FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The best browser search





KHO
This is a thread not asking which browser you use, and don't even post in here if you use IE Neutral. This thread is to search through all the browsers out there, and find one stable enough, with enough features that it is appealing to the everyday users.

This thread is only for the Windows OS, sorry to all you Linux, BSD, and Mac users, but Windows is the most commonly used OS. Do not post browsers with no support for a windows machine.

Regardless of what you say, l am on FireFox right now, and it is not the best of them all. l would like to request that you rate them based on a few simple things, you may add others if you would like, and also, l would like that you post a few of their key features, as well as their flaws that you have noticed. The purpose of this is that we might find a stable, secure browser that is pleasent to look at (l like netscape based browsers, but they are so ugly, and have little to no customization)

Rate them based on the topics below, in a range of 1-10.

Stability:
Functionality:
Visual:
Compatablity:
Security:
Customization:
Speed:
Crash Frequency (this should be a average time, such as FireFox crashes about once a week with an average usage):


Do not flame other user in this thread for the way that they rate a browser, if you can convince me that IE is more stable, and secure than any other, l will accept that of course, but good luck there Neutral.

If you notice that someone has left something out, please say so.

Here is an example of how your submission might look (but please, don't limit it to just this):

FireFox 1.5.0.1
Stability: 8
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 6
Security: 8
Customization: 10
Speed: 9
Crash Frequency: about twice a week for me (extensive use)

Notes: Browser is open source, and a community project, so there are many extensions and themes to choose from, making it extremally coustomizable for both functions as well as graphicaly. Developer tools are extremelly usefull for any users, as well as NoScript for blocking almost any element of a page, increasing security as well as blocking ads and annoying scripts on any page.

Memmory leak causes it to eat CPU as well as RAM after a few hours of usage. Often crashes randomly, as well as slowing down computer when you have many tabs open. Many pages do not work in FFX due to compatablity issues.
Rocky3478
Safari 2.0.3 -

Stability: 8
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 7
Security: 10
Customization: 7
Speed: 7
Crash Frequency: Once a month (because I click too fast... :p)

Notes: The security of this browser is based on OS X, otherwise it would be a 6.
Animal
Rocky3478 wrote:
Safari 2.0.3 -

Stability: 8
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 7
Security: 10
Customization: 7
Speed: 7
Crash Frequency: Once a month (because I click too fast... :p)

Notes: The security of this browser is based on OS X, otherwise it would be a 6.

Safari isn't available for Windows.

KHO wrote:
This thread is only for the Windows OS, sorry to all you Linux, BSD, and Mac users, but Windows is the most commonly used OS. Do not post browsers with no support for a windows machine.


Rolling Eyes
Indyan
Opera

Stability: 7
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 7
Security: 10
Customization: 7
Speed: 10
Crash Frequency: The weekly build does crash once in a while. But it resumes from where it left within 5 secs.
KHO
Animal wrote:
Rocky3478 wrote:
Safari 2.0.3 -

Stability: 8
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 7
Security: 10
Customization: 7
Speed: 7
Crash Frequency: Once a month (because I click too fast... :p)

Notes: The security of this browser is based on OS X, otherwise it would be a 6.

Safari isn't available for Windows.

KHO wrote:
This thread is only for the Windows OS, sorry to all you Linux, BSD, and Mac users, but Windows is the most commonly used OS. Do not post browsers with no support for a windows machine.


Rolling Eyes


ya, l saw that Neutral but l figured since it was the only post in like a week, l would rather just let the thread die Neutral but it seems someone has posted for a browser that works on Windows Neutral joy Neutral
KHO
Indyan wrote:
Opera

Stability: 7
Functionality: 10
Visual: 10
Compatablity: 7
Security: 10
Customization: 7
Speed: 10
Crash Frequency: The weekly build does crash once in a while. But it resumes from where it left within 5 secs.

l would like your opinion on this, l liked Opera for all that it was, and found it vastly superior to FFX, however, l found a few bugs, such as:

1.whenever you try and enable a POP3 mail account on it, it begins a HUGE memmory leak, and crashes every time you open within five minutes.
2. It was fast, but that was because it cached so well, too well in fact Neutral l went to one phiser site by accident, and my firewall went crazy, l closed the page, but it had stored a copy of the page in my cache so that every time l loaded lt loaded the trojans contained on the page Neutral my firewalls stoped these, but it was annoying that every time it accesed anywhere near that file, the trojans were activated, and l couldn't get rid of them, even after a full uninstall untill l had to wipe my partition that those were contained on Neutral

l just wanted to know if at any time you have experienced anything like these bugs, for those two reasons, l ended up getting used to FFX again after l had gotten used to Opera, and that was very annoying.
Related topics
which kind of browser do u use
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
... And the browser trophy goes to ...
Google Ads help fund Spyware ?
Mozilla Firefox
Firefox available for download from Microsoft.com
IE Problem
Internet Explorer 7 (beta 2 preview)
WHAT THE BEST WEB BROWSER?
rate my sites plzzz!
The best type of browser there is.
Best browser!?!
which is the best Internet Search Engines?
What is the best Browser independant development environment
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.