except the forum, which of course has just been constructed, so nothing much to lose there.
ashik
Bondings wrote:
For webmail, please use a local email client. pop3 still seems to be working. The settings are on your account page.

I am unable to access my mail even via pop3. The server rejects my password.

I hope the problem is resolved soon enough.
Arnie
I can't use POP3 email either.
n0obie4life
madsencarl wrote:

You can't.
traxion
n0obie4life wrote:
madsencarl wrote:

You can't.

thats right u cant make a new DB but u can make a new table, so u can work with it

hopefully it will work very soon again
dac_nip
i can't access my pop3 server. the server rejects my password. i thought the moderator says pop3 is still working? can i confrim this? or the problem lies with my side?
madsencarl
Know what caused the problem?
And when you expecting it back up?
heady233
Bondings wrote:

The server was giving a lot of errors and there were problems with apache restarting and losing sessions. Those should now be fixed, however the fix apparantly caused problems in DirectAdmin with the passwords and logins.

What does that mean?
alalex
No PhpMyAdmin!!!
alja
dac_nip wrote:
i can't access my pop3 server. the server rejects my password. i thought the moderator says pop3 is still working? can i confrim this? or the problem lies with my side?

I have the same problem no pop no cp. ftp works.
maclui
Quote:
No PhpMyAdmin!!!

NOOOoooo
heady233
maclui wrote:
Quote:
No PhpMyAdmin!!!

NOOOoooo

Sites aren't even up. Crying or Very sad
Petee
As far as I can tell, your main email account is offline at the moment, it won't accept the password, but other secondary accounts do work. At least, that's what is happening to me.
Insanity
Are mail accounts the only thing broken? I can't seem to login to my cPanel, and I'm not sure if this is the cause of it.
Bondings
The logins to DirectAdmin and the main email accounts are still not working(the ones that were created by you do work). The only thing that the server techs currently were able to do is just reset the passwords.

It is not easy to reset the passwords for all users as this will take a lot of time (but will work), so I'm still hoping for an easier way to restore them. Hopefully soon.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
cheeta
Bondings wrote:
The only thing that the server techs currently were able to do is just reset the passwords.

It is not easy to reset the passwords for all users as this will take a lot of time (but will work), so I'm still hoping for an easier way to restore them. Hopefully soon.

thnx for the info...

but it seems the easer way is taking longer that the harderway... Sad Sad

if u do need to reset.... will there be any problem with the parked domains in individual user account??
Soulfire
My FTP is still working fine, the website still works for me... just can't login to Direct Admin, still. This is at 12:56pm EST. (Not sure on GMT)
thpn
When the DirectAdmin comes back, will all of the users' information still be there?
Bondings
cheeta wrote:
Bondings wrote:
The only thing that the server techs currently were able to do is just reset the passwords.

thnx for the info...

but it seems the easer way is taking longer that the harderway... Sad Sad

if u do need to reset.... will there be any problem with the parked domains in individual user account??

Cheeta, everything is apparantly working fine (that I know of) except for the logins.

The server was generating a lot of errors (and apache had to restart a lot) and the fix apparantly caused the logins to stop working.

I'm currently waiting for an answer. As soon as I get it and it doesn't seem to be going fixed soon, I am going to reset all passwords and pm them. I'm not sure how long this will take, but it won't be fast imo(probably take a day or more for all accounts).
Blaster
Is there going to be a certain order you are going to do this in like you did when server 2 crashed and you had to recreate accounts?
Bondings
Blaster wrote:
Is there going to be a certain order you are going to do this in like you did when server 2 crashed and you had to recreate accounts?

No, also it's only the Control Panel. I will most likely take the easiest way, it is alphabetically.
insolent1
Is this joke of April 1?
mathiaus
Frihost would never play a joke which would stop it's members from accessing their accounts and stop any new applications being dealt with.

Some stuff was planned but canceled because of these problems.
Marston
mathiaus wrote:
What kind of stuff?
Bondings
It seems like restoring the passwords would take more time than actually giving new ones. We will be sending out pm's to everyone with a new password and do this as fast as possible.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Marston wrote:
mathiaus wrote:
What kind of stuff?

We'll maybe do it another day. Wink
borabora
I bought domain but I can't enter to the directadmin Laughing
mathiaus
we know and were working on it, right this minute Eh?
mathiaus
Just to let you all know where we're up to ...
We've been working non-stop and have currently reset about 50% of users passwords.

While we have done them in alphabetical order some have been skipped for varios reasons, left for that users account creator to reset. This means not everyone who's username begins with 'a' will have their new password yet so there is still no need to worry.

We hope to have all account passwords reset by the end of tomorrow though it is likely (no gaurantee though!) they will be done by the afternoon (GMT).

Those who have recieved a PM with their new password should now be able to login without any problems. Smile
DoctorBeaver
I got the PM with a new password, tried it, but it still does the same.
Mgccl
I don't get it... how can problem like this happen?
is it something wrong with the database?
I can't login... and I have some important update...
might need to do it by FTP
n0obie4life
Mgccl wrote:
I don't get it... how can problem like this happen?
is it something wrong with the database?
I can't login... and I have some important update...
might need to do it by FTP

How can something like this happen? We don't know Wink.

Well, we're lucky that we don't run cPanel on Server 2 (I can't imagine Razz)
DoctorBeaver
I don't know if this will help, but maybe.

When I enter an incorrect password, I get the expected error message. When I enter the correct username & password, there is no message; the login page just refreshes with blank fields.
dude_xyx
I d recieved the mail with resetted passowrd but even it doent work. Both on DriectAdmin and Ftp . Crying or Very sad
Blaster
Make sure you didn't put in a space. Just copy and past.
garionw
heady233 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

What does that mean?

pop3 is accessing your mail from a program on your computer. I reccomend using Mozilla Thunderbird from http://getthunderbird.com
SFMeatwad
Yeah, my FTP file management program connection to the webserver is running smoothly. I was wondering, can you like put a radio server on the website? I have no idea how big it is, but I am sure it is possible. I am just wondering.

Hope you get server 2 fixed! Very Happy

Good luck, and thanks for letting us have server 2 and 1 for free! Very Happy

Go FRIHOST!!
alja
For the Log> I got the pm and everything is working fine. Thanks for all the help trying to fix and make the things easier for us in spite of the circumstances. Hopefully we can't get rid of this curse and won't get troubles again for a while.
Thanks frihost!
dude_xyx
Blaster wrote:
Make sure you didn't put in a space. Just copy and past.

Of couse ! but it still says " Invalid login. Please verify your Username and Password ". Really bad day for me.
Blaster
I would say so. Request a new password i guess. They are making so many new passwords they might have messed yours up. You may have to wait though do to them being bussy.

god of free webhosting wrote:
No, also it's only the Control Panel. I will most likely take the easiest way, it is alphabetically.

Glad I picked blaster. Thanks for it being fast to get my password back. Very Happy Great for people doing it for free.
dude_xyx
I hope they would do something about it. Im sure im not only one still has problems even after recieved new password.
teh_razz
Ahh, still not working, but I have faith in FriHost Cool
Bondings
DoctorBeaver wrote:

When I enter an incorrect password, I get the expected error message. When I enter the correct username & password, there is no message; the login page just refreshes with blank fields.

If you don't get an error message, then the password is not the problem. It will rather be a problem with the sessions/cookies. Maybe try on http://cp.frih.net/ .
Bondings
dude_xyx wrote:
I hope they would do something about it. Im sure im not only one still has problems even after recieved new password.

That was my mistake, I sent you a private message with the password.
dude_xyx
Bondings wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

That was my mistake, I sent you a private message with the password.

Oh thx bondings Everything is working now ! Cant blame you Im sure you are on fire just like me since your prbs here are lot bigger then mine lol. i was about to have a heart attack when i d received the msg. Thanks again. Very Happy
jazrt
thank you for working on this asp. hope to to see results soon Smile
Scorpio
I did not receive my PM yet. Or for that matter, the old password is not being accepted like so many others before me.

What exactly is the order you are following in sending the passwords? Sad
Bondings
scorpio wrote:
I did not receive my PM yet. Or for that matter, the old password is not being accepted like so many others before me.

What exactly is the order you are following in sending the passwords? Sad

Alphabetically per account creator. But we are already at 60% and most accounts should be finished soon, probably today.
cheeta
ok got my PM with new PW... thnx... its working now...

Bondings wrote:
Alphabetically per account creator.

lol...

those who had account name (begaining with) with numbers or A were lucky this time... got there PW quicker... Very Happy Very Happy

Bondings wrote:
But we are already at 60% and most accounts should be finished soon, probably today.

anyway... yes.. it didnt take long to receive new PW... so thnx again... Smile Smile
Soulfire
Aw, man! I got the short end of the stick... Stupid me and Soulfire. Anyways, PHPmyadmin won't work for me, so I look forward to my new pm.
dac_nip
i got mine. working great! thanks.. Very Happy
maclui
world-class costumer service. My brand new password has arrived and everything is fine again. Thanks so much Bondings for taking this edeavor so seriously.
Bondings
We are now almost finished, maybe in a few hours.

@Soulfire, you should be able to access phpMyAdmin with the username and password of the database. For the password reset, unfortunately the only fast way is to do it alphabetically per reseller, so it might take up to a few hours for your account.
Arnie
Thank you very much for this fast fix! It was just in time for me to finish my physics essay. Smile
votd
Ohh crap why I didn't made an account with A in first? Surprised

I hope you get it fixed, because I really need to get to the MySQL Database Managment.

Shoot! Why it must happened yesterday? Today, when I really need DirectAdmin it's not working, and when I haven't really needed it, it was working properly. Arghhh, world is so cruel.

My account was votd or pspradio, I don't remember well, but anyway I have faith in you that you manage to return my password today!! I can't wait to access DirectAdmin Surprised

Good luck and please be hasty !! Laughing
alkutob
No access to phpMyAdmin or DirectAdmin and ftp

it says that username or password is incorrect .

Another problem in my forum that you need to login again and again each time you leave the mouse for a minute ...
traxion
cheeta wrote:

if im correct.

the paswords will be reset so every then is the same but the pass is new

but u can change it again to ure old one if u want
alkutob
My new password is sent ...

I received it ... thank you Arin
Scorpio
Thanks to the Frihost Admins.
I received the password and it is working fine.

Thanks mathiaus Very Happy
mathiaus
traxion wrote:
if im correct.

the paswords will be reset so every then is the same but the pass is new

but u can change it again to ure old one if u want

Everyone has a new unique password for them only. You can change it to your old password or choose something new, it doesn't matter.

I've completed resetting the passwords for everyone under me. If I've left you out or the password doesnt work, please contact me.

At the time of me posting, there are only 34 other accounts which need a new password Smile
Bondings
I finally finished the last password change. Everyone should now have gotten a pm with a new password.

If you didn't receive a pm or your password doesn't work, please post it here or pm me.

Please note that passwords are case-sensitive; "A" is not the same as "a".

You can always change the password back to the previous one if that is easier for you.

Anyway, I'm glad it's done now. Very Happy
Hobbit
Thanks guys for the fix. Frihost rocks. Cool
DoctorBeaver
Bondings wrote:
DoctorBeaver wrote:

If you don't get an error message, then the password is not the problem. It will rather be a problem with the sessions/cookies. Maybe try on http://cp.frih.net/ .

Trying it from that link I get the invalid login message.
alalex
Please send email when MyAdmin is working!!
I can upload files to my account using ftp, this was yesterday 4/1 at 7:00 pm in Mass. brookline.

I really do need to use the dtabase phpmyadmin!! Please tell when it is working Exclamation
hsadmin
UMM! Getting mad.. Can't do stuff on my website...
alalex
I already received the change in password and everything is working!! Well, actually phpmyadmin is not...
s43ros
Thanks for the quick fix
Bondings
alalex wrote:
I already received the change in password and everything is working!! Well, actually phpmyadmin is not...

You need to login with the username and password of the database, not your main username/password.

@hsadmin, you should have received a pm with a new password.

@DoctorBeaver, do you maybe want a new password?
selim06
Thanks i've also got mine...and a question will it be again?or you solve theese problems correctly?only in 1 month the server 2 crashed and the server 1 also crashed and the last problem...Oh i hope so we will recover to good and relax days...Thanks again...
Bondings
selim06 wrote:
Thanks i've also got mine...and a question will it be again?or you solve theese problems correctly?only in 1 month the server 2 crashed and the server 1 also crashed and the last problem...Oh i hope so we will recover to good and relax days...Thanks again...

We had 3 major problems with the server the last 3 months. This isn't normal and shouldn't happen so often (if at all). I'm trying to do everything I can to avoid these kind of things to happen in the future.
selim06
Bondings wrote:
selim06 wrote:

We had 3 major problems with the server the last 3 months. This isn't normal and shouldn't happen so often (if at all). I'm trying to do everything I can to avoid these kind of things to happen in the future.

I'm sure that...
alalex
I don't know if this happens to everyone but I see every letter in a color...
Blaster
read the latest discussion on the bored.
Animal
alalex wrote:
I don't know if this happens to everyone but I see every letter in a color...

Blaster wrote:
read the latest discussion on the bored.

And by the latest discussion board, Blaster means this one

Wink
Blaster
Yea sorry i was lazy Embarassed
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:
Yea sorry i was lazy Embarassed

That made quite an impact on the post, I should say.
HA ha ha Very Happy
ladyrobina
Thank you for letting us know so promptly about the new passwords. It is very much appreciated, especially so because this is a free service.
Thundr n Lightning
I'm sorry, but I can't seem to login. I only received my activation the day before the Server 2 issues, so I didn't even get a chance to try Frihost.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

EDIT: I should clarify, I'm getting the "invalid login" error.
Lilystock
Hi,

Thanks the team ! The job has been done so smoothly that it has been absolutly painless for me Wink

Laughing

Cheers,
landxxx
I have big problem

My phpmyadmin on frih.net find user and pass.

My user and pass from frih.net FTP and directadmin are inccoret

Why are user and pass inccorect ??????
mathiaus
did you recieve a new PM with a new password?
babumuchhala
Will the frihost team PLEASE consider, locking this thread & spliting this thread to make a service thread, in "Web Hosting Support"

Its kinda a bit irritating, whenever u login, to see On the Announcemets Section, & u think "OH Announcemet Waiting to be seen & it turns out to be service reply or just plain "OH yah its down & stuff"

So once again a Kind request for locking this thread & spliting this thread to make a service thread, in "Web Hosting Support"
mathiaus
Fair comment. Everyone seems to have a working user/pass now (bar landxx but thats being dealt with over PM).

-close-